New youth player and your nationality

I'm at Real Madrid and have just had an intake of youth players. Two of the players my assistant offered contracts to were from Offaly and Mullingar, not your typical madrid youth players. Are you more likely to get youth players of your own nationality even if it's not your typical nationality for the club your with?

I'm at Real Madrid and have just had an intake of youth players. Two of the players my assistant offered contracts to were from Offaly and Mullingar, not your typical madrid youth players. Are you more likely to get youth players of your own nationality even if it's not your typical nationality for the club your with?

Yes, your nationality, and the nationality of your coaching staff can have an affect on the which youngsters you get in your intake.

I'm still waiting - managing in Scotland, my nationality is American (2nd nationality Welsh in-game) and all I get are Scottish players. Of course, my coaches and Scouts are overwhelmingly Scottish (couple English in there and a Welsh). Maybe I need to crank up my recruiting network some more.

Archived