Matthew Etherington

Bojan Djordjic

Tomas Pekhart

Fabio Paim

Nacer Barazite

Sherman Cardenas

Kabba Samura

(Emmanuel Olisadebe)

Antonio Da Silva ; Ferrah Orosco (good ole times ^^)

Matthew Etherington. Stoke City really that obscure??

Cherno Samba is the most obvious one. Denilson, Dean Marney, maybe put Danny Guthrie on the list. Armand Traore. Razvan Ochirosii... Can't think of any more right now who were great players young players for me on FM who haven't really done a lot in real life.

Guthrie, Marney and Traore now all play in the Championship, Denilson's back in Brazil, Ochirosii, 4* potential if I remember rightly at Steaua Bucharest, now on loan in Segunda B!

Where does Lionel Morgan fit into the reckoning?

I always remembered Lionel as amazing in real life so I can't condone him being added to the list - obscurity and your knees falling off are two separate things.

Fairly recent, although not especially interesting, interview here: http://beatsandrhymesfc.com/lionel-morgan-interview-fond-days-as-a-don-for-former-england-prodigy/

obscurity, really? played for liverpool, juve, psg, fiorentina.. Yeah..that's some obscure career .. :rolleyes:

Yeah definatley not obscure but the Momo Sissoko of old FM is sooo different to the Momo of real life :D

I remember I first started on the CM/FM series on FM 05 and played an online game with a friend using an end of season update. Momo at Liverpool was beasting, and 2nd top scorer of my team :D

Google, surely?

I actually wasn't seeking information about Bakayoko was I. If he was to live up to the legacy he had on the CM-games he would have been a legend, but compared to his goalscoring ability in the game I nominee his real life career as a 'real life obscurity'.

I am sorry as I don't really mean he had been "drifted into obscurity in real life". I also know he had a good career with Lyon. Its just that with the stats he had got in my past CM/FM games, I would expect him to achieve greater things in much bigger clubs like Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern, etc , but he spent a good 10 years in France instead :o

Not mentioned yet :

Adrian Mihalcea

Sindre Loe Bing

Ronald Gomez

Hugo Pinheiro

Mark Kerr

Willie Howie

Andy Burgess

Aaron Cable

Mark Tyler

Tom Youngs

Matthew Etherington

Bojan Djordjic

Tomas Pekhart

Fabio Paim

Nacer Barazite

Sherman Cardenas

Kabba Samura

(Emmanuel Olisadebe)

Antonio Da Silva ; Ferrah Orosco (good ole times ^^)

Barazite is at Monaco IRL (although injured) & Pekhart is at Nürnberg IRL - Hardly obscurity

Somebody further up metioned Kim Kallstrom. I know he isn't obscure but he definitely was a 'must have.' In the version where he started as a kid at Hacken you could get him for about £50k!

I also remember having Evandro Roncatto in my Celtic side and him getting Scottish nationality. I was also Scotland manager at the time and can remember watching in the lead up to him becoming 'Scottish' in the hope Brazil didn't pick him. I called him up to and played him in the Scotland side on the first available occassion!

I remember a Swedish kid who turned into a world beater in cm98 (I think) in the name of Bloomqvist or something like that, I mean no overhyped wonderkid ever gave me the chills like he did! I'm not sure if he even existed in real life lol.

I remember a Swedish kid who turned into a world beater in cm98 (I think) in the name of Bloomqvist or something like that, I mean no overhyped wonderkid ever gave me the chills like he did! I'm not sure if he even existed in real life lol.

I'm guessing you're not talking about Jesper Blomqvist? :D

Sindre Loe Bing

I think he was a semi-fake player the researcher(s) added just for fun... He is indeed a real person (or at least the tax register has a Sindre Løe Bing born in 1989 in the Kongsvinger area) but his football history is so sparse, and frankly irrelevant, I suppose he was put into the db just because.

I remember even in more recent CM (post-split) games there were a couple of young and completely unknown Norwegian players with good potential and ridiculous nicknames... Totlandinho (aka Jørgen Totland) and something like Tiggi, can't remember.

So I suppose they were either the researchers themselvs or some friends of theirs.

Not fake players per se, a la To Madeira, Mascio or Cascio, but still... Not fair to include a guy with limited youth background and no professional pedigree among the list of overrated and overhyped players, in both FM and real life, who didn't deliver.

When did the 'wonderkid' tag come into the game officially? What version first had descriptions in the player info? I think that would be a good cut-off starting point for such a topic as the Champ Manager 90s and pre-split 2000's players have already been lovingly discussed at length, in fact there is a book!

Archived