FM Wonderkid to Real Life Obscurity

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great player, but not as good as on FM 185 PA in FM14 where abilities are generally tuned down. Look at Özil who has 168 CA. Any sane manager would take Ôzil over Rooney as a AMC.

Rooney has both higher PA and CA than Özil in FM14. Coz he's english. Had Rooney been german he would probably have a much lower CA/PA :)

I'd take Rooney every single time over Ozil.

What about Adam Hammill?

Swear you could poach him from the Liverpool squad on like 05 or 06 and he was class. Either that or I've dreamt this for the last 7/8 year.

I remember buying him in like the first Football Manager game, very handy player though I don't know what he's doing now

I remember signing a young lad called Ramon Calliste from Man Utd on CM 01/02, I think it was. He scored bucketfuls (up to 100 goals a season) for me, so I kept an ear out on his actual career. I think he dropped right down the English divisions... very far.

http://cardiffyouthfootball.wordpress.com/2012/11/07/ramon-calliste-where-is-he-now/

Wow. That's a big drop for him :(

Saw a lot of people mentioning Anthony Vanden Borre.

Has indeed not lived up to his real potential. With a bit better mentality, like his friend Kompany, he would have been a great player. So research wasn't that wrong.

Still best right back in/from Belgium if he wants. Currently playing verry well for Anderlecht and even some saying he should get into the belgian national team. He has a chance, we don't have really someone on that position.

Archived