Youth Rating (Could someone from SI answer this please)

Is it static even if you completely change the position he plays in because he suits the new one more?

For instance, I have a player who is rated at 2 stars as a LB but the way his stats are he would make a cracking striker but an extremely poor defender. In real life players who haven't been great in one position have often become top players when a manager has the foresight to change his position to suit the players attributes.

Sorry just read it was youth nations? My mistake, feel like an idiot now.

So I take it players stats can change positively from their potential ratings with a change of position? Apologise for taking convo off base btw

Is it static even if you completely change the position he plays in because he suits the new one more?

For instance, I have a player who is rated at 2 stars as a LB but the way his stats are he would make a cracking striker but an extremely poor defender. In real life players who haven't been great in one position have often become top players when a manager has the foresight to change his position to suit the players attributes.

Sorry just read it was youth nations? My mistake, feel like an idiot now.

So I take it players stats can change positively from their potential ratings with a change of position? Apologise for taking convo off base btw

The stars are just his potential ability, which was generated by the game when he arrived into it. It cannot go up so changing positions won't help.

• Administrators
In my experience, SI don't like answering questions about their game.

It may be in your experience of course, but generally I must say that's simply not true. There are some aspects where we're not going to comment on (try asking us who all the -9 and -10 players are in FM14) but the majority where we can we'll answer. Saying that, why would we answer a question when somebody in the community has already answered it? That's the great thing about the SI community, people are always looking to help out others.

In my experience, SI don't like answering questions about their game.

If you read the threads in the forums then you'll find this statement just isn't true. What is true is that this close to release they are going to be rather busy

It may be in your experience of course, but generally I must say that's simply not true. There are some aspects where we're not going to comment on (try asking us who all the -9 and -10 players are in FM14) but the majority where we can we'll answer. Saying that, why would we answer a question when somebody in the community has already answered it? That's the great thing about the SI community, people are always looking to help out others.

I've seen a few threads where a simple "this answer provided by the community is correct" could be helpful. But don't get me wrong, the transparency from you guys is excellent compared to the rest of the gaming market.

There are often a lot of threads where there are conflicting answers from the community, or where there's a lack of certainty and we're just guessing for the most part.

Like this one http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/361149-Shoots-with-power-vs.-places-shots-ppm. I've been wondering about that for a few years now. Various users and various guides give conflicting answers. So, when you should go for SWP and when with PS? :D

Maybe you lot have just been unlucky that I've happened to open the majority of the important topics you didn't post in.

Seeing as you are actually listening, what's up with your bug reports forum? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/359504-Recurring-notes-date-increments-by-1-day-each-year

There are often a lot of threads where there are conflicting answers from the community, or where there's a lack of certainty and we're just guessing for the most part.

Like this one http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/361149-Shoots-with-power-vs.-places-shots-ppm. I've been wondering about that for a few years now. Various users and various guides give conflicting answers. So, when you should go for SWP and when with PS? :D

My opinion as a simple FM user is PPM's are not good or bad per se. They're just 'preferred', and help to replicate players' tendencies and their style of football. So there are players who simply 'like' to shoot with power even if that is not the best option for them. I know I used to try to lob keeper at any occasion when I played, couldn't resist even if my success rate was around 0,1%...

My opinion as a simple FM user is PPM's are not good or bad per se. They're just 'preferred', and help to replicate players' tendencies and their style of football. So there are players who simply 'like' to shoot with power even if that is not the best option for them. I know I used to try to lob keeper at any occasion when I played, couldn't resist even if my success rate was around 0,1%...

Which is precisely the point. That's my opinion, too, but there's no definitive answer and the truth is still out there.

Archived