Advice please.

I have purchased to previous versions of FM (9 and 12). Being a football player in the States, I understand the game of football, but I have struggled to understand and learn this game. What I am looking for is advice on the best way to understand and enjoy the game. I read the form constantly looking for helpful information (for which there is a lot), but I invariably get bogged down in everything that one needs to do. I want to get sucked into this game, but I need help get past the steep learning curve. I would love to pick the next version, but I don't want to drop the cash until I can feel confident that I will play the game.

What do you suggest would help me get more from the game? I appreciate the advice, as I really do want to enjoy this great game.

On a side note, we finally get BPL games broadcasted on a station that I get and since the misses does not wake up in time to make me change the station I get to watch the complete matches. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a team to follow (great history, competitive, compelling players, etc.). The only teams that I am reluctant to follow are Man U and Man City (big money clubs who are similar to the NY Yankees in baseball). I am open to any suggestions.

Once again thank you for the assist. :)

Maybe you should start off playing FMC (a more streamlined version of the game) to help you with learning all the mechanics, then if you feel like you want a more detailed experience you play the full game.

People in circumstances like yourself are the reason FMC was introduced in FM 2013 and why it is being improved upon for this years version :)

Archived