What PC Graphic Card do you have and what the star rating for FM does it generate ?

Hi, I'm totally clueless when it comes to graphic cards, but am looking to upgrade my Radeon HD5450 card which only has a 2 star rating in the Game.

Now I thought rather than just ask which is a good card to use that will generate a 3.5 to 5 rating, I would see what people are using themselves and then look into them further myself.

So if you would be kind enough to Use the Template below that will be a great help.

Make -

Ram -

DDR type -

Price range -

thanks

This study in that form won't be of any real help to you. What you simply need to know is that any card from the last couple of generations by both AMD and Nvidia will run FM to it's capabilities. If you're only concerned about FM just get the cheapest one of those and you'll be set. If you play other games as well then you'll need to do a bit of research on somewhere like this.

This study in that form won't be of any real help to you. What you simply need to know is that any card from the last couple of generations by both AMD and Nvidia will run FM to it's capabilities. If you're only concerned about FM just get the cheapest one of those and you'll be set. If you play other games as well then you'll need to do a bit of research on somewhere like this.

It will be, What I'm after is where they sit in the FM star rating, I've spent the last couple of days reading reviews and still have no clue how much money I'll have to part with to get the performance I need without overspending.

As I said, any card from the last two or three generations will give you equal FM performance. My HD7770 will give you 5 stars, as will someones HD6450 or someone elses HD8990. Your study won't tell you anything about the differences between the three, which in FM is non existent but for playing other games is lightyears.

The review page I linked tells you that the best bang for buck entry level card in Sept 2013 is Radeon HD6570 for around £50. That will get you 5 stars in FM as will anything above it.

To say it more clearly, the only thing you need a graphic card for in FM is the matchday animations and that is a really low demand. FM is Highly dependant on CPU and that is what decides the star rating not the GPU.

So to sum up if you want a better star rating you need a better CPU (or overclocking), a new GPU wont help you.

To say it more clearly, the only thing you need a graphic card for in FM is the matchday animations and that is a really low demand. FM is Highly dependant on CPU and that is what decides the star rating not the GPU.

So to sum up if you want a better star rating you need a better CPU (or overclocking), a new GPU wont help you.

As this poster said worry more about the pc and it's capabilities rather than the graphics card FM's graphics are not even on a par with FIFA 98 in 3d mode so any newish pc will have a card that will run it easily. About 3 and half years ago I was buying a new pc for FM and came on this forum and was scare mongered into buying a dedicated graphics card what done nothing what a intel hd graphics card wouldn't do. Only look at more advanced cards if your planning on playing more graphically demanding games.

Archived