Football Director and Head of Youth development

DoF only helps if you use the unwanted list or use him to sign players for you. If you do all buying/selling manually, then you don't need a DoF at all.

HoYD however is useful for everyone, they help train the youth team players, and they marginally affect the quality and type of your youth intake.

DoF only helps if you use the unwanted list or use him to sign players for you. If you do all buying/selling manually, then you don't need a DoF at all.

HoYD however is useful for everyone, they help train the youth team players, and they marginally affect the quality and type of your youth intake.

Thx that was a good help.

I dont know whether there will be any changes in FM14, but FM13 i find it both these positions a complete waste.

Director of Football-no matter how good his stats you cant trust him. He will end up loaning your players to a lousy club, or sell for a lesser price. If you ask him to find a buyer for a player you cant seem to sell yourself, he too will be unable. You ask him to sign a player you cant sign, he will also fail. And then if you give him decision to offer contract, he will keep offering players contracts, and for a lot more than what you would offer. He ll do more harm than good, so i usually never delegate any work.

Apart from providing training, i doubt HOY does anything special. If that is the case why not hire a normal youth coach in the first place. And i doubt his presence helps you get better youngsters.

To make the game more interesting these two individuals should be allowed to work in autonomy. It makes it more realistic and challenging

Archived