New Laptop

my current laptop struggles to play fm13 at a good speed and is a little old anyway, i am intrested in getting a new laptop in time for fm14, as having this laptop not running so good ruined fm13 for me tbh. Howvever, i am useless when it comes to any kind of technology and im wanting a little help in choosing a laptop for fm14. i purely want the laptop for microsoft office (uni) internet (obviously) and fm14 nothing else.

So can anyone help?

budget of around 450 would be great...

what are you current specs?

I might be in store for a new one soon. Idk if my specs are good enough. Didn't play FM13, so I don't know how to compare and see if it handled it.

I have:

Intel Core i3-2350m 2.3 ghz

Intel HD Graphucs 3000

4 GB RAM

15.6" 16:9 HD LED LCD

i have not got a clue how i find them... USMNT10 tell me how to find them? and i will

expanding from my original post, it hasnt neccaserily got to be a laptop, i am open to the idea of a desktop...

Right click on "My Computer" and select properties. It will lay everything out there.

ntel® Corel2 DUO CPU

P7370 @2.00GHz

1.58 GHz 2.93 GB of RAM

physical address extension

yes no?

Sorry but, just got off work.

I am not a tech guy. So there are people who can give better opinions, but with Gaming, the processor is the most important, then the graphics card and RAM. With FM, graphics card is less significant than other games. So you can sacrifice a little there. The processor you have there is pretty below par. Your RAM is very low too. So it isn't surprising that your computer struggled with previous FM's.

You want to look at either a Intel i-3, i-5 or i-7. i-5's and i-7's are expensive. But you should find a cheap laptop with a qualify i-3. But there are many different types of qualities within an i-3, i-5, i-7. so you will just have to do some research on the options you have. As for RAM, you want at the very least 4gb.

You'll want a laptop with the latest Intel processor generation. This generation is named like this: Intel Core i3/i5/i7 4xxxyy. The 4 in the model name is the key. That sorted out, you need the best processor within your budget, as FM will play faster the more powerful processor you have. i3's are slowest, i7's are fastest. There are several models within each series. Certainly if you like to play with many leagues and a big database, you'll want a more powerful processor.

Next, you need enough RAM. I would recommend 6 GB. More won't help you much, but it won't hurt either.

You don't need a dedicated graphics card to play FM; the onboard graphics chip in these new processors are powerful enough to play FM's 3D graphics, allthough not at the highest detail settings. If you do get a dedicated card, go for something like the Nvidia GT 750M, as "lesser" power than this would be pretty pointless, given that the onboard chip is now more powerful than before, and have to a large extent taken away the need for dedicated cards in the low end and in the lower mid range.

If your budget allows it, get a SSD as your primary "harddisk". Considerably faster I/O than a regular spin disk, and will help your processor be as fast as it can be.

You'll want a laptop with the latest Intel processor generation. This generation is named like this: Intel Core i3/i5/i7 4xxxyy. The 4 in the model name is the key. That sorted out, you need the best processor within your budget, as FM will play faster the more powerful processor you have. i3's are slowest, i7's are fastest. There are several models within each series. Certainly if you like to play with many leagues and a big database, you'll want a more powerful processor.

Next, you need enogh RAM. I would recommend 6 GB. More won't help you much, but it won't hurt either.

You don't need a dedicated graphics card to play FM; the onboard graphics chip in these new processors are powerful enough to play FM's 3D graphics, allthough not at the highest detail settings. If you do get a dedicated card, go for something like the Nvidia GT 750M, as "lesser" power than this would be pretty pointless, given that the onboard chip is now more powerful than before, and have to a large extent taken away the need for dedicated cards in the low end and in the lower mid range.

If your budget allows it, get a SSD as your primary "harddisk". Considerably faster I/O than a regular spin disk, and will help your processor be as fast as it can be.

Good response. Seems like you know your stuff. What do you think about my specs?

Intel Core i3-2350m

Intel HD Graphics 3000

4 GB Ram

500 GB HDD

Good response. Seems like you know your stuff. What do you think about my specs?

Intel Core i3-2350m

Intel HD Graphics 3000

4 GB Ram

500 GB HDD

I think you'd struggle if you play like me, with most leagues and pretty much the whole database in play :) And I bet you need to play the FM 3D graphics at the lowest setting, right? Not that it takes away much from the game experience; the graphics are not really what FM is about. But there's no real need for upgrading, as long as you play with moderate settings and database.

I think you'd struggle if you play like me, with most leagues and pretty much the whole database in play :) And I bet you need to play the FM 3D graphics at the lowest setting, right? Not that it takes away much from the game experience; the graphics are not really what FM is about. But there's no real need for upgrading, as long as you play with moderate settings and database.

Ya I try to go with everything minimum with full database.

I understand the processors for the most part, but I can't tell the difference between good graphics cards and bad ones. I am guessing mine falls in the bad category? As for screen resolution, what is the most ideal?

Archived