My little Project for FM14 - Advice welcome.

damianhucker

Having played with the editor for quite a few incarnations of Football manager without ever really undertaking anything major ive decided im going to do some editoral work on the game before playing a proper game (other than on the beta as i know the editor wont be available at that time) especially now that the new editor will have been improved.

What im aiming to do is take football back in time slightly but with the modern squads/clubs etc etc

Basically the old style European cup before it became the champions cup (2 leg Knockout right up until the Quarter finals which is 2 groups of 4 with the top 2 qualifying for the Semi finals ) plus the Uefa cup and Cup Winners cup . Im also toying with adding a cup that will be like a Britain and Ireland cup for teams who didnt get into Europe (if i can figure out a way of doing it )

I want to recreate the old Foreigners rule so clubs will have to use more homegrown players.

And possibly, although not 100% sure about this , i May merge a few Nations , Ie reform Yugoslavia as it was before the Balkan war for example or Merging Ireland and Northern Ireland Into an all Irish Nation, But if i remember rightly i may need to split others up to fill the empty positions, Ie Creating a Basque Nation or Giving Independance to Greenland etc , will have to see how i get on with the rest first.

Im also Considering Making all the English Leagues 20 Teams and creating an additional division, Maybe a Premier 2 or just a Football League 3, again undecided currently.

I also Intend to Move Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham and Newport into the Welsh League.

Any thoughts or ideas welcome

yes they are are doable with the current editor...I have done the Yugoslavia/Ireland in FM11 the old European comp is available too for download if you have a search and the welsh clubs is easy too...no need to wait for FM14 you can do most now, do them in separate files and transfers them to new game when released

am i right in thinking i have to fill the vacated league spots with new leagues after i merge leagues together ?

Will it create issues if for example not only merging the Irish and Northern Irish leagues but to also merge the nations as a whole.

And finally at what level should i raise the welsh leagues reputation to account for the addition of cardiff, swansea etc to ensure they aren't just immediately asset stripped but at the same time not raising it too much to be realistic.

Archived