AI Player Valuations Compared To User Teams?

It's always been the thing that AI team's would offer less for your players and when you go in for an AI player the money they want is through the roof, Any news on improvement in FM14.....

So do you want the AI to accept less than they should for players who they dont want to sell, or should they be willing to offer you more money than they should for a player you want to get rid of?

The AI will always overpay if you negotiate for a player you dont want to sell, and it should ALWAYS play hardball when it comes to selling a player they dont want to lose.

It's always been the thing that AI team's would offer less for your players and when you go in for an AI player the money they want is through the roof, Any news on improvement in FM14.....

No, its always been the thing that a minority of users fail to understand how negotiation works alongside the basics of supply & demand.

You should be setting the asking price of your players higher than what you would accept allowing you room to drop your price and still be happy with it. If the AI offers less than what you want to accept then you reject or negotiate a higher price.

When you make an offer it should initially be less than what you are willing to pay leaving you room to increase your offer and still be happy with the price. You should also be making use of the media to unsettle a player.

Finally you need to consider your transfer target, Why should he move to your club? How long does he have left on his contract? Can you offer him higher wages? Can you offer him a better squad status? Are the clubs rivals in the same league? Does your club have a better reputation? If you don't give the AI club a reason to sell then they will be happy to keep the player and quote you high prices to put you off bidding.

When you go looking for a player in an AI team it is generally because you know they will improve your team, the AI knows this too and knows that not only will you pay more than you initially bid but also that they will have to get a replacement so they either ask for a little more if they can replace him easily or a lot more if they cannot.

When a team comes to get your player its up to you to negotiate them to a higher price, if the AI wants to spend £5m on a player you want at least £8m for then tell them you want £9m and gradually work it back and forth until you either get what you want or you are satisfied that the AI wont meet your valuation... then tell them to bugger off.

I don't have a problem with the ammount of money the AI or I pay, it is the frequency which bothers me. The AI is way too passive in poaching players from human managers. I bet even if you put Messi and Ronaldo into a 2nd league team you would be able to keep them.

I think AI is very generous in offering money to players.......I started a game with MU recently......sold Anderson for 20 mil euro....

At deadline day Real madrid and barcelona made bids for Nani for 11 mil euro....i dint want to sell so juz rejected and they made multiple bids upto 22 mil euros and then i frustated negotiated with in exchange asking messi from barca and ronaldo from real :D.......and they left saying sorry.

Although reputation of these players is high but its still just an example proving its not actually what the OP states it is.

I don't have a problem with the ammount of money the AI or I pay, it is the frequency which bothers me. The AI is way too passive in poaching players from human managers. I bet even if you put Messi and Ronaldo into a 2nd league team you would be able to keep them.

That is a definite issue.

That is a definite issue.

It's also patently not true. I've had several saves where a lot of the time you are powerless to stop your players leaving. I played as Partick Thistle in an era where their youth academy was producing hit after hit. I lost five or so players that I absolutely wanted to keep, but couldn't because other clubs turned their heads. If the player is worth it, the AI will sniff around. It's not up to the level of media hype and transfer "gossip" that is in the real world, but I would hate if it did get to that point to be honest.

Like others have said, you need to negotiate. You pitch low, the AI will snap your hand off. You pitch too high, you can fend them off if you don't want to sell, but you run the risk of unsettling the player. I don't see what's wrong with it.

Archived