The 3-5-2 experiment

Firstly i'm playing football manager 2012 in the first season.

Lately i've been experimenting with the 3-5-2 formation which has the shape below

-------------------------------GK

-----------------CB-----------CB----------CB

--------RWB---------------------------------------LWB

------------------------CM-----------CM

-------------------------------AM

--------------------------ST----------ST

What I'm most curious to find out is the best roles and duties for the midfield three and the centre backs.I've currently been using two deep-lying playmakers in Barry(defend) and Huddlestone(support) and an advanced playmaker,Jadson.Its been only three matches where I've won twice(against relegation candidates) and lost one to Aston Villa.The centre backs who suffer from a severe case of ball watching are Hangeland,Jagielka and Shawcross who are all set to central defenders-defend.The strikers, Tevez and Remy(Revez) have gotten 7 goals and their partnership is flourishing so that area is no problem.The wingbacks,Maxi Periera and Riise have also been decent and aren't a worry yet.Other players include Dempsey,Dembele and Ruiz

Hey there. If you scroll down theres another 352 thread.

Myself I have been using a 352 for my last saves, one with Juventus, won the league first season, then decided to start with a less easy team. Now I'm playing in Blue Square Bet South division with Eastleigh, after 36 games I'm second so I'm pretty happy with the results.

My Juve team:

DC-x......DC-c........DC-x (this seems to work great, the outer stopper DC's help on the wings)

.........DLP-d................

DW-a.MC-a..AP-s...DW-s (I've heard a lot of people say defensive wingers on MR/ML work better than wingbacks which I can only agree with)

....TQ....CF-a..............

Eastleigh:

defense: same as juve.

.......DMC-d.............

Midfield same as Juve.

..DLP-s...TM-a.........

Simpler roles because the players aren't as good. If you wan't to use an AMC then slightly more defensive mc's are better, I would try defensive wingers though in stead of wingbacks.

Archived