Tips for a journeyman save anyone?

As the title suggests I'm going to take myself on a bit of an FM14 adventure & create a journeyman save game once it's released. I've managed in various different leagues across the globe before, but I've tended to stick to the bigger ones and haven't really jumped from country to country and I'm wondering if there's any advice anyone can offer that'd help me out and make the experience more enjoyable.

I want to keep the save fairly small and to around 30,000 players with a large database, based on FM13. I want my game to remain quick, this will not be my only save and I want a chance to be able to make some progress. I don't have an issue selecting which leagues I want to run initially, it's more a case of how to decide on which leagues I pick in the future... I want to work myself up to the bigger European leagues as my career advances. Also, is it better to add leagues as 'View Only' to begin with, or should I just add them as & when I want? If I do add leagues as 'View Only' can you see which jobs are available in those countries just in case you want to switch?

Other than that I can't really think of anything else I'm eager to know right now but, as I said, if anyone's got any suggestions or tips then feel feel to let me know.

I am not 100% whether view only shows jobs available in that country, I don't think it does but as said not positive. Depending on machine spec, I would either load every league you would consider managing in if comp is pretty good, if it's not the best, load 1 or 2 top leagues once you move to the 2nd league, add a 3rd, once you move to 3rd league, add a new one (at the same time remove the league you started the career in) etc etc

I would say follow your heart...say, you're managing a team, it gets boring, and you want to jump ship. Which country do you want to manage next in? Then load up the league of that country and see if there's opportunities available.

Does take a bit of forward planning though. You may want to load up your next destination early in your final season in your current club.

Archived