The Dangers of Capitalism Challenge

Has anyone managed to complete this one? I've completed all the others with relative ease, but this one is driving me nuts!!

I tried it first as Man Utd and wasn't doing too well in the league etc so was sacked early on. I've tried it as Chelsea ever since as they have a much bigger squad (and loads of talent out on loan that I can recall when the chairman sells all the top players). I went on the offensive first and railed against the chairman's decisions to sell players, sell the training ground etc, but he just got fed up of my insolence and sacked me. Then I tried it the other way, supporting his every decision. The fans weren't happy at all with me, but after a very successful season (league, World Club and CL), I still got sacked at the end of the season because the new chairman wanted to break all ties with the previous regime.

Anyone got any hints on what to do?

• SI Staff

Its one of the hardest challenges - part of the problem is you're between a rock and a hard-place, if you pander to the chairman then the fans will be upset and the new chairman will let you go because of that when he moves in - if you pander purely to the fans then the current chairman will feel you're undermining him and let you go.

You have to try and walk a mid-ground, make your protests against the chairman known - but pick your fights wisely and back off before he decides you're too much trouble to keep around.

• SI Staff
Thanks Mark, will give it another bash tonight. Accept decision when he wants me not to cause a fuss, and protest privately if i think it's a biggy!

Don't forget once of twice if its a BIG thing then consider making a stand so the fans can see you're not just doing what you're told ... but obviously judge that against how annoyed the chairman is with you.

Marc, are there any plans to merge the challenges into the full game, in order to keep things interesting?

What I mean is that some of these things should just happen sometimes, as they do in real life. I've had my club taken over by billionaires before, shouldn't bad things also "just happen" sometimes?

It seems like the challenges mode is a good way of testing a new feature/storyline.

Marc, are there any plans to merge the challenges into the full game, in order to keep things interesting?

What I mean is that some of these things should just happen sometimes, as they do in real life. I've had my club taken over by billionaires before, shouldn't bad things also "just happen" sometimes?

It seems like the challenges mode is a good way of testing a new feature/storyline.

Perhaps have these 'random' events/challenges with a toggle, like the unlockables?

• SI Staff

Its something I've been considering long-term, basically the idea I'm mulling over is having loads of different 'challenges' but as 'states' for the normal game, so you play and the game monitors whats happening and sporadically you might encounter say an 'injury crisis' and so the injury crisis challenge media etc. would engage and play through ....

If I did that then its likely I'd allow users to 'trigger' them from within the game itself in the same way SimCity users can inflict disasters on their cities etc.

(but no promises at all in this regard as to timeline etc. - there are only 3 of us working on FMH, so we have to do things a few steps at a time)

Archived