FM14: Fulham - Jacko's Gone But We Can Still Thrill

Casanova

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it all went a bit sad :(

Lucas Romero unhappy and rejecting contract talks, sold for £20m to Man City.

Insua unhappy at revoking the captains armband, sold for £7m.

Ola John unhappy I rejected a bid from Liverpool, eventually sold to them for £8m.

John Guidetti sold.

Maarten Stekelenberg sold.

Brede Hangeland released.

Missed out on Jores Okore, got Strandberg though.

Also bought in Jonjo Shelvey, Lucas Evangelista, Lucas Digne (loan), Eric Dier, Constantin Nica, and Ben Foster as cheap GK backup.

Other gaps will be plugged by Fulham youngsters Plumain, Roberts, Woodrow (Championship top goalscorer whilst on loan last season) and Dembele.

Foster (until Brazilian newgen returns from loan in Dec).

Nica

Garay/Burn

Strandberg

Digne

Ademi

Wolf Eikrem

Shelvey

Allione

Driussi (newgen)

Plumain

feeling a crap season now that i've changed too much, but hoping that one of the Fulham youngsters i've brought through will shine.

it all went a bit sad :(

Lucas Romero unhappy and rejecting contract talks, sold for £20m to Man City.

Insua unhappy at revoking the captains armband, sold for £7m.

Ola John unhappy I rejected a bid from Liverpool, eventually sold to them for £8m.

John Guidetti sold.

Maarten Stekelenberg sold.

Brede Hangeland released.

Missed out on Jores Okore, got Strandberg though.

Also bought in Jonjo Shelvey, Lucas Evangelista, Lucas Digne (loan), Eric Dier, Constantin Nica, and Ben Foster as cheap GK backup.

Other gaps will be plugged by Fulham youngsters Plumain, Roberts, Woodrow (Championship top goalscorer whilst on loan last season) and Dembele.

Foster (until Brazilian newgen returns from loan in Dec).

Nica

Garay/Burn

Strandberg

Digne

Ademi

Wolf Eikrem

Shelvey

Allione

Driussi (newgen)

Plumain

feeling a crap season now that i've changed too much, but hoping that one of the Fulham youngsters i've brought through will shine.

Tough times elgreenio! Hopefully you can get some tasty free transfers or something in.

May be someone knows. What is the real age of chief scout Ellias? Founded his pictures in internet then i very doubt that he`s 47 y.o.

I have no idea sorry Vladis.

I just got an excellent regen through Fulham's youth system, hopefully will be a world beater!

7MtIEjh.jpg

my game died :(.

Luckily the last save was back in May so I basically replayed the summer transfer window :D.

This time around I managed to get £30m for Romero from PSG to add to my warchest and i've changed a fair few of the staff as well as the tactics (going to try 4-DM-DM-AML-AMC-AMR-FC).

Signings in : Rulli (ARG GK), Nica (ROM RB), Okore, some Peruvian CB from Torino, a South African DM from Ajax and a few newgen youngsters. Probably missing somebody obvious who I spent a load on but can't remember.

Should crack on with it tonight and give an actual update, hoping to god that the full back game issues don't hit me this season and I can get a top 10 finish for once.

my game died :(.

Luckily the last save was back in May so I basically replayed the summer transfer window :D.

This time around I managed to get £30m for Romero from PSG to add to my warchest and i've changed a fair few of the staff as well as the tactics (going to try 4-DM-DM-AML-AMC-AMR-FC).

Signings in : Rulli (ARG GK), Nica (ROM RB), Okore, some Peruvian CB from Torino, a South African DM from Ajax and a few newgen youngsters. Probably missing somebody obvious who I spent a load on but can't remember.

Should crack on with it tonight and give an actual update, hoping to god that the full back game issues don't hit me this season and I can get a top 10 finish for once.

Ah well that worked out a lot better for you!! Keep us upto date

On FM2014 I only play as Fulham.

I always sell: Riise (don't accept Everton's bid as it always falls through), Stockdale, Rodallega, Briggs and Senderos.

I always get rid of: the whole youth staff including Jennings. I then hire Phil Cannon as head of youth development and their under 18 manager. Also the first team staff also get sacked (apart from Symons and Bettinili).

I promote Kasami and Woodrow to the senior squad. Promote Dembele to the under 21's and loan him.

Haven't played a meaningful game yet as I'm still reading up on tactics but looking forward to it.

On FM2014 I only play as Fulham.

I always sell: Riise (don't accept Everton's bid as it always falls through), Stockdale, Rodallega, Briggs and Senderos.

I always get rid of: the whole youth staff including Jennings. I then hire Phil Cannon as head of youth development and their under 18 manager. Also the first team staff also get sacked (apart from Symons and Bettinili).

I promote Kasami and Woodrow to the senior squad. Promote Dembele to the under 21's and loan him.

Haven't played a meaningful game yet as I'm still reading up on tactics but looking forward to it.

Good idea with the staff, I always sign Phil Cannon too, he's brilliant.

I found Rodallega useful in my first season but if you can get good money for him then sell.

Made the champions league again after finishing 4th:

jrgPMh7.png

Got £25m budget so signed:

Zi94lA0.png

Smagin and Vadim are regens who look very promising, should become regulars in a few seasons and I couldn't turn down Sciglio and Papadop for £3m.

I've started an online save with a friend, he's taken over West Ham and I have landed at Craven Cottage.

We haven't advanced very far, I've set up two tactics - a pressing 4-2-4 & a 3-1-4-2 that needs some more work. I've asked for scout reports on John Souttar of Dundee United, my only real move is offering Sidwell out and hopefully using the funds to bring in Will Hughes.

I feel ill struggle right off the bat cause I'm struggling tactically in this FM but we're in this for the long haul. Mon you cottagers!

Hoarau,

I personally don't think Fulham don't have the squad (too old and slow) to play a pressing 4-2-4. Just wondering how you are going about incorporating this?

Ha! Very slowly.. Ill set up how I'd like them to play and leave the squad to get familiar with it, perhaps try it out in games in the cups, I understand what your saying but ill slowy(key word) be trying to bring in the type of player to suite my preferred style eventually. Just setting it up last night it seemeda DMC 3-1-2-2-2 & an AMC 3-2-2-1-2(ill try and get pics up tonight to show this clearer) seemed to suit the players we have & those availible to come in.

**Edit**

Did you guys keep Taarabt & Bent for the season or did you cancel the loans?

First window I always strengthen at left back.

Bryaan Angulo from Granada for 700k is a good one. Any other cheap recommendations?

Read my first post, at the bottom shows transfers I made 1st window. The left back I signed was very reliable for 2 seasons and able backup for 3rd and he is very cheap

We finally got started and have played a couple of league games, i want to eventually go 3 at the back but the squad is quite thin in terms of quality. Struggling to get a set tactic. Enjoying the feeling of the club though, this is a long term save for me and my mate so hoping to take Fulham onwards and upwards.

8ogr.jpg

Just had an great victory over Liverpool, 1-0 Berbatov.

• 2 weeks later...

Fulham look like a great project... an aging team with saleable talents and a great youth team.. perfect!

Have to say, I've slightly upgraded noe baba and patrick roberts potentials as they look great irl. (was part of a database edit a while back upgrading and downgrading a few players here and there for the english leagues)

Will update soon.

I finally won the Champions League in my 5th season, was a rather anti-climax vs a brilliant Klopp Man Utd side. Scored in first 10 minutes and Fellani was sent off by 20 minutes. Won 2-0 easily.

Out of interest, has anybody had Cavern Cottage redeveloped and the capacity increased at any point?

I have a brand new 55000 seater stadium to be build for the summer of 2021. Retractable roof and everything, can't wait. I'm a Legend at the club after my CL win, hopefully they might let me name it! ;)

Starting a Fulham save as we speak. Literally only played 5 minutes of it but will be setting up with a 5-2-1-2 formation i think.

Will keep updating with how i'm going/who i sign. :D

Goodluck, keep us up to date ;)

I finally won the Champions League in my 5th season, was a rather anti-climax vs a brilliant Klopp Man Utd side. Scored in first 10 minutes and Fellani was sent off by 20 minutes. Won 2-0 easily.

I have a brand new 55000 seater stadium to be build for the summer of 2021. Retractable roof and everything, can't wait. I'm a Legend at the club after my CL win, hopefully they might let me name it! ;)

Very nice! However prior to this you never had the capacity of the Cottage increased?

Goodluck, keep us up to date ;)

Thanks, i might need it, my last few FM14 saves have ended up in trainwrecks! I'm not the quickest FM player either but i'll try my best.

Snuck 15 minutes in last night once i had started the save. Just enough time to beat Monaco 3-1 and sign Honda :D. Might spend a good bit of time in the pre season building the team and tinkering with formations.

Ok so pre-season is done. Pretty good results wise apart from a disappointing final game v Osasuna.

- AS Monaco - 3-1 win

- Altrincham - 4-2 win

- Crawley Town - 2-0 win

- Burton Albion - 2-0 win

- Napoli - 0-0 draw

- Osasuna - 2-0 defeat

Players out:

- Steve Sidwell - 1.6mill to Southampton

- Damien Duff - 375k to Cardiff

And then a lot of youth players heading out on loan.

Players in:

- Keisuke Honda - 1.6mill

- Frickson Erazo - 325k

- Richairo Zivkovic - 575k

Chuffed to get Zivkovic, guy has a big future and i bid very late in the action, by the time i got involved AC Milan, PSG, United, City and Real Madrid had bids in.

Transfer window is still open but can't see myself doing too much more business, although players might still leave if the right bids come in. Roll on game 1, home vs Cardiff.

Not going to be able to jump on for a bit now so thought i would give a quick update about the start to the season.

Drew 2-2 (Berbatov x2) with Cardiff opening day of season, bit disappointing as i was 2-0 up and cruising 65 minutes in.

This was followed up by a poor 4-1 (Bent) defeat away to Swansea. Not excuses, just didn't turn up.

Played Sheff Wed in the Capital One Cup and won 6-5 on pens after a 1-1 (Bent) draw. Lucky result, poor performance again.

Followed this up with a big 2-0 (Parker, Bent) win at home v Aston Villa.

Then came Arsenal away. Yeah, the least said about that the better. Awful performance.

This was followed up by a tricky trip to Carrow Road. Norwich dominated most of the game but the defence held firm and a Bryan Ruiz screamer in the 47th minute gave me a big 1-0 away win.

Next up came Liverpool away in the Capital One Cup. Didn't expect much but came away with a really good 1-0 away win (Bent). Again, Liverpool saw most of the game but the defence were solid.

Liverpool in the league followed straight at home. Probably my best result so far. Honda got sent off in the 63rd minute, with the score 0-0, for a vicious 2 footed tackle, meaning i had to sacrifice Bent and leave Berbatov up top on his own. But the boys rallied so well and a 72nd minute goal from Berba gave us a big 1-0 win.

So yeah, Swansea and Arsenal away aside, pretty solid start to the season. :D

Yeah i'm keen to try and make Craven Cottage a fortress! Turns out i had a chance to fit a few more games in last night so i'll fire a quick update of them here too.

Sunderland (A) - 1-1, Bent scored for me and i should have put the game to bed really, Sunderland equalised 92nd minute.

Man City (H) - 3-1 win. Cracking result, Berbatov got 2 and Taarabt got one. We bossed the game too, really rewarding match that.

West Ham (H) - 0-0, poor match.

Brighton (A) - 0-0, won 6-5 on penalties. Not sure what it is about the League Cup but we love making it more difficult than it should be, second successive round we've needed penalties to beat lower leagued opposition.

Stoke (A) - 0-0, could have gone either way, fair point.

Crystal Palace (A) - 1-1. Another draw but at least we ended the goal drought. Berbatov grabbing a late equalised in a game we weren't particularly good in.

Hull (H) - 3-1 win. Bent, Amorebieta and Berbatov netted in a game we dominated from start to finish to get us back on winning ways in the league.

So, few too many draws in there but that is 10 games unbeaten now. Berbatov has been on fire, bagging 8 goals in 12 games. Honda has been a midfield maestro and i've got to thank all you guys for saying about Frickson Erazo. Guy is nothing short on a bargain. Been fantastic for me, absolute rock at the back.

Erazo is a bargin, outstanding eh? You look to be doing excellent! Maybe a lot of draws but I would of killed for draws away from home in my first season!

But how far have I come? I just won every trophy in the 19/20 season. However its time to blood the youth and sell the older players so this season could be difficult for me!

Erazo is one of my best buys to date on FM 14. Him, Hangeland and Amorebieta are forming a very strong partnership at the back, with Riise and Riether playing quite well as complete wing backs, although these are positions i may look to strengthen (especially on the left). Only problem is the lack of discipline, i've had Amorebeita, Riether, Parker and Riise all miss a game due to 5 yellow cards in the League already, and Amorebieta isn't stopping there, he's up to 7 on the season! He literally seems to get booked every game. :lol:

Can make it 11 unbeaten now too, while my girlfriend was getting ready for bed last night, i snuck in another game (Football Manager any place any time :lol:) and grabbed another away point, a 0-0 at West Brom that again probably could have gone either way.

January will be an important month, will be looking hard to bag some players who contracts are expiring, and hopefully i can shift Rodallega and/or Kačaniklić to get some funds in.

Good luck on the new season. Blooding the youth can be painful in the short term but oh so sweet in the long term!

Man oh man. December was a brutally hard month. It begin with a win and ended with a win but didn't have any in between. A combination of a rock solid fixture list, games coming thick and fast and injuries to key players made December a tense and stressful month!

SPURS (H) 2-1 - A from behind win started the month of well, Honda and Taarabt with the goals in a game i bossed.

EVERTON (A) - A 0-0 draw which i was chuffed with, high flying Everton tried hard to break us down but couldn't get through the solid back line.

CHELSEA (H) 0-1 - Well the unbeaten run ended at 13. A late Torres goal game Chelsea all 3 points in a game i actually felt we at LEAST deserved a point from, if not 3! Sod's law after grabbing results in games i got bossed in myself.

MAN UTD (H) 2-3 - Capital One Cup run ended in the quarters. Lost 3-2 after being 2-1 up, 2 late goals from Van Persie sinking the ship. Parker and Bent grabbing our goals. To make things worse, Honda got injured this game, out for 2 months.

MAN UTD (H) 1-1 - United might as well have stayed in London as i met them just 4 days later in the league. Game ended 1-1 and United ended the game with 9 men. Bent netted for us but Berbatov was taken off injured. 2nd 2 month injury in 2 games. Disaster.

NEWCASTLE (A) 1-1 - Another away point. Rodallega scored for us in his first game standing in for Berbatov. Stekelenburg got 9.4, kept us that point with some brilliant saves.

SOUTHAMPTON (A) 0-3 - No arguments, they just outplayed us. Had no answer and got thoroughly beat.

CARDIFF (A) 2-0 - A big away win to end a tricky month. Bent and Rodallega netting the goals.

Looking back i did pretty well considering everything. Tricky games and the injuries to Berba and Honda came at such a bad time. But still, we find ourselves 8th coming into January which i'm happy with.

I've drifted 2 days into January and i've made two signings. One i'm very happy with and one is a gamble.

The one i'm very happy with is Matej Vydra, who will join on a bosman at the end of the season. Chuffed, he was my main bosman target. Will swap straight in for Bent when he returns to Villa at the end of the season and i've got a couple of mates in long term saves who say he becomes a very tidy little striker.

The gamble is Frederic Kanoute. He was offered as a free agent so i took a look. GREAT stats, wasn't asking for insane wages and i've still got Berba out for a month. I really like the tall man short(ish) man combo that Berba and Bent were doing (and doing well) and i'm hoping Kanoute can be that big target man Bent can play off of. Plus, despite his two goals in December, i don't think Rodallega is good enough to be leading my front line. So yeah, it's a gamble, will be interesting to see how it pays off.

Got my eye on a couple of other bosman's but some of the wage demands are just unreal.

Man oh man. December was a brutally hard month. It begin with a win and ended with a win but didn't have any in between. A combination of a rock solid fixture list, games coming thick and fast and injuries to key players made December a tense and stressful month!

SPURS (H) 2-1 - A from behind win started the month of well, Honda and Taarabt with the goals in a game i bossed.

EVERTON (A) - A 0-0 draw which i was chuffed with, high flying Everton tried hard to break us down but couldn't get through the solid back line.

CHELSEA (H) 0-1 - Well the unbeaten run ended at 13. A late Torres goal game Chelsea all 3 points in a game i actually felt we at LEAST deserved a point from, if not 3! Sod's law after grabbing results in games i got bossed in myself.

MAN UTD (H) 2-3 - Capital One Cup run ended in the quarters. Lost 3-2 after being 2-1 up, 2 late goals from Van Persie sinking the ship. Parker and Bent grabbing our goals. To make things worse, Honda got injured this game, out for 2 months.

MAN UTD (H) 1-1 - United might as well have stayed in London as i met them just 4 days later in the league. Game ended 1-1 and United ended the game with 9 men. Bent netted for us but Berbatov was taken off injured. 2nd 2 month injury in 2 games. Disaster.

NEWCASTLE (A) 1-1 - Another away point. Rodallega scored for us in his first game standing in for Berbatov. Stekelenburg got 9.4, kept us that point with some brilliant saves.

SOUTHAMPTON (A) 0-3 - No arguments, they just outplayed us. Had no answer and got thoroughly beat.

CARDIFF (A) 2-0 - A big away win to end a tricky month. Bent and Rodallega netting the goals.

Looking back i did pretty well considering everything. Tricky games and the injuries to Berba and Honda came at such a bad time. But still, we find ourselves 8th coming into January which i'm happy with.

I've drifted 2 days into January and i've made two signings. One i'm very happy with and one is a gamble.

The one i'm very happy with is Matej Vydra, who will join on a bosman at the end of the season. Chuffed, he was my main bosman target. Will swap straight in for Bent when he returns to Villa at the end of the season and i've got a couple of mates in long term saves who say he becomes a very tidy little striker.

The gamble is Frederic Kanoute. He was offered as a free agent so i took a look. GREAT stats, wasn't asking for insane wages and i've still got Berba out for a month. I really like the tall man short(ish) man combo that Berba and Bent were doing (and doing well) and i'm hoping Kanoute can be that big target man Bent can play off of. Plus, despite his two goals in December, i don't think Rodallega is good enough to be leading my front line. So yeah, it's a gamble, will be interesting to see how it pays off.

Got my eye on a couple of other bosman's but some of the wage demands are just unreal.

Vydra does seem to turn into a tidy little striker, very least you should get a good profit from him.

Your season seems similar to my first season, you are doing really well! keep it up!

What a hit son!!

I'll do a full report later but it's basically all gone to pot since my last update. For no reason whatsoever the team have just fallen apart, can't score, can't defend and can't buy a win for love nor money. Kanoute gamble has massively backfired, he hasn't done ANYTHING let alone score a goal! Great stats, experienced but alas not good enough. Shame. About 10 games to go in the season and i'm 11th, but it could have been so much better and the fixture list has all the big boys left to play so only going to slip down. Can't figure out why it just went to pot. Like i said i'll do a full report with results later if i can grab 5 minutes.

EDIT: On a positive note however i did get a youth player come through who has 5* potential and "the potential to be a world class striker in the future" so that's one positive.

Right i finished the season last night. Finished 11th eventually. Played the last 8ish games on version 14.2 and did quite well, defence seemed a lot more sound. Don't have a full list of results since my last update because it's only on my laptop at home. Would be a pretty long list since my last update too anyway. Parker got fans player of the year, Stekelenburg got into the Premiership team of the year and Bent and Berba both scored a decent amount of goals, so much so that i half debated seeing if Villa will sell Bent on the cheap.

Only played a bit of the off season so far so hopefully more wheeling and dealing to be done before the new season, need to sit down and have a good look at it later to try and a get a few new players in. Senderos, Karagounis and Hughes all left on frees. I um'ed and ah'ed about offering Senderos a new deal and by the time i decided i would give him 1 season more he wouldn't even enter negotiations with me.

Promoting Dan Burn and Matthew Briggs to the senior squad for season 2 after they both had successful seasons out on loan. Briggs will be back up to Riise (i'm keeping him for now, had a tidy season 1) and Burn will be back up centre back. Burn especially came on really well in season 1 and will be a great young asset to us.

Vydra has joined after signing on a bosman in January. The only other signing i have made is Fabio Borini. Was listed for £2.5 mill, worth £4 million, i scouted and my scout basically came back saying sign him, sign him now! I've seen him get pretty good in other saves so there is at least a bit of profit to be made. Him and Vydra will battle it out to be the man who plays alongside Berba. Due to this i'll probably be releasing Kanoute tonight. I've kept him for now but he's basically 4th choice now and just did nothing last season. About 15 appearances, 0 goals. Real shame, he had fantastic stats and loved being able to slot in as Target Man up top but just didn't offer anything.

Will be taking the off season quite slow to try and maximise the amount of players i can get in. Looking for defensive and midfield reinforcements mainly.

Urghhhhh came SO close to signing Fernando Gago for £2 mill last night. Him and Honda would have been my midfield for a good few seasons and would have been fantastic. I offered him 43k a week rising to 58k after 15 games (yeah i wanted him bad :lol:) but he choose Roma instead, who only gave him 23k a week. Good to see some players aren't all about the money i spose.

Signed Gareth Barry on a free. Needed midfield cover, he wasn't going over the top with wage demands and he will be solid for a season or two. Sold a few players and have a bit of money to play with so will be hopefully recruiting at least one more player tonight.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of posts, had a hectic festive period, all back to normal now.

McMuffin19 if you read up to the first few posts you can see what I did, I highly recommend signing Erazo, he is THE bargin of FM14 imo.

I signed Romeu from Chelsea for 37k in the 1st January transfer window, he is an amazing defender when set as a Stopper. Arsenal paid me 30 million for his services the following summer.

I've just won the league & champions league both for the 3rd year in a row, however big changes this season. Wilshere, Ward-Prowse, Balatana, Marquinhos & Oliver have all been sold while I could still get some money for them, they were all aged 28-31. So its time to give the youth players who have 4-5 star potential a starting spot, i'll be happy with top 4 & hopefully a domestic cup considering the oldest person in my squad outside of my sub goalie is 26.

• 2 weeks later...

I am nearing the end of my first season with Fulham (28PL games in) been tricky, lots of injures/suspensions sitting in 14th.

Will post more details on it, but players that have really under performed for me have been:

Riise

Boateng - consistently getting around 6.2

Zverotic - same as Boateng both bit part squad players that dont perform when they come in

Berbatov - If he becomes unhappy its impossible to shift his mood, scored in a 1-0 I thought he was back on track, then injured 3weeks

Bent - streaky player is in real life but cant rely on him, especially when I like one up top, he lacks the abilty to make the ball stick

Taarabt - lot of assists but too inconsistent and doesnt work hard enough when you go 1-0 down

Kacinicilic - No goals yet this season, playing as an IF, says it all, im 28 games in by the way

Defence has been pretty rock solid because we are joint lowest scorers in the league but the defensive record has been fantastic, Hangeland and Amrobeita (cant spell) have been great, Reither is pretty solid aswell, Riise is quite good going forward but makes a lot of individual errors.

I signed Honda and Diame and they have both been solid and consistent, Sidwell and Parker have been useful for experience and work rate.

Rodagella has been okay, scored 6 and my top scorer, which I know is poor but goals from midfield have helped me out, especially from Kasami who was on fire until he got injured which coincided with a dip in form, his form triggered a bid from Juventus of £7m in January but I didnt think I would stay up without him so rejected and improved his contract. Dejagah has been pretty consistent aswell, although will definitely look for a better option in the summer.

Key players - should start as the basis of your squad

Stekelenberg

Hangeland

Amorbeita

Riether

Parker/Sidwell

Kasami

I sold Ruiz by the way to Everton and I feel vindicated because he has been poor for them.

Well thats some advice of what I have experienced, good luck with the save keep us updated!

I am nearing the end of my first season with Fulham (28PL games in) been tricky, lots of injures/suspensions sitting in 14th.

Will post more details on it, but players that have really under performed for me have been:

Riise

Boateng - consistently getting around 6.2

Zverotic - same as Boateng both bit part squad players that dont perform when they come in

Berbatov - If he becomes unhappy its impossible to shift his mood, scored in a 1-0 I thought he was back on track, then injured 3weeks

Bent - streaky player is in real life but cant rely on him, especially when I like one up top, he lacks the abilty to make the ball stick

Taarabt - lot of assists but too inconsistent and doesnt work hard enough when you go 1-0 down

Kacinicilic - No goals yet this season, playing as an IF, says it all, im 28 games in by the way

Defence has been pretty rock solid because we are joint lowest scorers in the league but the defensive record has been fantastic, Hangeland and Amrobeita (cant spell) have been great, Reither is pretty solid aswell, Riise is quite good going forward but makes a lot of individual errors.

I signed Honda and Diame and they have both been solid and consistent, Sidwell and Parker have been useful for experience and work rate.

Rodagella has been okay, scored 6 and my top scorer, which I know is poor but goals from midfield have helped me out, especially from Kasami who was on fire until he got injured which coincided with a dip in form, his form triggered a bid from Juventus of £7m in January but I didnt think I would stay up without him so rejected and improved his contract. Dejagah has been pretty consistent aswell, although will definitely look for a better option in the summer.

Key players - should start as the basis of your squad

Stekelenberg

Hangeland

Amorbeita

Riether

Parker/Sidwell

Kasami

I sold Ruiz by the way to Everton and I feel vindicated because he has been poor for them.

Well thats some advice of what I have experienced, good luck with the save keep us updated!

Not a terrible season to be fair, the first season is very difficult, 2nd and 3rd you should be able to make some progress. Took me roughly 4 seasons to win my first trophy.

In my save I'm just after Xmas and I'm top of the league by a good gap because Chelsea and Man Utd keep dropping silly points.

Out both domestic cups.

In the Champions League I've got an easy draw in the last 16 and a lot of big clubs have been put out so I'm really expecting a double now.

Archived