FM14: Manchester United FC Thread - Dawn of a New Evra!

batty1

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in 2017 and Januzaj is an absolute beast! Playing him at AMR, 2015/16 season he played 20 (6) games, scored 5 and assisted 4, average rating of 6.96. 201617 he played 40(7) games, scored 13 and assisted 21, average rating of 7.19. This season so far he's played 18(1) games, scored 10 goals and assisted 9, average rating of 7.39.

His stats are great as well.

Haha why? Is it normally very ambitious? Meaning he always wants to leave?

Meaning that and he always gets a poor Determination attribute and he doesn't want to be tutored. :thdn: Very ambitious does help him develop, though Professional helps him more.

Did any of you guys get a decent transfer budget after the first season? I didn't spend a lot in the first season and my balance went to +-€170m in the summer, but for some reason the board only gave me a laughable transfer budget of 10.5m... If I set a target to win the title in stead of just challenge, it goes from 10.5m to 11.5m. After playing with the wage budget I could get it to +-35m, but that's still pretty pitiful and doesn't leave me any room on my wage budget anyway. And my wages are several 100k per week lower than at the start of the game. In other words: I'm screwed. I made some money from selling Smalling and Cleverley but I really need some quality in and I just don't have the funds, despite having millions in the bank. And I can't ask the board because I already requested it during the January window, when they were so kind to increase my budget by a whopping 500k. Feels like I managing a relegation candidate.

Did you do any deals in the first season that had it spread over x-months? If so that would already be taken off your budget. I think I had 40m odd budget but i didnt really enter the market in first year.

Adnan looks great there, but with all this talk I am leaving my dinner in the oven longer to load up the game and check out my version. He is great for me on the left wing :D

I post screenshots of my Januzaj when I get home, but he has the personality of resolute for me. 26played, 10goals, 12assists as of current season in Feb 2017 but he injured for a couple of weeks :(

On my version, I got much better physical stats than harry.. most noticable is the 17 in natural fitness :D

295bqc9.jpg

Must win game to leap frog City and go top of the league and this happens, cant believe they only got one yellow card (even though I fouled more they seriously injured 3 of my players), RVP got his injury as soon as I made all my three subs and then Aguero scores when I have ten bloody men and then Januzaj tops it off and gets injured aswell.

295bqc9.jpg

Must win game to leap frog City and go top of the league and this happens, cant believe they only got one yellow card (even though I fouled more they seriously injured 3 of my players), RVP got his injury as soon as I made all my three subs and then Aguero scores when I have ten bloody men and then Januzaj tops it off and gets injured aswell.

Thats harsh mate, talking of City though:

ac761d42dff5c5cea71e495a44351d29.png

and Zabaleta was unsure as what to do while Shaw was turning him and Navas inside out! While Chicharito tore Demichelis a new one

0dd70dbd6667408549a34bd4011c2f71.png

Thats the lowest rating I've seen in ages :cool:

You can't recall players with a loan fee. Or without loan fee if they don't have the ''Recall from loan'' clause. No-one will pay you to loan your player, just for you to call him back and keep the money. :D

I know about not being able to recall players with a loan fee but all my loan offers have recall on loan option set in the offers (I did that in the team options or Preferences page) but cannot recall anyone . Is it a bug or maybe I overlooked the clause ??

Finished my 3rd season in a quite domminant fashion, 99 pts and stayed unbeaten in the league and won the champions league for the 3rd straight season, did lose in both cups though mainly the FA cup loss was quite bad (5-1 after overtime to city after Powell got send off in the 90th minute).

After my 3rd season I needed to make a lot of changes though. Rooney wouldn't resigh for less then 300k wich I won't give him so sold him for 24 mil, Vidic was sold to everton, Valencia wanted more money then he was worth as well and since I already had replacements for his position I sold him too. Got 2 under 21 defenders that could replace Vidic as a backup for now so didn't have to bring in anyone to replace him luckily. Did bring in another striker though, Morata wich I got for about 15 mil.

Also decided to bring in Shaw wich was somewhat expensive but still after those 2 transfers I had about 70 mil budget left so just signed one of my favourite young midfielders, Draxler. Payed around 48 mil for him wich is so far my most expensive transfer since I've usually been able to get my important players for about 20mil or so tops. Rest of my budget went up on young players, signed a four young under 21's with world class potential (2 of them are currently good enough to serve as backups in the 1st team while the 2 15 year olds I signed still need to develop)

Also keep getting spammed with transfer offers by tottenham for some reason -_-, first for Phil Jones, then for Balanta and once I rejected those for Doria.

Kind of curious but what has everyone's most expensive transfer been so far?

Thats harsh mate, talking of City though:

ac761d42dff5c5cea71e495a44351d29.png

and Zabaleta was unsure as what to do while Shaw was turning him and Navas inside out! While Chicharito tore Demichelis a new one

0dd70dbd6667408549a34bd4011c2f71.png

Thats the lowest rating I've seen in ages :cool:

Niiiiice! :cool:

I know about not being able to recall players with a loan fee but all my loan offers have recall on loan option set in the offers (I did that in the team options or Preferences page) but cannot recall anyone . Is it a bug or maybe I overlooked the clause ??

Click on the player, click on Transfer tab and there it should be the option to recall if there is one. Dunno what else. : D

i read somewhere you can recall only when transfer window is open

Doria for £6m, but to be fair I'm only in oct of my secound season so have not had much time to make big offers just yet (even if I did try to buy Neuer for £80m towards the end of my first season, but Bayern was not so keen)

haha, 3 matches to go. 2016/17 season... Liverpool are down in 18th. It so tight that anyone from 13th down to 20th could be relegated :o

Of them 3 games, Liverpool play leeds whom are 19th, 2 pts behind them and southampton who are 5pts ahead of them

edit:

oh yus! They down to 19th after Leeds beat them 0-1 at Anfield leaving them 3pts from safety.

Splashed out something between 35m-37m to get Dembele at the start of season three away from Spurs after he was there best player in there treble winning season

Pogba £33M :cool:
I'm toying with the idea of getting him now at the start of season 4, 41m my scouts are telling me and had a scout watch him play every game this season and hes 5 star CA and an absolute beast. I'd have to get rid of Fellani though as I cant accomodate them both.

Better late then never.. This is my Januzaj and I assume the finish article. Just gave him a massive pay rise but he locked to me until 2023 with the 2year extension in the contract.

qwfb.png

ftj4.png

And other good news.... Liverpool have got demoted and all their first team wants to leave now. lol

edit:

May do another Januzaj post later on as I got saved games from Game start, end of season 1, end of season 2, end of season 3 and end of season 4. Good way to look over his development across the years :D

Just wrapped up the first season treble. 3-1 comeback win against Dortmund in the EC final(the germans again!), 3-0 against Newcastle in the FA Cup and a close fought 81 points to win in the league.

We were lucky in parts. Other than Arsenal in the 3rd round, our FA Cup games were relatively easy, and our first two knockout ties in Europe were Basel and Porto, before meeting Arsenal again in the semis. As for the league we spent the vast majority of it chasing after Chelsea until they slipped up in May, allowing us to win the league before our final two games against Liverpool and Arsenal.

In past games I've usually been a bit underwhelmed at winning it all in season 1, but with the amount of young players in the squad at the moment, I'm looking forward to seeing if the team can develop into one capable of winning without such serendipity. We had a lot of struggles away from home, probably due to the emphasis on attacking football throughout my tactics. In the coming season I might shift towards the counter/control tactics I'm more used to to get more balance.

Some of the young players have been incredible. Zaha is rated as a leading player after the first season - its unfortunate we had to miss him in the last two months through injury. Phil Jones could either be the best centre back in the world or the best box-to-box midfielder in the world given a season in a set role. Kagawa is rated above practically every other AMC in the world by my scouts, even Ozil. I haven't yet had a lot to shout about with Januzaj though - a couple of good performances, but nothing major. The fact that he has 8/9 for natural fitness/stamina is a worry.

89CFA5BAC9234F096E971C57DAA88CE89218029E

world club cup won, rested a fair few players.

Werner got top scorer with 2

Most assists Tony V with 2

and best player, Marcovic lol

had to rest key players as I had Arsenal up next.

4F448E5AFC2BAE01E4329E82E3A788AC305645DB

Rooney scored a very nice chip for the 4th, got Newcastle next.

FE668018F38DB8870BA1F229B88C530B4AA3E63C

my Januzaj, got 2 assists in the Arsenal game.

for some reason Arsene Wenger called my achievments fluke, won 4-0... nope that was luck *facepalm*

Please guys use imgur.com for uploading SS'. It's the best web site for me. When I click to zoom pics in other hosting sites it ask me to sign in. :( Pics are too small without zooming. :( Or if you don't want to use imgur.com you can use Steam.

Only other way would be to play three at the back like I plan to.

--------- De Gea --------

-- Evans -- Rio -- Vidic --

Rafael -------------- Evra

---- Carrick --- Fellaini ---

-------- Kagawa --------

---- Rooney ---- RVP ----

Keep changing the roles like, never quite sure what to go with.

He has a thing about wanting a new challenge but generally manage to talk him around one way or another.. sometimes it can take quite some time to do so though... which is why i regularly try to renegotiate contracts with a couple years left and put in extension clauses so i got time to sell if i want....

Fabio, i try to remember to use a different site but used imageshack for years with no issue so it kinda habit. lol

Here we go Fabio - a test of steam posting just for you! These are the 5 young central midfielders that make the core of my 2 teams used in various competitions. I haven't decided which are grouping together for which competition. The 5th unselected guy (Extebarria I think it be), will be placed on sub bench for most games I think.

FD3BCA955729206B8A38594E55107FB7E64D9E49

1C2106A3B67C89CEDAEF0AD25A2B1B5AA2BBC518

62472F89C89DBBC57A96EBB3B857281A04FB204C

049C4F6ECA179DC90C73B4A2E25540711F5ECC49

EA69979718C105A51FF6C3917F14681DF9A3D6E9

Only issue is I may have no choice but to let some older players go at the end of this season. Will keep them for tutoring one more year I think but there too many old players now with Carrick, Kagawa, Honda, Herrera and now also Mkhitaryan.

Couple them can cover the wings too but still is too many players that are getting whiny

Archived