Match Preparation - Teamwork vs Team Cohesion

When performing Match Preparation it's not clear what the difference is between team cohesion in "general training" and teamwork in "match training".

I'm assuming they affect things like morale and team blend (from the assistant report), but which is better at improving those things and do they effect different things differently?

I get the impression that general training is more about attribute development and match training is more short term, does that mean that "teamwork" gives you a short term boost for that week where as "team cohesion" gives you a more long term boost? If that's true then I guess teamwork would give quicker results than team cohesion, but that's complete speculation.

Team Cohesion helps new players settle in faster and is more used for new players at the club. Teamwork helps them learn an understanding on the pitch, so they become familiar with what everyone does, the tactics you use etc.

Think of it like this;

Team cohesion is more about stuff off the pitch.

Teamwork is about the stuff on the pitch.

Team cohesion is different from the other general options because it doesn't have anything to do with attributes. It's more settling in, morale etc.

Cheers for the explanation.

I assume team cohesion still effects things on the pitch though. e.g. when the assistant says players are struggling to blend with the squad or morale, since morale has an effect on performance and cohesion effects morale?

Also, will teamwork have an effect on tactical familiarity? If so it is more or less than def positioning/att movement and tactics only? I've always assumed tactics only helped with familiarity more than those two, but what about teamwork?

Cheers for the explanation.

I assume team cohesion still effects things on the pitch though. e.g. when the assistant says players are struggling to blend with the squad or morale, since morale has an effect on performance and cohesion effects morale?

Also, will teamwork have an effect on tactical familiarity? If so it is more or less than def positioning/att movement and tactics only? I've always assumed tactics only helped with familiarity more than those two, but what about teamwork?

Tactics is what helps with tactical familiarity and not teamwork :)

The other match training options all give a very slightly boost for whatever they say for the next game only. So if you choose att movement then they'd have a slight boost for the next game.

Cheers, that's what I thought although I always assumed any match preparation would boost familiarity a bit e.g. att movement with 100% match training would help familiarity more than att movement 50% match training.

No mate just the tactics bit :)

Archived