FM14: Celtic FC - For it's a Grand old Team

Sean1967

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The strikers are terrible, I'd sell the lot if I was you!

they will be gone in the summer with a lot of other players

Very few "must keep" players in this years game

So far the only players that have impressed me are Virgil and Commons and the system changed when Commons were injured for 4 months, so we have to see how he playes when he comes back from injury

Brown and Lustig have done fairly good and Matthews has just started to play fairly decent, think that the rest of the players are "in danger" of being sold on - so I can bring in a better group of players

---

Were 2nd in the CL group stage until the last game of the group, where I lost away to Man U while Juventus beat Ajax 2-0 in Italy - Would have been nice if Ajax could have stolen one point so I could have progressed, but still 3rd isn't that bad when you see at the quality of my team - so Euro League after Xmas

Got rid of Stokes, Kayal, Bangura and Pukki in the first January transfer window. Brought in a few players in their early/mid 20's hoping they'll be ready for the Champions League by the end of the season.

I have a few potential sales in the summer just depending how it goes. Zaluzka is off, Davies, Boeriggter and Balde might be off too. Thinking about loaning Rogic out too.

XWTJwGL.png

This lad looks to be quite a catch. Bagged 5 goals in 8 so far, most coming from the bench.

WnObd7i.png

Vydra will join on a Bosman from Udinese in the summer - 10 goals in 17 EPL matches for WBA this season while on loan there which makes him the 4th highest EPL scorer so far - so hopefully he will produce - not sure if I should play him as a striker or winger when he joins though

they will be gone in the summer with a lot of other players

Very few "must keep" players in this years game

So far the only players that have impressed me are Virgil and Commons and the system changed when Commons were injured for 4 months, so we have to see how he playes when he comes back from injury

Brown and Lustig have done fairly good and Matthews has just started to play fairly decent, think that the rest of the players are "in danger" of being sold on - so I can bring in a better group of players

---

Were 2nd in the CL group stage until the last game of the group, where I lost away to Man U while Juventus beat Ajax 2-0 in Italy - Would have been nice if Ajax could have stolen one point so I could have progressed, but still 3rd isn't that bad when you see at the quality of my team - so Euro League after Xmas

Out of Europe, Steaua hacks down Forster after 5 minutes in the first game in Romania and he is out for a month, with Zaluska in goal it is a up hill strugle until Forster returns - thankfully the league is pretty much in the bag, so no problem there

Pukki were sold in the January transfer window to Catania for £2.5m as Bangura returned and there were no need for 3 useless strikers *lol* - Balde have actually taken up form since I went with only one striker upfront with 15 goals in 31(6) matches so far - Bangura are on 3 goals in 6 matches so far - They are most likely history in the summer if I can find any takers

Ended the first season

Won both cups and won the league with 19 points down to nr 2 (Hibs)

Had a major clearout during the summer

Portugese International Amido Balde left for WBA for a staggering £10m fee (some Portugese club got £3m)

Joe Ledley went to Blackburn for £6.5m

Kasper Kusk (bought for £450k) left for a switch to Porto for £7.5m

The Banger left for Betis for £2.1m

Rogic went to Palermo for £3m

Lustig went to PSV for £6.5m

Biton to HSV for £8.25m

Stefan Strandberg only had a season at Celtic before leaving for Stuttgart at a price of £5.75m

Boerrigter left for Sampdoria at a price of £8.75m

A total sale of almost £57m

---

A bunch of newgens joined the club in the summer along side

Matthias Ginter from relegated side Freiburg in a club record deal at £9.75m

Ross Turnbull joined as back up for Forster, he came in on a free transfer

Steven Defour joined in on a free transfer as well (had to pay his agent £400k for his part of the contract)

Adam Smith joined on a free from Spurs to take over for Lustig

Gael Kakuta joined from Chelsea in a bargain £575k deal

Layvin Kurzawa joined on loan from Monaco

To take over in attack instead of The Banger, Balde and Pukki came in

(are you watching Peter Lawwell)

Matej Vydra from Udinese on a free

Alfred Finnbogason from Heerevegen at £4.5m

and

Carlos Fierro from Chivas at £2m

3 quality strikers at a price less than what Balde were sold for

+

Tony Watt returned from loan

A total spending at around £19m

Still got almost £34m to spend and about half a month to spend it in, but not sure that I will spend much of it

Ended the first season

Won both cups and won the league with 19 points down to nr 2 (Hibs)

Had a major clearout during the summer

A total spending at around £19m

Still got almost £34m to spend and about half a month to spend it in, but not sure that I will spend much of it

with "all the money in the world" to spend, I ended up spending £2.4m on it on Gueida Fofane from Lyon and loaning Salifu from Fiorentina

January transfer window were mostly for the future as

4th choice keeper

q621.pngq621.png

back up at right back

5r1l.png

back up at left back - hope that he will progress quickly as Kurzawa will leave in the summer when his loan ends

fuu8.png

Future nr 1 for a price of £230k - had hoped that I could cash in on Forster in the winter break, but the were no clubs interested, but he will be moved on in the summer - this gives Bardi 6 months to learn a bit of English before taking over

0d4x.png0d4x.png

Managed to beat Dortmund in the next round of the CL, but then came up against Bayern who proved to strong

The Cup and walked away with the league with ease

I like some summer madness, so brought in a new group of players

Lorenzo Crisetig and Marco Faraoni joined in so we now have a small ex-Inter youth department in the squad

Ryan Shawcross had been transferlisted by Liverpool, so I had to sign him

Will Hughes asking price dropped from £15m-£20m to a signing price of "just" £6m :D

Thorgan Hazard were transfer listed by Chelsea, so signed him as backup for Forrest, until my Mexican newgens joines, at an asking price of just £750k there should be some money to make to sell him on next summer

Mexican midfielder Patricio Araujo joined on a free

Fletcher and Januzaj joined on loan from Man U

Last transfer (and most expensive at £7.5m) were the signing of Faouzi Ghoklum of St Etienne so now should left back be sorted until some unreal newgen comes along

Out went:

Fofana - Matthews - Forster - Smith - Defour - and a lot of youth released

Only spend £500k more than I bought for (had a profit last year of £30m on the transfer front and the first season a profit of £5m)

Training and youth will have a new upgrade at Xmas and Hajduk Split was added to the feeder clubs (wp) along side Hamilton (to put youth players out on loan)

4 newgens joined in the summer along loan signings Darren Fletcher and Adnan Januzaj

End of the season review - season 3

League - Check

League cup - Check

Scottish Cup - Check

Champions League - Check

ofi3.png

Best player in the Champions League - Check

sj7d.png

6 players in the Champions League Dream Team - Check

s9fu.png

Guess that Brown will be staying for another season - Hard to sell on your captain when he has raised the CL trophy

Fletcher will be joining for next season on another season-long loan

Man U fired Laudrup, who had taken over from Moyes, and Luis Enrique, their new manager decided to accept my £8,75m offer for Januzaj

ngqf.pnghttp://imageshack.com/a/img802/880/ngqf.png

and Munoz has finally arrived - not sure to train his dribling or just put him on complete forward training (he is going to play right wing)

wgb2.png

Rundown on my starting 11

Francesco Bardi - Inter - £230k (transferlisted in January season two - his contract would have expired the following summer)

Marco Davide Faraoni - Watford - £7.5m (Watford had been promoted after season one and were relegated after season two, then bought)

Ryan Shawcross - Liverpool - £6.75m (transferlisted by Liverpool after season two)

Souttar - Dun Utd - £900k (start of the game)

Ben Davies - Man C - £7.75m (transfer listed by Man C after season 3)

Will Hughes - Derby - £6m (asking price dropped from £15m-£20m after season two to just £6m, can't remember how long a contract he had)

Adnan Jaruzaj - Man Utd - £8.75m (had been onloan in season two, offer accepted after the season

Scott Brown - Was in the squad at the start of the game

Leon Munoz - Cruz Azul - £1m (Newgen, joined after season 3, Forrest had been regular at right wing in season two after being out on loan at Leicester in season 1)

Gaël Kakuta - Chelsea - £575k (transferlisted after first season)

Matej Vydra - Udinese - Free Transfer (after first season)

Sold loads of players, both players that were at the club in the start of the game, and players that were bought and moved on with profit

Top 10 Sales

Matthias Ginter (season 2) £20m - Arseanal (£10.25m profit)

Virgil van Dijk (season 3) £12.25 - Frankfurt

Adam Matthews (season 2) £10m - Southampton

Amido Balde (season 1) £10m - WBA

Carlos Fierro (season 3) £9.75 - Granada (£7.75m profit)

Derk Boerrigter (season 1) £8.75m - Sampdoria

Nir Biton (season 1) £8.25m - HSV

Fraser Forster (season 2) £7.75m - Swansea

Kasper Kusk (season 1) £7.5m - Porto (£7.05m profit)

Alfred Finnbogason (season 2) £7.25m - Marseille (£2.75m profit)

Transfer balance

Season 1 profit of £5.75m

Season 2 profit of £31m

Season 3 profit of £25m (so far)

Be interesting to see how Januzaj turns out - does he come with the Wonderkid label?

Had a chuckle when I seen you had signed Finbogasson :-)

Can't remember when he joined, but he hasn't now

Had to try Finnbogason out, did ok, but as I only play with one striker upfront now, there wasn't room for him, so had to move him on

Might have to move Januzaj on as well, can't seem to get the right "gel" in midfield when playing both him and Will Hughes there and Katuta is brilliant at left wing, so he can't be moved there - bit of a waste to have him as a back up, and his wages are a bit to expensive for a back up aswell

Moved Januzaj on for £30m in the summer

Man U came in with a £6m offer after that - I got it up to £40m before accepting it

Both deals with £5m upfront and the rest over 48 months, the economic side of the game should be taking care off for the next 4 years unless I get really sloppy with the money

Replaced them with a £2.6m buy of Guido Vadala from Boca, Gauld will be back up for him

yal3.png

Hi, i have a "little" problem, in the beginning of the second season Tom Rogic and Nir Biton ask for a new contract, but they can't receive a work permit...can i do something or i have to sell this player?

don't give them a new contract just because they ask for it, tell them that they have time left on the ones that they have now, 99% of the time they will agree with you and they both have time to run on the current contracts don't they?

• 2 weeks later...
DKB how did you manage to win the Champs League in your 3rd season? That's quality! What tactics were you using? :D

Had a rather easy way to the final

First: Flora, Zeljeznicar and then M. Tel-Aviv to reach the group stage

Then a group of: Schalke, Valencia and Debrecen (only lost one, won the rest)

Then: Leverkusen, SD, Atl Madrid and then up against PSG in the final

Two early goals in the final before Cavani grapped one back for them, to make it the final score 2-1

Tactic was some that I downloaded, can't remember which, but I made many changes to it before it started to gel in season 3

Tried it with Atl Madrid in another game, and had my first sacking in FM in 5-6 years or so - Think I made it to February with Atl before getting the sack

Whats everyone thinking of the new update?

Patch 3 - Was scoring for fun at the start of it! I have been enjoying it but frustrated by it at the same time!

Sorry i have been away for so long lads, works being chaos and dad has been ill and in hospital, so im trying to get things back on track!

Patch 3!

Transfers in:

Stevie May - 250k

Richairo Zivkovic - 900k ( signed on a pre contract )

Transfers out:

Youngsters on loan

Georgios Samaras - 2.8 mil to PSV

Patrik Twardzik - 11.75k to RB Leipzig

Went with a 4-2-3-1 formation, after reading a bit on the the tactics forum about player roles and duties, and formations and mentalities I have created what I feel as though is a good possession based goalscoring tactic, however the defence could use a good going over, as I just dont feel as though its solid enough yet.

Anyhow 28 games into the season and I am 20 points clear, Won 22, drawn 2 and lost 4 so far, with goals for of 82, and goals against of 34!.

I am happy with the goals scored, but I feel as though I have conceded far too many!.

Scottish League Cup:

Celtic vs Airdrie - 3-0 (A)

Celtic vs Hibernian - 4-3 (A)

Celtic vs Partick Thistle - 3-1 (N)

Celtic vs Aberdeen - 2-1(N)

Admittedly the draw was very kind to my team, the hibernian result tested my nerves to the extreme, we were 3-0 down very quickly in the first half, it took guts and determination from a committed squad! However the cup once again, rested in paradise, thanks to the new heroes.

Scottish Cup:

Celtic vs Ayr - 7-0 (A)

Celtic vs Dundee Utd - 2-0 (H)

Celtic vs Stirling - 2-0 (H)

Sitting very nicely in this cup at the moment, so far havent conceded a goal and in the semi finals, awaiting the draw to see who I shall face next!

Europe:

Came through my champions league qualifications fairly easily defeating Gyor, Slovan Bratislava then Maribor to qualify for the groups!

Unlike my Scottish League Cup draw, the group draw was fairly unkind! R.Madrid, Shakhtar and Zenit were my opposition!

A heavy 2-5 defeat to R.Madrid in my first game left me dreading what was to come, however a 4-0 drubbing of Shakhtar at paradise left me with great hope, a 6-3 win in a cracker of a game at paradise against Zenit left me very optimistic of qualifying, however my next match was then on Russian Soil were Zenit proceeded to take me apart with ease in a 3-0 win, this left the group wide open, and with R.Madrid as my next opponents, I knew a loss would see me clutching at straws with qualification looming even further away! Sure enough Madrid beat me 1-0 at home to leave me a point behind Zenit with the final game to go!. Shakhtar proved to be my undoing as even though Zenit had lost to Madrid at the Bernabeu, I drew 1-1 in Ukraine to finish level with Zenit, but drop into the Europa League on head to head results.

The europa league seen me drew against Porto, a first leg success in Portugal proved a solid foundation for qualification as overall i won 5-2 on aggregate! Next up was R.Betis, they had put out Napoli in the previous tie, however they were a team I felt as though I could beat. Unfortunately it proved to be too tall an order and Betis eliminated me with apparent ease.

This left me feeling blue, as I thought this team was my equal.

So far the season and my signings I am relatively happy with, What I have noticed so far is, if I play my strikers out on the wings, they seem to scored quite alot.

Hmm The English transferwindow closes later than the SPL in the latest patch

With our transferwindow slammed, Southampton came in with an £4m offer for Captain Brown - negotiated it up to £10m before accepting (half up front, and half after 48 months) + 20% of the profit of the next sale, not that I expect that there will be money to made on him, but they offering it

103a4c8.png

Sad to see him go, BUT the money was spend seconds later on brining in ...

2nve6c1.png

&

5b7ipw.png

They will join in January - Wijnaldum on a 5 year deal and Fischer on a 5 year deal + a club option for another 3 years

Save to say that the wing positions are dealt with for years to come :D and Brown would only be a backup, once my "Celtic revolution" are over

Before selling out on my tiny chance of making it through a CL group of Bayern, Man City and CSKA Moscow - by selling Brown, the following were done to the squad

Ins; John Souttar, Dun Utd - Chris Baird, free transfer - Chris Johnson, Killie - Aaron Taylor Sinclair, Partick - Nicolaj Thomson, AaB + loan signings Fraser Fyvie, Wigan - Jamaal Lascelles, N.Forest

Outs; Commons, QPR - Kayal, Bournemouth - Sammy, PSV - Fasan, Pisa - Stokes, Leicester

Ambrose will be given until the end of the season to get his concentration to a minimum of 11, or else he will be sold

Virgil have been tied up on a new 5 year deal with a club option of 3 extra years

Team as it is now

Forster

Lustig-Virgil-Ambrose-Izzy

Biton

Johansen-Thomson

Forrest-------------Pukki

Balde

with Wijnaldum and Fischer coming in on the flanks in January, hopefully Pukki or Boerrigter can attract som interest from some other teams so one of them can be sold on there

Souttar is first back up to the central defenders

On the latest patch I have decided to stick with Paul McMullan and it is very much paying off;

Here he is in 2014;

paulmcmullan_zps5d3d0a5a.jpg

Here he is after I had Drogba (who I have on silly wages but he is worth every penny) tutor him!

paulmcmullan2_zps01681f2a.jpg

you got lucky with his natural fitness, think that it is 8 or below in my game, so when Man City come on with a £4.3m offer after the first season (they did try and buy him cheaper during the season), I sold him on

how many stars (to improve) do he have left on your game?

Finished 3rd in the CL group first season, got into the Euro League - won against Dortmund, Kiev, Schalke before going out in the semi finals to Valencia

League were won with 16 points down to Aberdeen, The Arabs finished 3rd, RC finished 4th (the all went out of Europe this season before the group stage this season, to be fair to Dun Utd they did come up against Chelsea, but the rest went out to minor teams)

Got to the group stage of the CL and drew up against: Dortmund, Arsenal and Slovan Bratislava

Team had a major clearout in the summer

Players in;

Asmir Begovic - Stoke

Stuart Bannigan - PT

Matej Vydra - Free agent

Will Hughes - Derby

Darren Fletcher - Man U (offering him 50% of next transfer got him down to £42k a week)

*Newgen - New York

Stefan Strandberg - Rosenborg

Neal Maupay - Nice

Amido Salifu - Fiorentina (loan)

Alfred Duncan - Inter (loan)

*Newgen - FC Midtjylland

Alphonse Areola - PSG (loan)

Julian Speroni - Free agent

Pione Sisto - FC Midtjylland

Jonathan Silva - Estudiantes

Larger transfers (£1m+) out;

McMullan - Chelsea

Pukki - Feyenoord

Izzy - Catania

Efe - Hannover

Raul Jimenez - Schalke (I bought him in January without being a succes so sold on with nice profit)

Stefan Johansen - Wolfsburg

Lustig - Villareal

Forster - Hull

Biton - Montpellier

Boerrigter - AaB

2nd season succes :clap:

1jujys.png

Next season I would like to make it past the group stages of the CL - Finished 3rd this season behind Arsenal and Dortmund, but as a result, I went for a more attacking formation and succes

Wijnaldum have been a monster in Europe with 14 goals and 16 assists in 21 matches :worthy: Bloody glad that I changed formation as he was going to be sold (in the old system) as I signed Ocapos (from Monaco) in the January transferwindow but as the new system had a AMC Wijnaldum got the chance and what a player he has become

Well started a new game with the new patch . Got to admit I did edit a few players but nothing drastic. Transfers are:

Transfers_zps43a463d7.png

I was originally trying to use a 4-1-2-1-2 and using Commons as a ss but just couldnt get it working. Gone back to a 4-4-2 and a 4-1-4-1.

442_zps5ae0fc81.png

4141_zpsa48c3a07.png

Well started a new game with the new patch . Got to admit I did edit a few players but nothing drastic. Transfers are:

Transfers_zps43a463d7.png

I was originally trying to use a 4-1-2-1-2 and using Commons as a ss but just couldnt get it working. Gone back to a 4-4-2 and a 4-1-4-1.

442_zps5ae0fc81.png

4141_zpsa48c3a07.png

Virgil out injured or what have you done with him?

• 2 weeks later...

Started a save with these today. Gone with these as the tactics...

Home

2whl0u9.png

Away

beuezd.png

Transfers I've made a couple.

2vryhyc.png

Trying to spend what I bring in. Also all signings involved zero signing on fees or agent fees. Refuse to pay them whilst I'm managing in Scotland due to how low the money is so got to be careful. Alan has been a revelation. Pukki basically a reserve player (tried to get rid of him this window but no-one wanted him) with Griffiths as back up. Balde also tried to flog off but no-one wanted him so him and Pukki will hopefully move in Jan or next summer. Dyer had to get as he randomly popped up transfer listed so jumped straight in before Southampton made an offer.

Start to the season has been solid as :thup:

331q4xs.png

Next season I would like to make it past the group stages of the CL - Finished 3rd this season behind Arsenal and Dortmund, but as a result, I went for a more attacking formation and succes

and so I did

won my group ahead of BMG in 2nd place, Gala in 3rd place and PSG in 4th place

Got drawn against Napoli in the first knock out stage after Xmas

Going to be tough but not impossible (or at least I do not hope so)

Finished 1st season with Celtic.

oejgx.png

Domination in the league from the word go and it's the first time since FM11 that I've gone a season unbeaten :) European campaign was the complete opposite. Breezed through to the UCL group stages but got a group of Real Madrid, AC Milan & Zenit. Ended up finishing bottom with just 3 points that came in the 2nd from last game with a 3-1 home win over AC Milan. Hopefully the next season we can fair better. Lack of taking our chances was our downfall, got away with it in the league due to the quality of the teams we faced but in the UCL no such luck.

2moxxl0.png

During the half way stage of the season I continued the rebuild of Celtic and targeted Scandinavian based players to sign due to not really ever using them in previous FMs and managing in Scotland allowed for this opportunity. Plus with limited finances there were quite a few bargains to be had, especially Kusk who was sensational in the 2d half of the season. Managed to finally flog Brown off on deadline day after trying to ship him off since day one of arriving at the club :D

End of season stats of top 5 players in league:

Played   Scored   Assists   MOM   Rating
Alan            31       19        11      5     7.37
Nathan Dyer     32       14        7       6     7.33
Kris Commons    25       13        6       2     7.40
Virgil van Dijk 35       4         3       5     7.43
Adam Matthews   22       0         6       1     7.40

Finished 1st season with Celtic.

oejgx.png

Domination in the league from the word go and it's the first time since FM11 that I've gone a season unbeaten :) European campaign was the complete opposite. Breezed through to the UCL group stages but got a group of Real Madrid, AC Milan & Zenit. Ended up finishing bottom with just 3 points that came in the 2nd from last game with a 3-1 home win over AC Milan. Hopefully the next season we can fair better. Lack of taking our chances was our downfall, got away with it in the league due to the quality of the teams we faced but in the UCL no such luck.

2moxxl0.png

During the half way stage of the season I continued the rebuild of Celtic and targeted Scandinavian based players to sign due to not really ever using them in previous FMs and managing in Scotland allowed for this opportunity. Plus with limited finances there were quite a few bargains to be had, especially Kusk who was sensational in the 2d half of the season. Managed to finally flog Brown off on deadline day after trying to ship him off since day one of arriving at the club :D

End of season stats of top 5 players in league:

Played   Scored   Assists   MOM   Rating
Alan            31       19        11      5     7.37
Nathan Dyer     32       14        7       6     7.33
Kris Commons    25       13        6       2     7.40
Virgil van Dijk 35       4         3       5     7.43
Adam Matthews   22       0         6       1     7.40

Nice job going undefeated in the league - resting players ahead of (or after) CL matches or trying to blend in youngsters usually cost me a defeat or two during a season

Think you slightly overpaid for Kasper Kusk, he has a £450k min clause (if I remember correct) - but he is a good player to buy at the start of the game, and a certain profit when sold on

Nice job going undefeated in the league - resting players ahead of (or after) CL matches or trying to blend in youngsters usually cost me a defeat or two during a season

Think you slightly overpaid for Kasper Kusk, he has a £450k min clause (if I remember correct) - but he is a good player to buy at the start of the game, and a certain profit when sold on

Rested players this season just gone and did far better in the UCL :) Had a group of Arsenal, Leverkusen & Zenit and managed to finish 3rd with 8 points. Went out in last 32 of Europa to Porto though, poor finishing cost us. Went out of league cup early but won League and National Cup.

St Mirren are running me close all the time with them abusing the loan system and getting decent Newcastle players on loan. Aberdeen also a force now after getting a tycoon so makes the league more interesting.

Team going into the 3rd season is this :)

10nbzo8.png

Ocampos never played a game for Monaco so managed to get him for £3.1m! Turned over a profit every window so far and finances currently read £42m. Will increase even more if I qualify for UCL for 3rd season in a row. Alex Parker is a regen who looks decent as, will no doubt become a Celtic legend in the years to come as he'll be one player I'll never sell.

• 1 month later...

Well decided to set myself a challenge. Starting a new game where I'm only going to buy Scottish players. Want to see if I can come close to what the Lisbon Lions achieved winning the European cup with an all Scottish team.

• 3 weeks later...

Started up a new Celtic game

Players out:

Georgios Samaras: PSV

Anthony Stokes: Leicester

Emilio Izaguire: Toulouse

Lewis Kidd: St Mirren (loan)

Efe Ambrose: Stoke

Joe Thomson: Arsenal

Players in:

John Souttar: Dun Utd

Aaren Taylor-Sinclair: Partick Thisle

Graham Dorrans: WBA

Robert Snodgrass: Norwich

Michael Keane: Man U (loan)

Lee Nicholls: Wigan (loan)

Didn't have any plans to sell Efe in the first season, but Stoke came in with a £2.5m offer, I said £5m and they said ok

Joe Thomson were a complete "what the ****" moment - Arsenal had been in with a small offer to start with, got it up to £3.6m, but it somehow didn't happen, then they put in anothe offer, and I upped it to £7.5m + the 30% of the next sale that they had put in the first offer, and they said ok

The Thomson sale came through after the SPL window was closed, so I couldn't bring in any players for the money

2cxzwoj.jpg

Paul McMullen, Liam Henderson and Aidan McIIduf are brought into the first team, giving McIIduf a chance as first team left back, McMullen and Henderson are squad players

Got through to the group stage of the CL - got a group of Bayern, Zenit and Lyon waiting for me

Started up a new Celtic game

Players out:

Georgios Samaras: PSV

Anthony Stokes: Leicester

Emilio Izaguire: Toulouse

Lewis Kidd: St Mirren (loan)

Efe Ambrose: Stoke

Joe Thomson: Arsenal

Players in:

John Souttar: Dun Utd

Aaren Taylor-Sinclair: Partick Thisle

Graham Dorrans: WBA

Robert Snodgrass: Norwich

Michael Keane: Man U (loan)

Lee Nicholls: Wigan (loan)

Didn't have any plans to sell Efe in the first season, but Stoke came in with a £2.5m offer, I said £5m and they said ok

Joe Thomson were a complete "what the ****" moment - Arsenal had been in with a small offer to start with, got it up to £3.6m, but it somehow didn't happen, then they put in anothe offer, and I upped it to £7.5m + the 30% of the next sale that they had put in the first offer, and they said ok

The Thomson sale came through after the SPL window was closed, so I couldn't bring in any players for the money

2cxzwoj.jpg

Paul McMullen, Liam Henderson and Aidan McIIduf are brought into the first team, giving McIIduf a chance as first team left back, McMullen and Henderson are squad players

Got through to the group stage of the CL - got a group of Bayern, Zenit and Lyon waiting for me

The Thomson money was spend on brining in Rhodes

255s311.jpg

and some extra money and the sales of Pukki and Balde was enough to welcome home wee Aiden

15d3rtc.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The Thomson money was spend on brining in Rhodes

255s311.jpg

and some extra money and the sales of Pukki and Balde was enough to welcome home wee Aiden

15d3rtc.png

How to put Real Madrid out of European - season two

34eolqb.png

Going into the final group game, I needed a win against Real to make sure that I got CL after Xmas

Real would need a win to get to the knock out stages

Milan and Zenit were the other two teams, both with a chance to go through

They finished 2-2, so Zenit went through with AC Milan in the Euro League, and Real out of Europe

It feels a bit strange to spend almost £8m on a player and then he agrees to £650 pr week for the next 4½ years + I get an option for another 3 years

But had to get him now before any of the big clubs became interested in him - AND the replacement for Scott Brown is ready, when Broonie goes downhill

2rf4ikp.png

when checking his weak areas in his report, it shows nothing :D not that often that a newgen doesn't have any weak areas in the report and at the same time looks as promising as this Serbian kid

My prediction on Ronny Deila's tactics - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/394814-Ronny-Deila-The-quest-for-beautiful-football

Lifted the treble in my first season and reached the last 32 of the Europa League. This season in October I remain undefeated in the SPL, we drew Man Utd, Olympiakos and Freiburg in the Champions League so I'm confident of a last 16 spot. Just drew 0-0 with Man Utd at Old Trafford.

This save I have been focusing on tactics and player development. I promoted 7 u19 players in the first season and they all got between 2 and 21 games last season. It just goes to show what game time does for players. That along with a good tutoring programme I'm positive by 2016 they'll be competing for a first team place.

These are my transfers over the first two seasons. No major changes, just been brining in the players to fit my tactic (can be found in the above thread). On this game I'm heavily focusing on player development, I'm that happy with my squad I don't see myself signing any players until a) a player gets to old and starts to decline b) a freak injury happens and I need a loan or something c) a player hands in a transfer request or d) that once a game 'special' bargain pops up. Although I do have 5 forwards left and only play a single striker, some will have to leave in January.

bi5i4n.png

14kzntu.png

Archived