The Sammarinese Challenge.

want to give it a go but dont know who to sign first season

With respect, it doesn't matter who the hell you sign the first season. It's not about the first season or even the first ten seasons. What happens early on is largely irrelevant just so long as you don't get sacked.

Just give it a go. :thup:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still doing this, albeit very slowly. I keep getting side tracked by other things and havent sat down for a good session in a while. However, I am fairly close to finishing this season finally. Here are some of the more recent updates to the season since my last post earlier:

* 35 games through the season and we sit comfortably in second place on 85 points, 3 points off Juventus in first. Our chances of catchign them are slim to none at this stage, but I was happy with our win over Milan to keep us within touching distance.

* Euro Cup Semi Final was against none other than Juventus! Although I was trying to save our best for this to try and win some silverware, we were completely torn apart. 3-0 loss in the first leg followed by a 4-1 loss in the second, and a 7-1 aggregate. Though we are second in the league, there is a long way to go to surpass the might that is Juventus.

* Consortium take over. The club has finally had a take over after a few failings in the past. They have injected some money into the club, as well as increased facilities for both the first team and the youth side.

The bad news... I am currently on watch! That is right, club legend and manager for the last 10 seasons, and currently leading the club to their best placing in his 11th season, may be ousted. The successor, if I am to be relieved of my duties, is Walter Mazzarri. Here is his bio:

After leaving Inter in 2014, he was unemployed for 2 seasons, before taking over Genoa. There he lasted a season and a half, getting the side to an 11th place finish in his only full season. After the sack, he was picked up by Lazio where he once again lasted only a season and a half, in deja vu-esque circumstances. He placed 11th and was sacked halfway through the following season, identical to his Genoa reign.

He had a longer spell at his next club, Torino, where he made it through three full seasons before deciding to resign, probably due to sheer poor form. Upon signing with the side, they had made it to the Euro Cup, however he managed to place them 15th, his worse placing since his inter days. The following season was once again a lowly 15th, until his third season where he one bettered this, by coming 16th.

Upon his resignation, he has been linked with my position. I have currently got the side in the Euro Cup Semi finals, and are currently second in the league, with a top two place guaranteed. How I am under threat from this man is beyond me.

New Flash

New Chairman Egidio Viola has seen his moment of madness and gone with rationality, leaving 11 season veteran manager Leon at the helm of his new club.

"I have been impressed by the support of Leon's management at the club and have been persuaded to allow him to stay" his statement read

Walter Mazzarri, who was heavily linked to the role, declined to comment, whilst Leon has stated

"I am happy the new Chairman has seen faith in what I have achieved at the club so far. We have come from a small club to a side challenging for the title and I am glad I will be able to remain in charge to one day lift the trophies this side is destined to win. There are no hard feelings towards Egidio. Like any leader, he needs to look at what he thinks is the best way forward, and I am glad I am now seen as the best person to be a part of his plans and vision."

The team failed to celebrate the good news on the most positives of notes though, as they drew 0-0 with 19th placed Modena. This was also Leon's 500th game in charge of the side, and the draw puts them within 2 points of Juventus, who lost to Bologna 3-2. Had Titani capitalized, they would be on level terms with 2 games to go.

5-3 Romp brings title to the wire!

San Marino fought for a hard 5-3 win on match day 37 to keep their title aspirations alive and bring the title race down to the final game.

Catania clawed back as 4 goals were scored in the opening 10 minutes, leaving San Marino up 3-1 and 4-1 at the break. Catania then struck 2 to make it 4-3 and make a match of things, until Hrncevic put the dagger into the match to make it 5-3.

San Marino will face 5th Placed Fiorentina at home on the final day, whilst Juventus have a slightly more favorable draw, with 14th Placed Napoli at home.

Although San Marino have the slightly better goal difference (+46 to +45), the head to head results favour Juventus, meaning a draw would be enough to see Juventus claim the trophy.

Welcome to the Live Coverage of the final match in the 2023-24 Italian Serie A Season. What has proven to be a top notch campaign for both Juventus and San Marino, will come down to their respective matches, as the games are due to kick off in just a few minutes. We take a look at the San Marino side which is taking on Fiorentina today:

GK. Venturi - The veteran Goalkeeper has been between the sticks for over a decade and will be looking to finish the season with his 13th cleansheet in the league and 18th of the season.

LB. Benedetti - The veteren and ex captain of the side will look to make his attacking overlaps today. Expect San Marino to use his experience all game.

CB. Saidi - Solid defender, will need to be at his best today as San Marino will go all out for the win to attempt a run at the title. Will need to defend as best as he ever has.

CB. Prestia - Gets the nod today due his better form as the second central man. Will be much more defensive today to cover the flanking runs from the wide backs.

RB. van der Pol - Playing on the right, will need to be more attacking than he has been all season. Only 2 assists this season, but will need some better crossing today as they need a win.

MC. Zimmerman - The attacking hub in the deeper midfield role. Will be distributing the ball for the attacking front 4.

MC. Diaz - Quick box to box midfielder who will have a busy game against an attacking Fiorentina side. Expect him to play a full 90 today.

LW. Scoppettuolo - Expect him to get a lot of balls into the box and overlap with Benedetti to confuse the Fiorentina right side.

AMC. Morra - The heart of the side, will be key to all attacking movements. Expect a big game out of their big game player.

RW. Hrncevic - The young flanker has been integral, scoring at will this season with 21 goals. Expect him to try to get on the scoresheet today to help get the win.

ST. Sabbioni - In a bit of a slump, but gets the nod over Hulse for his ability to score from nothing. The better striker this year, expect him to poach like never before.

We head back to the grounds, as the matches gets underway. Bold indicates San Marino, Italic is Juventus:

---------------------------------

01 min - Fiorentina get the first corner of the match but head wide. Great attacking start as San Marino look a bit slow to react early.

05 min - Hrncevic heads with San Marino's first chance but it goes over the bar.

10 min - Karatas makes a poor slide challenge to halt a Napoli attack. Yellow card is given but the attack has been broken down

13 min - Morra has a great chance, as he shoots after neat passing with Zimmerman. Ball is pushed wide with a great save

13 min - Brun has a good chance for Juventus to give them the lead, but the Napoli defender collided as he went in hard for the challenge. Brun comes off injured, which is a real blow for Juventus. Both games currently sit at 0-0 which suits Juventus

17 min - Roszak whips in a cross which Leali, the Juventus Keeper needs to punch out. He just gets to it first ahead of Napoli, who almost take the lead.

24 min - Salvatori jinks past his marker and gets one on one with Leali. Somehow Leali saves what was a great shot. Juventus remain at 0-0 somehow despite a fantastic shot that should of gone in. Napoli are starting to control the game.

35 min - Zimmerman jinks past his defender and gives it to Benedetti who tries to get it in quickly. The ball ends up skewed towards goal, but the keeper reacts and saves it for a corner. Great play from San Marino as they control the match, but can't break the deadlock

36 min - Hrncevic whips in the corner, with heavy traffic. Schurrle gets to the ball first, but can't control his header, and it goes into his own net! Own goal and San Marino go up 1-0. Juventus are yet to score against Napoli, so both teams are currently on 92 points each on the table. San Marino eagerly watch as Napoli also just squander a chance in their match

38 min - Karatas wins a corner for Juventus. San Marino have gone 1-0 up which puts a bit of pressure on Juventus now. The pressure shows as it is a poor cross. Salvatori counter attacks for Napoli, but once again, Leali gets to the shot and pushes it out, regathering the loose ball before Napoli can pounce.

40 min - Fiorentina give away the ball softly, and a quick ball through the defensive line finds Sabbioni one on one. A nicely placed shot and San Marino are up 2-0! 2 goals in 4 and the match looks like it is in their hands as we approach the break. Juventus are still locked at 0-0 but lead on head to head results over San Marino

42 min - Delgado finally has a chance for Fiorentina, but it is easily dealt with by Venturi. The ensuing corner is cleared

45 min - Juventus go defensive as San Marino are now 2-0 up in their match. They withstand heavy pressure late on in the half from Napoli, but their Keeper keeps them at bay. Viallrino picks up a Yellow for a last ditch tackle, Juventus' second card of the match.

45 min - BOTH MATCHES SIGNAL FOR HALF TIME

San Marino 2 v Fiorentina 0

Juventus 0 v Napoli 0

51 min - Rabiot picks up the games first yellow, as Sabbioni misses from the ensuing freekick

51 min - Castillo pulls down his man as Napoli almost counter successfully. Had the play been closer to the center of the pitch, this may of been a red as he was questionably the last man in defense.

52 min - As San Marino start to get anxious and focus on the Juventus score, they lapse in their concentration and Delgado hits them on the counter attack. Fiorentina's Jose aims at the near post to find Delgado who hits it froma difficult angle, GOAL! 2-1 the score

54 min - Casasola picks up Fiorentina's second yellow. Morra takes a quick free kick to fin Hrncevic cutting in off his wing. Fiorentina appeal for offside but the flag stays down, and Hrncevic doesn't miss. That is goal 22 for the season! and the score is 3-1. Juventus still remain 0-0, so the celebrations from San Marino are kept to a minimum.

61 min - Stark gets Napoli's first yellow of the game. From the ensuing play Junvetus rifle in a GOAL!. Fernandinho is ruled offside very quickly, and the match resumes parity at 0-0/

64 min - Sabbioni has a shot, which blocks of Cesao, however the rebound falls behind the defense to a following Sabbioni, who regains the ball. One on one and he doesn't miss those. GOAL! 4-1 and the game is well and truly over, however the bench gets more anxious with every passing minute as Juventus and Napoli are still stuck in a stale mate

68 min - Cigno gets another Juventus yellow, as Insigne misses a golden opportunity to put Napoli 1-0 up. Juventus move to 5 in the backline as subs are made. They are now making it obvious that they are playing for the draw it seems.

70 min - Schurrle has a golden chance to make up for his earlier mistake as he breaks through the defense, but Venturi makes an immense save, pumping his fists. San Marino really want this

80 min - Morra finds Sabbioni who lobs through to Hrncevic. He takes a long, freakish shot on the bounce and GOAL! What a half volley to make it 5-1!

81 min - San Marino don't celebrate, but start to watch the scoreboard as their season is in the hands of Napoli. Ramos, takes full advantage and scores a soft header uncontested from a corner. 5-2 with 9 minutes to go

81 min - Pegliarini wins a header from the corner, but Leali is once again up to the task, making a brilliant one handed tip over the bar to keep the scores level. Napoli push for the winner with less than 10 to go as Juventus see San Marino go 5-1 up! Fiorentina score to make it 5-2 but it doesn't matter at this stage as long as Juventus can hold on to the draw

82 min - Bouchet picks up the third card of the game and for Fiorentina

84 min - Juventus save a Napoli strike and counter through Fernandinho, who has his shot saved. Juventus' first real chance since the disallowed goal earlier.

84 min - Pavlovski wins the header from Bouchet's corner, another uncontested header, and another soft goal as San Marino start to crumble in the final 10 minutes! 5-3 in the match, whilst Juventus are holding on to a 0-0 draw. Napoli are pushing but unable to break them down

87 min - Napoli Have a goal ruled out for offside. No controversy in it though as it was pulled up quickly, and was the correct decision. Final subs are made as Juventus try to hang on to the draw that will see them win 3 titles in a row

90 min - Schurrle takes advantage of lazy defense to find Ramos breaking through. GOAL for Fiorentina and 5-4 the scoreline with 3m inutes of stoppage time! San Marino need to stop watching the score in the other match, otherwise they may loose a commanding 5-1 lead and the other result won't matter at that stage!

93 min - Full time, and San Marino win a thriller. Fiorentina score 3 and San Marino 1 in the final 10 minutes for a crazy end to the game. There are 2 minutes left in the other match, and the San Marino side wait anxiously at center field for the result...

94 min - One final chance as Napoli win a corner. The ball is cleared but a shot comes back in the box and bobbles around. Insigne ends up with it and finds Starke with a lofted pass to the far post. Starke heads the ball to an almost open goal. San Marino are watching with their arms interlocked. The header hits the post, shaking the frame, but goes out and not in. Leali, who had to cover a lot of ground dives onto the loose ball before Napoli can get to it. he soaks up the clock as Juventus are seconds away from the Serie A title!

The Whistle Sounds... San Marino players don't slump, but parade around their stadium. A lap of honour to the side who has equaled Juventus in a campaign that looked all but lost earlier on. 92 Points is a hefty total, and any other season would be enough to win, if not for a fantastic Juventus side.

Juventus, also at home have a huge fanfare of flares, confetti and fire works. They too have their lap of honour, with the only difference being a trophy lifted on the podium at the ending ceremony. They hold on to win with a solid 92 point season and a +45 goal difference.

San Marino can feel good in the sense they won the season on goal difference with +47, 2 goals better than Juventus, as they netted a massive 96 goals this season, but their head to head form sees Juventus as the champions. Heartbreaking stuff!

Thank you for tuning in to tonight's live broadcasted coverage. Neither sides fans are leaving the stadium as we sign off this evening. Both sets of fans are extremely proud of their sides, and we can be sure to see this budding rivalry grow next season!

Oh, the tension was crazy, but I was more focused on our side not losing the match that I barely noticed the final play until I looked at the match report for the commentary. So gutted at the final result, but it was still a great season.

With the new board, we should be able to strengthen and be an even bigger threat to Juventus' reign next season.

I will need to find the heart to continue though... I think it will take me a few days to recover :(

Darko Hrncevic had a breakthrough season, leading the charts with 23 goals (A Club record) and 22 assists (tied with Morra).

He picked up 9 player awards in that time. We had 4 players crack the double digits barrier in both the goals and assists columns as we scored 96 for a season high in team goals scored.

| Pkd  | Inf  | Name                | Apps    | Gls  | Ast  | PoM  | Pas R| Tck  | DrbPG| Sh T | Yel  | Red  | Av Rat | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| GK   |      | Giacomo Venturi     | 51      | 6    | 0    | 1    | 86%  | -    | -    | 100% | 0    | 0    | 7.12   | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| DR   |      | Thomas van der Pol  | 44 (5)  | 0    | 2    | 1    | 84%  | 2.95 | 0.74 | 33%  | 3    | 0    | 7.07   | 
| DCR  |      | Giuseppe Prestia    | 20 (5)  | 4    | 0    | 2    | 80%  | 2.83 | 0.30 | 50%  | 2    | 0    | 7.17   | 
| DCL  |      | Rachid Saidi        | 34 (9)  | 5    | 0    | 3    | 76%  | 2.98 | 0.48 | 35%  | 4    | 0    | 7.01   | 
| DL   |      | Amedeo Benedetti    | 40 (7)  | 2    | 5    | 3    | 85%  | 3.31 | 0.60 | 38%  | 4    | 0    | 7.08   | 
| MCR  |      | Nicolás Díaz        | 42 (5)  | 7    | 1    | 1    | 89%  | 2.87 | 1.07 | 36%  | 2    | 1    | 7.06   | 
| MCL  |      | John Zimmerman      | 47 (2)  | 8    | 4    | 3    | 83%  | 1.80 | 1.89 | 39%  | 9    | 0    | 7.04   | 
| AMR  |      | Darko Hrncevic      | 47 (2)  | 23   | 22   | 9    | 82%  | 0.90 | 4.01 | 55%  | 2    | 0    | 7.43   | 
| AMC  | Rst  | Niccolò Morra       | 45 (5)  | 17   | 22   | 7    | 79%  | 1.39 | 1.12 | 55%  | 3    | 0    | 7.37   | 
| AML  |      | Damián Scoppettuolo | 20 (2)  | 4    | 15   | 5    | 77%  | 1.07 | 4.18 | 36%  | 1    | 0    | 7.57   | 
| STC  |      | Davide Sabbioni     | 26 (6)  | 14   | 11   | 2    | 76%  | 0.52 | 0.87 | 59%  | 1    | 0    | 7.15   | 
| S1   |      | Michele Costa       | 4       | 0    | 0    | 0    | 83%  | -    | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 7.18   | 
| S2   |      | Pat Douglas         | 13 (4)  | 0    | 0    | 0    | 83%  | 3.87 | 0.68 | 100% | 1    | 0    | 6.85   | 
| S3   |      | Sander Vermeulen    | 8 (15)  | 1    | 1    | 0    | 84%  | 2.00 | 0.84 | 67%  | 0    | 0    | 6.93   | 
| S4   | Slt  | Juan Cruz Arcos     | 11 (12) | 5    | 3    | 0    | 78%  | 0.99 | 0.61 | 52%  | 0    | 0    | 6.82   | 
| S5   |      | Jan Ondrusek        | 47 (1)  | 3    | 0    | 1    | 75%  | 3.52 | 0.51 | 33%  | 7    | 0    | 6.97   | 
| S6   |      | Luca Franco         | 19 (10) | 3    | 7    | 2    | 82%  | 1.64 | 2.61 | 37%  | 0    | 0    | 7.05   | 
| S7   |      | Gary Hulse          | 40 (6)  | 12   | 8    | 2    | 78%  | 0.83 | 1.42 | 48%  | 0    | 0    | 6.93   | 
| S8   |      | Matteo Bianchetti   | 10 (8)  | 1    | 1    | 0    | 81%  | 3.34 | 1.21 | 17%  | 0    | 0    | 6.88   | 
| S9   |      | Hubert Simon        | 10 (12) | 0    | 1    | 0    | 85%  | 1.94 | 0.68 | 50%  | 2    | 0    | 6.84   | 
| S10  |      | Michele Bindi       | 0 (3)   | 1    | 0    | 0    | 88%  | -    | -    | 100% | 0    | 0    | 6.90   | 
| S11  | Slt  | Tupãzinho           | 7 (13)  | 1    | 3    | 0    | 81%  | 1.34 | 3.69 | 43%  | 0    | 0    | 6.78   | 
| S12  | Slt  | Stéphane Durand     | 7 (5)   | 1    | 1    | 0    | 86%  | 1.78 | 1.02 | 26%  | 0    | 0    | 6.77   | 
| -    | Slt  | Gianluca Draghetti  | 0 (2)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 96%  | -    | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.80   | 
| -    | Lst  | Andrea Pandolfi     | 0 (1)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 93%  | -    | -    | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.80   | 
| -    | Slt  | Pietro Urso Russo   | 1 (4)   | 0    | 0    | 0    | 85%  | 0.00 | 1.86 | -    | 0    | 0    | 6.60   | 
| -    | Inj  | Mamadou Sow         | 12 (1)  | 0    | 1    | 0    | 82%  | 3.61 | 0.63 | 0%   | 0    | 0    | 6.95   | 
| -    |      | Matteo Balducci     | -       | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -    | -      | 
|      |      |                     |         |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |      |        | 

whgats the point then cause i heard u have to get promoted quick

You do need a relatively quick promotion, but it shouldn't be too hard as the quality at that level is not that great. Scout a few loan options as they will boost your sides overall talent ability at no additional fee and within a few seasons you should be able to make it upward, though based on y our previous post, you seem to be off to a good start anyway.

Good luck!

Euro 2024

In astonishing news tonight, hosts Italy, have triumphed in a narrow 1-0 over Belgium, striking in the 81st minute. This was Bacchetti's first goal for Italy in his 33rd cap, and what a time to score! Their road to the final was not easy as they struggled, yet managed to overcome every side they came up against, winning every game. Being the hosts, Italy were one of the favourites, however, being ranked 14th in the world, left them as somewhat of a Dark horse.

Italy's Road to the final:

Group

2-1 v Norway

2-1 v Slovenia

2-0 v Russia

Second Round

2-1 v Austria (et)

Quarter Final

1-0 v Russia

Semi Final

2-1 v Croatia

Final

1-0 v Belgium

This is Italy's First time winning the competition since 1968, after coming runner up in 2000, 2012 and 2016. It is also their first major trophy win since lifting the Confederation Cup back in 2017.

whgats the point then cause i heard u have to get promoted quick

1. You don't HAVE to do anything. The chances are that you are never going to win the World Cup with San Marino, so just relax and enjoy the ride.

2. You really don't have to get promoted immediately. The only thing you REALLY have to do is avoid the sack. This challenge is one of decades rather than seasons, The save can be really enjoyable, but the key is to get deep into it.

Season 2024-25

Leon announces signings as season draw near.

Leon has gone full steam ahead in attempting to one better last seasons second place finishing with some early window signings to key areas. San Marino are known for having a thin squad due to budget restrictions, but with the new owners, there is room to splash some cash.

Not known for spending large sums during the windows, Leon has rather gone for larger wages, signing Nabil Leroy on a free transfer to compete with Venturi for the first choice keeper options. Manuel was picked up from Malaga to give Diaz competition in the central midfielder role, and some fringe experience players have been picked up to add epth as Leon pushes to make a Champions League run, with his first Automatic group stage qualification spot.

"We are really looking to cement our side as a top tier outfit in the Serie A. We want to build on last season domestically, and on the continental stage, and I feel these signings can help us achieve our targets"

Leon's transfer dabblings thus far are:

Free MC Manuel (Malaga)

Free DRL Mauro Carrasco (San Lorenzo)

Free GK Nabil Leroy (Free Agent)

Free ST Leandro Paredes (Free Agent)

5 from 5!

San Marino have started the season with a perfect start, including an incredible 2-1 win over reigning champions Juventus. The perfect start has had its down sides, with a 4-1 loss to PSG in their opening Champions League fixture, however they over turned the result in the second match, winning 2-0 against Tel Aviv.

This early season form sees them currently sit atop the table on 15 points, with a game in hand over fellow table toppers Fiorentina and Udinese.

San-sational as Iceland draw

San Marino have notched up a point in their opening World Cup Qualifier, drawing 1-1 with 106th ranked Iceland. The point is sure to lift their ranking, and spirit, despite a heavy 7-1 loss to neighbours Italy just a few days after.

Leon was happy with the result, stating:

"It is a good way to start the season, and we hope that we can pick up a few more points to improve our ranking. We are still a small nation, so these results are good for us"

got to serie b first seaon but 18 games in im last by 5 points. no quality and dont know whow to get on a free

Use your scouts and look for loanees. You don't need to buy at this stage. The first year in Serie B can be tough. Jimbo went down if I recall correctly, I was fairly close myself. It is a tough first year.

got to serie b first seaon but 18 games in im last by 5 points. no quality and dont know whow to get on a free

Just to give you a bit of a recap of my current FM14 save, I was promoted the 1st season, relegated the 2nd season, didn't bounce back up in the 3rd, (even missed playoffs), and was then promoted again in the 4th season.

From there it was just really steady slow progress once I was successful with the club side I gave priority to Sammarinese players even at the cost of significant player ability.

Jimbo

How's your World Cup fairing? I have been keen to hear about it!?

I haven't got there yet. What with Christmas and New Year and real life I haven't been playing much until last week. It's currently late Jan 2038 and the World Cup is at the end of the season.

I promise I will go into a bit of detail when I get there because I know it's a big deal. :o

Use your scouts and look for loanees. You don't need to buy at this stage. The first year in Serie B can be tough. Jimbo went down if I recall correctly, I was fairly close myself. It is a tough first year.

I did indeed go down, (only winning 1 game). The reason I went down was that I didn't make any loan signings and because money was so tite I didn't even really strengthen the squad at all. I just kept pretty much with the rubbish players that got me promoted.

Loan signings were key for me. They got me promoted from Serie B at the first attempt.

This sort of proves that there is no right and wrong way to do this. Wiv opted for a strategy that bought immediate short-term success, where as right from the off I had a longer-term strategy in mind..

It's that strategy that has got me though the bulk of this save. Always managing the club with the National Team in the forefront of my mind.

This sort of proves that there is no right and wrong way to do this. Wiv opted for a strategy that bought immediate short-term success, where as right from the off I had a longer-term strategy in mind..It's that strategy that has got me though the bulk of this save. Always managing the club with the National Team in the forefront of my mind.
Aye, im taking a different route. Get established in Serie A. Develop youth facilities and coaching and then go for the national team.

2017/18 - San Marino Season Report

| Serie A League Table (11th) | Home | Away |

| Italian Cup | Squad |

Key Players

Gianluca Laurenti - (ML) - Start slowly but I moved him to the left to see if Assorati could have an impact. It worked a treat and Laurenti ended up as one of the midfielders of the year in the Serie A awards. Shame he didn't get a call up to Italy's World Cup squad.

Guiseppe Bellusci - (DC) - Signed for a small fee (it was a steal at 180K) in January, shored up our defence and will remain in the team for some time to come

Giampaolo Pazzini - (ST) - Another January signing, this time on loan (with a monthly fee, but less wage contribution), he scored 13 goals (5 penalties) and gave us some quality up front. I'll be signing him on a free if possible. Mostly to tutor some of my young strikers.

Diego Falcinelli - (ST) - Played almost as a target man and beat the Serie A record for assists. He was a little inconsistent so whilst he will stay another season, I'm not sure he'll last longer than that

One's for the Future

Chris Stachan - (MC) - Spent 2.7 million on this chap and money well spent. Slotted straight in to the starting 11. I'll be suprised if no big clubs come in for him soon.

General

Finances - Looking good. Board think we'll have about 30m in the bank by the end of the season. Furthermore we improved our youth and first team training facilities and increased our Youth Coaching and Youth Network.

Transfers - We signed a keeper, as per my remit last season. Bolstered the defence and midfield areas. Not all of them were successful and in that regard I stretched our finances.

Forgot to add my Profile but no huge changes in there again. I was hoping that my disipline would increase.

Review

Things weren't as comfortable as they seem. We were near the bottom for the first half of the season and after a month or two without a point I thought we were heading for the drop. Signing Pazzini, Bullusci & Strachan, whilst changing my tactic so it was slightly more defensive

changed our season around, going on a 6 game unbeaten run (4 wins and 2 draws) which pushed us up towards midtable which is ultimately where we ended up. I was hoping that AC Milan would be relegated as they have a couple players I'm keen on. Unfortunately they stayed up..just.

Next Season's Goals

- Sign Pazzini

- Find 2x Full Backs as this is where I'm weak

- If we achieve the above, I think we can push for a Europa League Spot

- Improve Youth Coaching / Recruitment / Facilities even further so we can start producing high quality youngsters

- Go on a good cup run. No reason why we can't win it

I haven't got there yet. What with Christmas and New Year and real life I haven't been playing much until last week. It's currently late Jan 2038 and the World Cup is at the end of the season.

I promise I will go into a bit of detail when I get there because I know it's a big deal. :o

Sorry! I got a little eager. There hasn't been any major tournament action for quite some time, and I am nowhere near it yet with my save, so I am in need of a fix!

Aye, im taking a different route. Get established in Serie A. Develop youth facilities and coaching and then go for the national team.

I am doing something similar, though I have changed the focus a bit from last year (FM13 for me), where the focus was the club side until late on in the Serie B, then I started to try and get the national side better, so they both grew together.

It has been a bit tougher doing that this time around, so I have been focusing solely on the club side for now. do have a player to now base my national team around, and we are starting to get some results, so I am starting to lend a bit of focus that way now to.

I am doing something similar, though I have changed the focus a bit from last year (FM13 for me), where the focus was the club side until late on in the Serie B, then I started to try and get the national side better, so they both grew together. It has been a bit tougher doing that this time around, so I have been focusing solely on the club side for now. do have a player to now base my national team around, and we are starting to get some results, so I am starting to lend a bit of focus that way now to.
Good stuff. How long did it take for the national job to become available to you?

Good stuff. How long did it take for the national job to become available to you?

I was there from the start, but I just didn't worry about it at all. Even now, I am ranked 140th I think? But I have just come off the back of a few draws in qualifiers. 1-1 with Iceland, 1-1 with Israel and 2-2 with Georgia.

Paredes records record, 4 goal haul, as San Marino go top after 10 games undefeated!

New season signing, Leandro Paredes, 30, is having a stellar start to his time at Titani, after a slow start to life in the blue and white. Paredes was behind Hulse and Sabbioni in the pecking order, but Hulse's injury and poor form from Sabbioni has seen Paredes see 9 matches with 8 starts. 6 of these have been in the league as he helps the side to its 10th unbeaten match in the league, to sit 3 points clear on top with a game in hand.

Paredes has also been lethal from his attacking play, notching 7 goals in 6 league games, including a 4 goal haul against Atalanta in the 5-3 demolition. The 4 goal haul is a San Marino record, which has stood for over 10 years.

"It was great to just have the opportunity to play with such a great side, and to have the coach show so much faith in me so early in the season. I still have a lot of work to do to get into my best form and really gel with the team, but I am happy with how things are going, and how well the team is playing"

The ever humble Paredes should start in the Champions League tie midweek against Porto, a must win match to keep their progression alive, as they currently sit 3rd, behind Porto (9), and PSG (4).

Champions League progression for Titani. The new Maiden Voyage

For the first time in their history, Titani have qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League, and it occured with such a dramatic run to overcome the odds in a group surrounded by Porto, PSG and Tel Aviv.

After losing their opening round matches to Porto (3-0) and PSG (4-1), things did not look good for the Sammarinese side, however they fought hard in the second leg matches to overturn the ties. First by beating Porto 2-1, followed by a narrow 1-0 over PSG. Tel Aviv were then dispatched to give Titani a total of 12 points from their 6 matches, drawing them level with Porto, and putting them ahead of PSG on 10.

The result is a second place finish, qualifying them for the next stage of the competition.

"We needed some good results and some things to fall our way, and that happened in the second part of the group stages. The boys played well and our training moves paid off. Ofcourse we are happy to progress, but we know there is a lot of work to do and we hope to make it further in the tournament still"

San Marino stagger to first over the New Year line as teams slip up

San Marino hold onto first place in the Serie A, but just barely, as a number of sides at the top drop plenty of points.

Titani, who went 8-2-0 in the opening 10 matches for an undefeated start, have stumbled in a big way as they lost back to back games to Inter (3-0) and Napoli (2-0), whilst dropping out of the Italian Cup to Udinese 2-1.

The poor form comes on the back of a fantastic Champions League run to progress out of the group stages to the knockout rounds.

"We have had a tough run of games approaching the Christmas period, and a lot of games have caused us to fatigue. We have let the Champions League get to the for front of our minds, but now that we are through the group stages, we need to get our concentration back on the league and try to keep ourselves near the top"

Out of good fortune for Titani though, Palermo have also slipped with a 0-0 draw away to Atalanta, which has kept the blue and white 2 points clear as we enter 2025, but they have lost their game in hand.

Reigning champions Juventus are currently in 5th and now only 6 points off the pace on 30, after having a difficult run of things early. Their form has them once again back in the title race as the top of the table congests with the early pace setters faultering over the last few weeks.

San Marino ring in the new year with eight goal thumping

Paredes was the star on an night San Marino set out to break records.

The Argentinan continued his fantastic season, netting another 4 goal haul ans San Marino ran out 8-1 victors over a lethargic Udinese side.

After conceding a penalty in the firs 2 minutes, and going a goal down, Titani hit back twice within the first 10 minutes and never looked back. Rounding out the win was Paredes who continues to shine, scoring his second 4 goal haul of the season, and now has 16 goals to his name.

San Marino now sit 5 points clear after 18 games as Palermo dropped all 3 points and slipped to third in a 3-1 loss to Sampdoria, which now lifts the Blucerchiati above Palermo into second.

San Marino 8 (Paredes 8, 33, 70, 74; Grana 9; Sabbioni 46, 51; Arcos 80)

Udinese 1 (Fernandes pen 2)

We have finished the 2018-19 season and moved into our new stadium for a new season now. Here is an overview of our progress.

Club Competitions:

Serie A - We finished with a massive bang here, a superb second half of the season leading us to snatch 4th on the final day of the season. This qualifies us for the Euro Cup next season!

Italian Cup - A narrow aggregate defeat to Juventus in the semi's ended our good little run here.

Facilities:

We have now moved into our new 21133 seater stadium. In addition, we have further youth & training upgrades to take place the following summer. This should help us compete with some of the top sides in Italy.

Summer Transfers:

Considering the new stadium & revenue increase, I had a fairly quiet window. This was partly due to the good youth intake and also due to good players being available for loan in the positions we lacked depth for the Euro Cup.

National Team:

I've saved the best until last here, with an unbelieveable performance considering we still have 4-5 amateur players in the starting 11. We knew we would have an opportunity to finish above the faroes but the results and table show we have done more than that after 6 games! Although the Faroes are the team we've played twice, we picked up an incredible win against a top Turkey side to leave us 3rd in the group!

This cracking run has almost allowed us to break into the worlds top 100, with us now placed at a high of 103! Hopefully we can get into pot 5 for the world cup qualifiers.

Palermo Loss breaks team even

A heavy 3-0 loss away from home to Palermo has made the final 9 season games a close encounter as Fiorentina also pulled of a later winner over Inter, 3-2 to go level on 62 points with San Marino at the tip of the Serie A ice berg. The loss leaves Inter in 3rd, just one point behind on 61 points.

The top 3 teams have a 9 point buffer over Palermo who currently hold 4th, which makes this a three horse race as the season gets down to the double digit end of the countdown.

"The loss to Palermo was bad, as we have given the other teams a sniff of the title. We need to regain our form, but still play well in the Champions League tie this weekend against Atletico. This will be a tough period but if we can come out of the next run of games strong, we have a chance in both competitions."

Leon was highly optimistic despite the loss and being down 2-1 on aggregate heading into the second leg of their Champions League tie with Atletico Madrid, but this has by far been their most successful season as they are still battling for two titles come March.

Serie A Table after 29 Rounds

1. 62 +36 San Marino

2. 62 +33 Fiorentina

3. 61 +36 Inter Milan

4. 52 +17 Palermo

National Team update (Jan 2038).

The draw for the 2040 Euro Championship Qualifying Group Stages is made today.

San Marino have been seeded 1st for the draw.

Group H.

San Marino. (Ranked 8th).

Belarus. (Ranked 32nd).

Croatia. (Ranked 50th).

Slovakia. (Ranked 62nd).

Moldova. (Ranked 130th).

There are 7 groups consisting of 6 teams and then 2 further groups each consisting of 5 teams. I would obviously prefer to be in one of the bigger groups, but it doesn't make an awful lot of difference. In any case, I can't really moan about that group.

2018/19 - San Marino Season Report

| Serie A League Table (3rd) | Home | Away |

| Italian Cup | Squad |

Key Players

Gianluca Laurenti - (ML) - Another good season for Gianluca.

Giampaolo Pazzini - (ST) - Our top scorer. 25 goals in all competitions. Will he be good enough for the Champions League? I don't know. I don't think I'll be using him as much next season, simply to keep him fresh for the big games.

Matteo Politano - (ML) - Signed on loan, as Assorati is getting injured a lot..Never mind, Matteo has taken his spot, permanently, he's about to sign on a free :)

One's for the Future

Mauro Celiberti - (ST) - Signed on for a few million in the Winter Transfer Window, mainly as cover. However he's improving rapidly and for him, this season is key as he'll be covering for Pazzini. If he can continue his impressive goal scoring form, he'll be Pazzini's replacement.

General

Finances - Further increases to our facilities, youth coaching and recruitment + A new Stadium is on it's way! However, the board have only given me 5 million to spend. It's going to be a tough season with the Champions League adding to our fixtures.

Transfers - Pazzini signed on a free after an impressive loan spell with us. Stafylidis is our new left back and did well for the season. Romagna is a beast of a CD and is also a key player. We spent a lot for him, however he's already become part of our spine. Ramon was signed on loan as cover, unfortunately he was injured a lot.

Manager Profile - Reputation is starting to grow, with Ajax offering me a job!

New Stadium Announcement! - A new 21k stadium is being built and should be ready by June '21.

Review

The whole season was comfortable really, finnishing 10 points in front of 4th place meant that the end of the season was quite relaxing for the first time in the challenge. It was a season of dreams, with a new Stadium being confirmed, along with increases to the Youth Recruiment and Coaching Budget + improvements to our training facilities. I was a little disapointed that we didn't do better in the Cup, however, qualification for Europe was the goal, no matter how it was achieved.

I didn't expect to get in to the Champions League.

We had 0 prospects come through to the u18's this season. They were all shocking (less than a star potential) so they were all sacked on day one.

Next Season's Goals

This is difficult, the board have only given me a 5m budget, so I'm only going to be able to make one major signing.

- Sign a MC to partner Strachan as Sensi and Innocenti aren't good enough for the top end of the league.

- Get to the group stage of the Champions League and at least finish 3rd in that group.

- Push for 2nd in the league

- Get some decent local regens (pure luck I know!)

World Rankings Announced (Mar 2038).

San Marino have dropped 2 places in the World rankings, (despite not playing any games).

Brazil are still ranked 1st,

Palestine are the most improved Nation, moving up from 126th to 98th after wins against Laos, Pakistan & Singapore,

World Rankings Announced (Mar 2038).

San Marino have dropped 2 places in the World rankings, (despite not playing any games).

Brazil are still ranked 1st,

Palestine are the most improved Nation, moving up from 126th to 98th after wins against Laos, Pakistan & Singapore,

World Cup time is just around the corner!! End of March means 3 months to go!!! :)

World Rankings Announced. (Apr 2038).

San Marino have moved up 1 place to 9th in the World Rankings, (after beating DR Congo 4-1 in a friendly).

Brazil are still ranked 1st.

The most improved Nation is Mozambique, who moved from 127th to 101st in the rankings, (after wins against Somalia and Botswana).

San Marino face Los Blancos as they go for their first European Glory

San Marino came back from the ashes, after going down 2-1 in the first leg, to win 5-0 against Sporting Lisbon at home and book themselves a place in the Champions League Semi-Finals against the greatest side in Champions League history, Real Madrid.

Real Madrid go in as heavy favourites, looking to win the tournament for the 13th time, and make it two in a row as they won the trophy last year.

This is San Marino's deepest run in the competition and they have exceeded all expectations to get this far. The deep run in the cup also puts pressure on their league form however, as they are also battling with Fiorentina and Inter for the Serie A title, in what is proving to be a close battle, as Titani and the Florence based side are level on 75 points each after 34 games, with Inter right on their tails with 74.

Edit:

Hrncevic creates 1 and scores 1 in memorable win

The Croatian put in a Man of the Match performance as Titani trump Real Madrid in the first leg of the Champions League Semi-Finals, 3-1 at home.

Los Blancos started out the better and won a penalty midway through the first half to go one goal up, but Titani held their nerve and fought back to level at 1-1 early in the second half thanks to a goal from fan favourite Mora. Hrncevic then turned on the style in the second half, as he created Ondrusek's goal with a well lofted corner, and then sealed the win with a curling effort on 80 minutes.

The right winged attacker has had a bit of a difficult time this year as Leon has shifted the responsibility and formation of the side to one that plays a bit more central, especially with the form of summer signing Paredes and the ever consistent Mora. His record however, is not one to shy at. Although he hasn't quite hit the 23 goals and 22 assists of last season (49 games), he has calmly worked away at a tally of 13 goals and 13 assists in 37 games this year, some of which have been out of position in a more central role.

Leon stated after the match:

"Hrncevic is definitely one of our key players and is important for the team, not just for his ability but for the energy he brings in the locker room. He has had to play a bit more rotation this year with the heavier load of matches and the addition of an alternate tactic that perhaps forces him away from his instincts, but he has still done a very good job for us and has been one of our best performers when he is on the pitch"

Indeed he has been, currently averaging 7.30 across all games this season, and with the result over Madrid, he must be a certainty for the return leg at the Bernabeu.

So San Marino are into their first Champions League final, after losing the second leg 2-1 to Real Madrid (4-3 on aggregate). Congratulations lads :)

We face Juventus in the final. A rival of ours of late, who has been struggling very much so in the league this year, currently placing in at 7th with 3 games to go.

In other news, Fiorentina slip up and draw with Atalanta which puts them on 79 with 2 games to go. We are currently on 78 with a game in hand.

Could this be the double year?!

A good way to go to bed as San Marino, for the first time in their history, have won the Serie A; in the 2024-25 season.

Further to that, they have done the double!! After Juventus had an 80th minute equaliser ruled offside, Paredes ended the match, scoring to make it 2-0 and lift the Champions League trophy!

2038 Club Update.

San Marino do the double. We retain the Serie A title, (with 3 games remaining), and also won the Italian Super Cup, (yes I know it's a bit of a cheap double but still).
Jimb O'Kav heads the Italian Hall of Fame. I have now won the following titles, (according to the media comment). Serie A x7, Italian Cup x6, Serie C1/B, Serie C1/A, U19's Cup x2 & Youth Club Invitational. Although it isn't listed, I know that I have also won 3 Champions Leagues, 3 World Club Championships, 3 European Super Cups and 1 EURO Cup. Not too shabby at all. :cool:

Italian Cup. Lost in Qtrs to Sampdoria, (well beaten 2-0).

Champions Cup. Lost 2-1 on aggregate in a surprise result to Feyenoord. Lost the 1st leg narrowly 2-1 and then just couldn't find the 1-0 win at home that would have seen us through.

U19's Italian Cup. Lost in extra time in the Semi-Final against Napoli.

U19's Champions Cup. Suffered a shock surprise loss in the 1st Knockout Round to HNK Rijeka of Croatia.

Youth Club Invitational. Lost on pens to Leverkusen in the Semi-Final.

Youth League. Champions.

I was really focussed on retaining the Serie A title and the fact that we lost in both the Champs League and the domestic Cup really didn't bother me. What did bother me was losing both the U19's Cup competitions. Both losses occurred within 3 days of eachother and I can only assume that fatigue was an issue after a period of 4 games in just 8 days. It's the same every season at this stage of these 2 competitions and even if I don't manage the games themselves, I do think I need to manage the squads so that fatigue/fitness isn't so much of an issue.

World Cup 2038 Preliminary Squad.

So the following players have not been included in the squad for the specified reason.

(DL). Fantini (SMR). Injured. (Out for 2 months with torn knee ligaments).

(DRC). Fabio Molinari. Injured. (Out for 5 to 7 months with cruciate ligament damage).

(DR). *** Giulianelli (Leading Serie A PA). Refused call-up as he has DN and is holding out for an Italy call.

(DC). *** Matt (2034) (World Class PA). Refused call-up as he has DN and is holding out for an Italy call. (He has been called up as a replacement to the (ITA) squad and has accepted. Gutted. :thdn:

(DC). *** Pisano (2037) (Star Serie A PA). Refused call-up as he has DN and is holding out for an Italy call.

(AML) *** Nic Semprini, (Good Serie A PA). Refused call-up as he has DN and is holding out for an Italy call.

(SC). *** Andrea G, (not sure of PA currently). Refused call-up as he has DN and is holding out for an Italy call.

I was hoping that playing in the World Cup might have been enough to entice some of them away from Italy. Alas no. :(

Archived