FM14: Help with 3-4-2-1

I had a brief look tonight and made big changes!

Switched to having two up front and one behind (AF, F9 and SS) and I'm trying an AP on Support beside a CM (D).

It's less solid centrally as a result, but has dominated games, so I'll bear with it.

My 343 has two DWs, with a CMd and APs in the middle. The CMd used to be a DLPd but that was roaming around too much and leaving holes in the formation. Up front I've got a DLFs and AFs, with an IFs in the old FR position. I just won my first game with 9-0 with this setup. :eek:

Hey Guys! Really a useful thread I gotta say!

Have any of you hassled with a formations more like Juventus with no player at the AM position?

I've been thinking a Little about how it would look like in FM14, I thought either to use an TM(A) or AF and a F9 on top. Then a CM(A) and B2B and the central postions, I guess this is a kind of offensive midfield, but if you look at Juventus goalscores lst season then the midfielders scored a lot of goals. Then either two DW's (s) or a WM (A) and a DW(S). Then a DLP(d) and lastly 2 DC stopper duty and one ball playing CD. Then Im unsure wethere Juventus is playing a counter or a control mentality. I would guess a counter because the're playing a really patient kind of football and 55%ish possession.

Am i totally wrong?

Oh and lastly do any of you have a team suggestion instead of Juventus, but could play that kind of football?

I'd think that the DLP being central and the CM/D being dropped to a supporting DM would provide greater movement between lines. Plus, having the DLP right in the middle of your formation tends to make it harder to press him, giving him more time on the ball and thus more time to construct intelligent plays. Plus, (this may be my Scottish half talking) more triangles.

Been trying this setting the DM as Half Back. Strangely enough my ball possession plummeted to a humble 47%.

I had a brief look tonight and made big changes!

Switched to having two up front and one behind (AF, F9 and SS) and I'm trying an AP on Support beside a CM (D).

It's less solid centrally as a result, but has dominated games, so I'll bear with it.

K interesting, I was thinking about how to strengthen the attacking part of the tactic.

Gonna try a different tactic now: 21412 like this:

.....................................GK...........................................

.....................DC......................DC................................

.......CWB...................HB.....................CWB...................

.................BWM-d.................DLP-s.................................

..............................AP-s...............................................

................ADF..................TQ...................................

Bwm might be changed to MC-d, not sure about the AMC and the strikers yet either. I want to try this because this tactic was completely op in CM01-02 at one point. I downloaded it and won the EPL first season with West Ham with 0 money, won the first 25 matches in a row or something. Roma I think has the players for it.

Archived