AI Squads query ?

Does the A.I know to buy players from its own country if they are short of the required squad needs/league rules ?

The reason i ask is that when the editor is released im thinking of changing the league rules of all european national leagues to the 6+5 rule that has been talked about over the past few months (Basically a minimum of 6 players trained in the home nation in the starting line up and a maximum of 10 foreign players in the 25 man squad).

If creating this in-game will the clubs go crazy in the transfer market immediately and ridding themselves of foreigners to recruit home players, or will clubs such as Man city just hoard their players and let them rot in the reserves ?

IMO the AI is poor at squad building and will construct squads based on player reputation over any type of structured approach that we might take such as balancing youth & experience, buying players for certain roles, not overloading one position with too many top class players (leading to unhappy players all over the squad), fitting players into a tactical framework and using lower rep academy graduates.

Therefore I find AI managers seem to prefer only registering 22-23 players in European competitions instead of incorporating some academy graduates to make up the 25. They don't seem to place any importance on developing their own players which is a shame.

If you look at AI squads as the game progresses they become a mess. It would be great if there was some sort of code introduced so that AI managers build squads based on their tactical set-up, style of play, manager characteristics and ensuring they place importance on keeping the average age of the squad down.

I mean what you could do, and is maybe the best way to do it. Is to create the rule, load up a game, unemployed and holiday until either end of the window or maybe a season. See what happens. If you look and the world of football has gone crazy maybe then make the changes. If it has, your good to start a game and get playing?

Archived