"Takes a dip."

Can you use it in a sentence?

If in football terms for example "drtrick takes a dip in the transfer market" it means you have made a small movement in the transfer market, maybe signing one player.

If in the real world "drtrick takes a dip in the ocean" it means you have gone swimming :D

A lucky dip is a game where you pick a thing out of a box and it could be anything. Sometimes good, sometimes rubbish.

It's the same as the "if you don't buy a ticket you can't win the raffle" expression.

"He takes a dip" = he takes a chance. Probably used to describe a hopeful long shot.

"He takes a dip" = he takes a chance. Probably used to describe a hopeful long shot.

That makes sense, but seems like a bizarre addition to the commentary if no one actually says it while commentating (or perhaps it's Jonathan Pearce, i always turn the sound down when he commentates).

(or perhaps it's Jonathan Pearce, i always turn the sound down when he commentates).

Shameless name dropping here :D his son played against my grandson a few weeks back, had a long chat with him and discovered he's a charming and totally unpretentious chap.

Shameless name dropping here :D his son played against my grandson a few weeks back, had a long chat with him and discovered he's a charming and totally unpretentious chap.

I was picturing you being about 30!

Archived