[FM13]Help with setting up an attacking trio

I have 3 extremely good players forming a traditional Italian "trident" in the attack. The deal is, I don't think they're performing as good as they should. They're world class players (or close to it). They've been performing adequately but I feel by looking at their stats that they should be better.

Here's how I set up my team.

v37j.png

And here are the three attacking players.

AF Caillaud

bniw.png

DLF Diallo

ozjh.png

AP Lugaresi

em3s.png

All three can still improve, although AF(Caillaud) and AP(Lugaresi) are close to their potential while the DLF(Diallo) can improve significantly (at least according to my coaches).

My first idea was to set the Diallo, to be the most advanced of the three, Caillaud slightly deeper to run on the defence and get on the end of passes of Diallo and Lugaresi, and Lugaresi in the AMC slot, feeding the two and occasionally running with the ball at the defence or onto a backpass.

I've tried to achieve that by setting them up:

-------Caillaud/DLF(A)------------Diallo/TM(A)----------

-------------------Lugaresi/AP(A)----------------------

I didn't have much success, I think they've performed slightly poorer than with current setup.

So, I'm looking for advice. I've even toyed with the idea of a following setup...

--------------------Diallo/DLF(S)----------------------

Caillaud/IF(A)---------------------------Lugaresi/AP(A)

... but that's kind of drastic so I'm not sure if I should try it.

I'm open to all idea, even changing the formation, although I'd prefer the most to keep the "trident" formation up front. Any help appreciated.

Archived