Player fitness?

What do people do to keep on top of this? I have good squad rotation but alot of my players seem to be needing a rest alot. Even if I leave them out of a game, after the following game my assistant is telling me there Jades and need a rest

Player fitness is definitely alot different on this game compared to previous. If you're playing twice a week then squad rotation is essential (unless you have a team of players with high natural fitness). The number of minor knocks that players take (although realistic) doesn't help the impression that your team is fit.

What I don't understand is when a player gets under 75% they are suddenly "looking exhausted". Are they the walking dead when they get under 50% fitness? In previous versions you could sub your 3 most tired players and still have 8 players with good fitness on the pitch. This year it's really a case of picking and choosing where you most need fresh legs as everyone is knackered.

In future additions I think the percentages need to go, in favour of things like "looking energetic, looks very fresh, looks fresh, looks in reasonable condition, starting to tire, looking tired, looking very tired, flagging behind." I'm pretty sure most football managers don't have access to the information on precisely what percentage their players are fit after 75 mins of a match.

I agree with the whole team looking exhausted (<below 75/70% ) 60 minutes into the game, whats annoying me is they are not recovering in time for the next game, then when I have a chat with them and tell them ill rest them as they are exhausted and looking jaded they dont want to sit out of the next game.

A trick I kept doing in FM13 was to give the players a day off from training after the match if they were dead tired after it. Players who picks up those "knocks" and drops below 70% condition will get 2 days. I don't know if this will work for FM14 but using this method I managed to keep Ronaldo fit and firing and he played every game except Cup matches.

Archived