FM14: Hull City - #NoToHullTigers

kccircle

download_zps99522b7c.jpg

Brief History

Hull City Association Football Club is an English football club based in Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, founded in 1904. They play in the Football League Championship.

It is fair to say the club has had limited success until the 21st century and doesn’t boast a very big trophy cabinet. The club went on steady rise during the 20th century and in 1983 were promoted to division 3 (League 1), captained by future England manager Steve McClaren.

In 1986 the club were promoted to Division 2 (The Championship) but everything declined from there. Over the next 15 years the club were relegated several times and in 1997 the club were relegated to Division 4. At that time Hull were in great financial trouble and looked certain to be relegated to the Conference Premier but somehow managed stay up after “The Great Escape” where managed Warren Joyce managed to save Hull from relegation, despite being bottom of the table in November. From then on the club steadily rised through the leagues and by the 05-06 season, were back in the Championship.

In 2007–08 they achieved promotion to the top flight of English football for the first time in their history, by winning the Championship play-off final at Wembley Stadium. They finished the 2008–09 season 17th in the Premier League table, successfully avoiding relegation by one point. The previous highest position Hull City had finished in the English Football League was third in the old second division in 1909–10, which they matched in 2007–08 when they gained promotion. Their greatest achievement in cup competitions came in 1930, when the team reached the semi-finals of the FA Cup.

2009-10 saw the club relegated back into the Championship where immediate financial problems saw the club flirt with both administration and liquidation at differing times. Overspending whilst dining at the Top Table had placed the club into financial meltdown, but fiscal spending by Nigel Pearson who came into the club saw a mixture of loanees and free transfers arrive with anyone on a decent wage released, sold or put on the transfer list.

In December 2010 Assem Allam took up the reigns as Chairman of the club when purchasing it for £1 knowing he needed to pump in between £30m and £40m just to keep it afloat. Pearson left at the end of the season, returning to Leicester and was swiftly followed by Nick Barmby the next season who departed on bad terms, a disappointment for most supporting the club.

What followed was a master stroke. The Allams persuaded Steve Bruce to manage the club and a forthcoming promotional campaign then followed.

Hull play their home games at the KC Stadium. They previously played at Boothferry Park, but moved to their current home in 2002, with Boothferry Park set for demolition. They traditionally play in black and amber, often with a striped shirt design, hence their nickname The Tigers.

Stadium

Between 1904 and 1905, Hull City played their home games at The Boulevard. This ground was used by Hull on a contract which allowed them to use it, when not used for Rugby League, at a cost of £100 per annum. Hull built their own ground, Anlaby Road, which was opened in 1906. They negotiated the deal for land between Boothferry Road and North Road in 1929, which was financed by a £3,000 loan from the FA. Due to the club's financial difficulties, no work took place for three years, and development then stopped until 1939. In that year a proposal to build a new multi-purpose sports stadium on the site temporarily halted the club's plans to relocate, but when this plan failed the club resolved to continue with the stalled development of the site, in anticipation of moving to the new stadium in 1940. The outbreak of war, however, meant that the redevelopment again came to a halt.

During the Second World War, Anlaby Road was damaged by enemy bombing, the repair cost of which was in the region of £1,000. The Cricket Club served notice to quit at the same time, and so in 1943 the tenancy was officially ended. Hull were forced to return to the Boulevard Ground from 1944 until 1945 because of the poor condition of the planned stadium at Boothferry Road. The new stadium was finally opened under the revised name of Boothferry Park on 31 August 1946. After Boothferry Park, Hull City, along with one of the city's rugby league sides, Hull FC, moved into the newly-built KC Stadium in 2002. The KC Stadium was named "Best Ground" at the 2006 Football League Awards and holds 25,000 people

Apologies for all links - I play FMC and these are all from this format - some, I presume, may differ in the full fat game version

Hull City History - last 20 seasons

Hull_HistoryOverview_zps6e279136.png

Hull City History - Trophy Cabinet (ok, it's more of a cupboard)

Hull_HistoryCompetitions_zps1d6c4225.png

Hull City History - Player / Team Records

Hull_HistoryRecords_zps8b03eb58.png

HullCity_SquadPlayers_zps7b558020.png

Oddly for a promoted team we have two new GKs

Our number 1 GK is Scottish International Allan McGregor. Signed from Besiktas for around £1.5m he should be the number 1 for a few seasons

AllanMcGregor_OverviewProfile_zpsf63241cf.png

Also signing over the summer is the long term Newcastle number 2 Steve Harper. Steve will also play second fiddle at the KC apart from any injury issues

SteveHarper_OverviewProfile_zps033fdce1.png

HullCity_SquadPlayers-2_zps152f9036.png

Also new to the club is Maynor Figueroa. Signed from Wigan on a Free Transfer, Maynor offers a wealth of experience having played in the Premier League for the last 6 seasons

MaynorFigueroa_OverviewProfile_zpsddd098df.png

Joe Dudgeon is an admiral back up with Liam Rosenior providing cover if required. Dudgeon has only come back from a long term injury but is fit for the start of pre-season

HullCity_SquadPlayers-3_zpsa0b4ae35.png

At right back you have a choice between Ahmed Elmohamady and Liam Rosenior. On paper in a flat back four Rosie is probably your choice, but should you revert to wingbacks (as Bruce does from time to time) then Elmo comes into his own.

Elmo was on loan last season from Sunderland before cementing a £2m transfer over the summer

AhmedElmohamady_OverviewProfile_zps17c7bd13.png

You also have back up in this position from Paul McShane

HullCity_SquadPlayers-4_zps5ba5eea1.png

In the middle of the defence you have plenty of choices. There are six players who can play there covering both the left and right side.

I could order them, but that would be my own preference. However, realistically it would be Curtis Davies plus one other for the majority of the season. Curtis being another new signing over the summer

CurtisDavies_OverviewProfile_zps4a90818d.png

For the purposes of giving a fair account of who the best choices would be I would look towards James Chester with Abdy Faye providing back-up, however Paul McShane seems to get selected when you auto-pick

JamesChester_OverviewProfile_zpsecae493b.png

HullCity_SquadPlayers-6_zps140fc19a.png

The left side of midfield / attack is certainly stronger than the right. There are in reality three players who are almost on a par with each other. These being Sone Aluko, Robbie Brady and George Boyd. All played significant parts towards gaining promotion, but in order for a wide spot I would rate Aluko above the other two. As for playing in a more advanced role I would opt for Boyd above the other two.

Brady I feel will get a stat improvement after the January window as i feel from playing a season or two he will not reach the heights in the game that he might not do in real life (personal opinion having not seen the editor data)

HullCity_SquadPlayers-7_zps01aeb03c.png

There are fewer choices for a right sided birth and this is where I would suggest you start to look to improve on. Both Robert Koren and Elmo are adequate at this role but you have some funds to splash out and this is where you might gain the most

RobertKoren_OverviewProfile_zps11cad296.png

HullCity_SquadPlayers-8_zpsedf77f9a.png

Up front you have two loaned in strikers in Gedo and Danny Graham. Neither are what you might term prolific and nothing you want to build around for the future. Saying that, they are good enough for the first season as a back up. Yannick Sagbo should be your main striker, however if you can bring in someone who is better then I would advise you do so. In my test season none of the main strikers got anywhere near double figures and seeing as the team finished 6th you can see their lack of contribution

YannickSagbo_OverviewProfile_zps98b81e40.png

DannyGraham_OverviewProfile_zpsb71bb19c.png

Good luck to anyone taking on the challenge of managing Hull City. There is a big enough mix of players to allow you to play any formation of choice with a little transfer pot of c£5m to add to your squad if required. The board ask you to avoid relegation and as previously mentioned I managed 6th on my first go. Sadly, due to an earlier finance bug that save is now deleted and a new start for me beckons.

Im playing as hull i brought in balanta who i only could afford when paying some of his fee over 48 months kind of wish i bought Erazo now :/ Also brought in bolatti and got honda coming in jan :D Proschwitz went out on loan and trying to get rid of some of the deadwood so i can get damaio! No one is offering for fryatt, mclean, bruce and meyler!

I tried for Honda but seemed to end up in a bidding war with what seemed like 45 other clubs. He moved somewhere in Spain I think.

In my first save Damaio was interested albeit on mega money, but this time I'm sticking with Sagbo. I've only brought in two loanees Salvio and Gaitan - both from SLB - whichever Portugese team they are! (I forget)

Benfica. Yeah damaio wants 40k but if you get rid of graham and send Gedo back you can basically free up the wages from that. I thought the wingers was a position hull had in abundance -aluko, boyd, brady and elmohammady but great signings. Gaitans allways performed when ive had him on Fm13 and he looked good on the Beta.

Sold Chester so i could buy honda sooner rather than waiting till jan! Plays one game and dislocates his shoulder in training! But doing okay so far played 7 won 2 drawn 4 lost 1

Also struggling to get the best out of Balanta - Playing as limited defender (stopper) :/ Got Erazo coming in jan

Loving the title of this thread, #NOTOHULLTIGERS!

Might have to start a game with City, i always struggle with them as i try and base it on real life which is quite hard. Might load it up now. What system are you all playing? Any strikers out there you can recommend? As we look very short up top.

Ive mixed my systems playing 5-3-2 with wing backs like they do in real life sometimes and also playing 4-2-3-1 which is the formation i like the most, but 5-3-2 seems effective.

Sagbo is doing well for me hes got 8 in 17 Pl games. But i sent back Gedo and Graham and bough in Damiao for £3.7mil. You should definately start a save its a challenge! I think the areas that need strengthening the most are midfield and defence just some more strength in depth is needed i think. When Livermore and Huddlestone are out you struggle and Koren is aging.

Its Christmas in my save im 12th and not doing as well as i had hoped but i can see improvement if i get better players. Played 19 won 4 drawn 9 lost 6

I'm playing 41311 with the middle three being LM CM and RM. The others are a DM, AM and striker with a regular back four.

I'm inbetween Xmas and New Year and Thudd has 11 goals and 7 assists. I've set him up to shoot from range. I will post some stats when I can - probably tomorrow now though

Here is the league table as of New Years Day. An incredible start. This is my second 'first' season having finished 6th last time

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages_zpsc766ae63.png

I've also attached a screen shot of the squad.

I'm playing 41311 with a LM CM and RM in midfield. My focus is to play using the wings and allowing Huddlestone to strike from range. He is performing amazingly well for me so far

Position wise, my first XI is a mix up of...

GK McGregor

DL Figueroa with Dudgeon rotating occasionally

DR It was Rosie, then Elmo but not a new signing - Mayke

DC Perm two from McShane, Chester and Davies

DM and CM Perm two from Livermore, Huddlestone, Meyler and Quinn

LM Aluko, Boyd or Brady

RM Loan signing Salvio or Koren or Elmo

AM Gaitan or Koren or Boyd or Aluko

CF Graham, Sagbo or Boyd or Aluko - it is a problem position for me

HullCity_SquadPlayers-10_zps82780690.png

Additionally, I have had a look through the top two divisions at some ex-Tigers. I might have missed one or two and will have a look at the next two divisions another night. Altidore is currently in the reserves for Sunderland and I'm keeping an eye on him.

Leon Cort

Vito Mannone

Michael Turner

Scott Wiseman

Martyn Waghorn

Kamil Zayatte

Mark Noble

Josh King

There are more but Photobucket has just gone down for maintenance I think

I started my save again knowing what i know now i think i can do better than i did first season. First thing not to do was buy Balanta! Good stats but awful decisions made so many mistakes it was annoying. So i started again and i brought in strandberg who was a personal fave from fm13, bellusci, honda and salvio on loan! Lets see how it goes!

Season 2013/14

I've just finished my first season, and boy what a season!

We ended up in 6th place. For most of the season we were sat in the top 6 and even placed in the top 4 on some weeks but an end of season implosion meant we dropped to a hugely impressive 6th place

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages_zps375f9889.png

HullCity_SquadPlayers_zps4988ae14.png

HullCity_SquadPlayers_zps4988ae14.png

It's late, but I need to try to get my hands on my loan signings to just stay at the same level. Livermore is agreed at £3.5m

As for current Tigers, I think Harper, Elmo, Rosie, Dudgeon, Quinn, Fryatt and possibly Sagbo will be leaving. Leaves a big hole but next season will be the one where Thudd gets his England spot back

Season 2014/15

After a Top 6 finish in the first season I struggled to get a squad together over the summer period.

I signed Jake Livermore on a permanent deal for £3.5m and then added Kyle Naughton for £2.1m to play left back (covering right back) as I offloaded Liam Rosenior to Huddersfield. I didn't have a lot of spare cash to spend and with my best two players in the first season being loanees I needed to replace these just to get back to where I was.

My next target was a striker. Unbelievably Edin Dzeko came on the market with a view to a loan. Man City agreed to loan him to me without any wage payments although I had to pay something like £100k per week as a loan fee. With Dzeko in the bag I thought I'd made my best ever signing on any version of FM. How wrong I was!

Other outgoings over the summer were Quinniesta to Bournemouth and Dudgeon to Blackburn. Together these sales raised (with Rosie) around half a million. In addition to these I released Abdy Faye, Steve Harper, Aaron Mclean, Matty Fryatt, Alex Bruce, Tom Cairney and Cameron Stewart - all of which were signed up by clubs in either the Championship or lower (apart from TC who remains without a club)

This left me with a squad light in numbers and with no replacements for the star AMC and RM from the previous season. I looked at getting them back but Benfica wanted something like £2m a month for the privilege.

Next to sign was Burdisso from Boca in Argentina - a defensive rock who I wanted to pair up with either Chester or Davis

This left me with a defensive unit of

McGegor / Jakupovic

Naughton / Figueroa

Chester / Davies

Burdisso / Mcshane

Mayke / Elmohamady

As most were interchangeable I thought that would be ok as my second season aims were to deliver top half only, something I thought would be easily deliverable after finishing 6th.

With Meyler, Livermore and Huddlestone I had three players good enough to play in my MC and DMC slots so my next aim was for some creativity. I splashed £6m on a player my scout found called Tomas Martinez from River Plate (he may be a household name to many but I'd not heard of him.) In addition to this i snapped up Victor Moses on loan and then purchased Gael Kakuta also from Chelsea. I made the necessary checks on that one for fear of a 2 year transfer ban!

This left my attacking options for the season with

AML Brady / Boyd / Moses / Aluko

AMR Kakuta / Moses

AMC Kakuta / Martinez / Boyd

FOR Dzeko / Sagbo / Aluko

I was quite impressed in the end with my recruitment but after game 18 I was bottom of the league.

So, what happened?

1) McGregor got injured meaning I had to play Oxley on the bench

2) Jakupovic got injured meaning I had to play Oxley as first choice with no back up other than a youth player

3) Dzeko didn't score until the 9th game of the season

4) Martinez is the most injury prone player I've come across

Coming into the January window my job was under threat. I had three games where the media were stating that a failure to win would result in my dismissal

Saying all that, i performed well in the cup competitions

In the League Cup I made it all the way to the Semi Finals and was 4-1 up in the first leg. This score was reversed in the second leg with West Brom winning on penalties

In the Europa League I managed to qualify from a group that included Leverkusen before losing to Inter Milan in the first round of the knockout competition.

In the FA Cup I made it to the 6th round before being hammered 0-5 vs Manchester City

Back in the league, I had a squad of mis-firing injured players leading up to Christmas. In the January window I went for a little more creativity. Brady wasn't doing it and i'd lost patience with Boyd. Aluko played when fit but he wasn't fit very often. I managed to loan in Zukar from CSKA for the remainder of the season and also picked up Capoue and Pineaar from Tottenham and Everton respectively.

Pienaar was an immediate smash scoring a hattrick on his debut on the right wing. Capoue became a bedrock at DMC replacing Livermore and Zuber rotated with whoever else was fit on the left wing.

Results improved so much that we ended up in 9th place. We never had a real run but managed several games with just an odd defeat here and there. February was a write off though with consecutive defeats to Inter Milan (twice) Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City (twice) scoring 3 goals to the 18 conceded.

9th was a good finish considering we were last on game week 18.

Plans for next season include a new GK, DC and a quality striker. Additionally the ME suits good wingers so I will be on the search for one or two to improve what I have got.

Outgoings should include Oxley, McShane, Figueroa, Davies, Meyler, Boyd plus the release of Dzeko and Zuber back to their parent clubs. Pienaar and Capoue left in April following lengthy injuries. If Capoue is on the market I will be back in for him

League Table

Transfers

TomHuddlestone_OverviewProfile_zps5748945e.png

EdinDzeko_OverviewProfile_zps5ba29997.png

GaeumllKakuta_OverviewProfile_zps2d35cc74.png

Well i started this save a while ago but i thought i might as well share my success now.

I looked at the squad and thought we really lacked something upfront and on the wings. I had two targets that i wanted, but knew it would be hard to get them. Tom ince and Leandro Damiao. Both where not been tracked by other clubs, what i was really surprised at. After scouting them i saw that the prices weren't unbelievable either, however to get them both i would need to offload some players first. I loaned out basically every youngster i had, Townsend, Wilsons etc... I then looked at the first team players i didn't need, Fryatt had a lot of interest and managed to get 2.1M for him which was brilliant considering he wouldn't have played for me. Next was Big Nick who i managed to send on loan for 200k a month which yet again was unbelievable. With this and the funds i had i managed to get Tom Ince and Damiao.

My tactic was simple Ince and Elmo on the wings with Aluko behind Damiao with Livermore and Huddlestone in the middle of midfield. It was good, but it lead to a lot of inconsistencies. I have struggled to score, Damiao has 12 in January no-one else has more than three. Defensively i am considering far to many, neither of my full backs are playing that well and Davies has struggled for form. In January i am sat 13th, i am only three off 8th but i am quite happy. I am planning long term with this team and trying to keep it realistic.

I am looking at strengthening in the summer, Kakuta is a target however i am unsure who else to sign currently.

I have to say i think i have done that this summer.

Anyway my first season finished off okay, i did what i thought i would, i wanted to stay up and i did, we managed to do well in the FA Cup Semi Final but lost to Man City 4-1 which was pretty disappointing. I wasn't to happy with 15th i was in the top half for most of the first half of the season but i dropped. I struggled to score i really did, but i am looking at bringing in someone alongside Damiao. Steven Fletcher is available, i have already brought in Corchia for RB, and Boudebouz for the left wing. Giaccherini is a potential MC to, Livermore is hopefully coming in permanantly aswell.

• 2 weeks later...

Season 2015/16

We finished in 4th place. Champions League football was sealed with 3 games to go.

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages_zps3be64545.png

As you can see from the graph the season was one of improvement as we went on. I offloaded quite a few players at the end of the previous season. We said goodbye to Brady, Sagbo, Figueroa, Jak, Oxley, Elmo and Chester netting £7m in the process.

With the additional transfer income allotted to us we had a decent warchest to improve the team. The main incoming players were Luciano Vietto, Gary Medel, Steven Zuber and Alex Smithies. I panicked slightly as the squad numbers were insufficient so also picked up three loans in Wallace, Zohore and Cuevas

Around the end of November something clicked. Vietto went on a goalscoring rampage and we won games like we've never won before. Vietto ended up with 22 goals in the end and Thudd assisted in over 20 goals too. He really is amazing.

This season will see the end to 5 players who earn 20% of my wage budget. Aluko, McGregor, Meyler, Smithies and Davies.

I've already signed 4-5 players who are out of contract and will see what is missing when I get rid of those who are leaving.

I'm quite excited about Champions League football even though it means I'll be in the Qualifying Stages. Fingers crossed I get through and the additional revenue moves the club to the next level

Well you did well getting that far, i didn't quite make it into the Champions League.

Well in my second season 2014/15, i finished a majestic fourth which was brilliantly i was delighted. The top three in the league ran away with it and i was left fighting for fourth with Spurs and Arsenal. I beat them both in my last eight games winning seven of them to secure fourth fairly easily. The cups i did pretty average in. I managed to sign some decent young players in Alan Smith, Kevin Volland and Bakkali who proved to be vital in this run. I also signed to regens Marcus Carey and Loisel both who have five star potential for a total fee of 90k. The future is bright, the future is Amber.

Now onto the not so good news. Arsenal, somehow managed to win the Champions League. Which meant they got into the CL and i didn't so i have had to settle for Thursday nights and channel five. I have started my third season and sit ninth after 10 games with three games in hand. I am in the quarters of the Carling Cup and into the knockouts of the Europa after a fairly easy group. My main issue is no-one is playing well, my tactics don't work and my youngsters aren't playing well. Will Hughes is the exception so a lot of work to do.

Been scouting Will Hughes since season 2. He is currently at Celtic and not interested in a move.

I signed Ribery. He may be 33 or 34 but a relative superstar. I always improve as the season goes on. Been in the bottom half every Xmas moving upwards towards the end of the season. I also signed Carrick too - again ageing but a decent player to play every other game

Alright lads, been keeping tabs on this thread for a while but until now I haven't contributed at all. Enjoyed reading about all your saves, @kccircle especially, great progress mate! Thought i'd fill you in on how I've been doing so here goes!

First season was simply a case of survival. The squad was pretty weak with the exception of a few players IMO, and with the little transfer budget given it was always going to be a tough ask to achieve anything else. Main thing is I survived, I was lurking around the bottom 3 for most of the season but got a couple of wins with 5 games to go to secure survival before the last day. We made it to the final of the League cup too which was nice, loosing 4-1 to Chelsea tho.

Table 2013/14:

1st.png

how to take screenshots

Transfers 2013/14:

transfers_1st_season.png

free screen capture

Here's the transfers I made. All contributed throughout the season, but I cannot reccomend Rescaldani enough! The lad was fantastic and finished 3rd top scorer in the league with 20 goals, him and Sagbo (who scored 11 himself) where key to us staying up. Zucculini was another good signing on a free, provided competition with Livermore for the central midfield spot alongside Huddz. Fernandez was a bit of a last minute buy, I felt I needed a more creative midfielder as I didn't have much faith in Koren. I wanted Gatian but he moved to Newcastle on a permanent transfer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014/15:

After the first season I wanted to try and rebuild the squad as the majority where not capable of taking us onto that next level. I was hoping for a high mid-table finish, with an outside hope of perhaps pushing for Europe but I realised that would take a lot of luck to be possible.

Transfers:

transfers_2nd_season.png

photo sharing websites

As you can see a lot of players left at the end of there contracts, all the deadwood that wasn't needed anymore and I tried to replace them with genuine quality that would remain at the club for a good few years. Fierro was my main signing and I was delighted to get him for what I felt was so cheap! I couldn't wait to partner him with Rescaldini, and I had a good front 3 now when you throw Sagbo into the mix too. Macheda was mainly for backup, and would only ever be used for injuries and the odd cup game. Livermore returned to Spurs and I was close to buying him, but Capoue was transfer listed for the same price and I felt he was a bit better. I felt I made good additions with the remaining free transfers, Eduardo turned out to be my number 1 choice and did well, and I've always been a fan of Adam Smith in previous versions and he's turned out pretty well for me, but he provided cover at full back. Assaidi came in to replace Salvio and was very good averaging 7.03 for the season. The rest where pretty average and did nothing worth mentioning.

Table 2014/15:

2nd.png

upload a picture

Finished the season in 12th which is where we stayed for the majority of the season. We never looked like going down, but we never really pushed on either. There was a little spell before Christmas where we was knocking around the top half but that didn't last long. Fierro was fantastic and bagged 17 goals in the league and was my top scorer. Rescalaini scored 9 and Sagbo 7 respectively. Huddz was player of the year, he is just class. Haven't managed to get him scoring as many as some of you, but he just keeps us ticking in the middle of the park, and Capoue did the dirty work. Zucculini really annoyed me, he finished the season with about 6 red cards which was just ridiculous, and I decided this was to be his last year with me. The amount of suspensions he got was infuriating, and he must of missed more matches then he actually played.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015/16:

We made slight progress from the first season but I consider the squad to still be in the process of rebuilding. I wanted to ship out a few players before this season and really try and bring in some new blood that could try and get us into that top half and maybe even Europe. Allam helped us out by giving me a nice £10m to spend, and when I sold a few players too I had a budget that was actually pretty good.

Transfers 2015/16:

3rd_season.png

upload pictures online

As you can see, once again a lot of players left that where no longer needed. Fernandez wasn't really cutting it and was on a hefty wage that I needed to pay in order to attract him first season, so decided to offload him for a couple of mil. As I said, Zucculini really annoyed me last year with his discipline and I made a nice tidy profit on him (£5m) that would bring in a few players. With Davies leaving and Boyota mainly for cover, I needed a new center back pairing and that was my main aim for this window. Bellusci and Munoz came in and are in there mid 20's, so should be with me for a few years. Chester and Boyata are capable of coming in if needed, but these two where to be my first choice. Vitinho came in on a free and will be my new wide man. At only 21 he should improve but already looks a good player, he averaged 7.00+ in the last two seasons with CSKA Moscow so we'll see how he gets on, worth a look tho. Leandrinho came in to replace Zucculini, he's a young Brazilian and looks a good all round midfielder, and Jake Kean came in as my new number one. Only 24 and English too (bonus). I splashed out on Will Hughes but we all know what a talent he is. I'm not sure how he will turn out on this version on FM but in the last few he has become amazing. He will slot in a LM as my wide midfielder (replacing Fernandez) and I hope he will be with me for many years.

Starting XI:

team.png

photo hosting

Overall very happy with the new additions. I feel my starting XI now looks very strong with good backup too. I really hope to get into the top half this year and would be a little dissapointed if I didn't. I'll keep you all updated on how I get on!

P.S, this wasn't a bad start against the League and European Champions!

Untitled.png

free image hosting

Well done HCFC_Clark - I also signed that Argentine striker you mentioned - my scout recommends him as 4.5 stars.

You have the makings of a fantastic side. I've tried to sign Hughes too but not had any luck.

Hopefully you manage to get into the Top 10 (dare I say it Top 6)

I've played him both as a Defensive Midfielder and also right in the middle of the park. He takes most of my set pieces and spotted him knocking a few in from just outside the box

Game is frustrating me. I'm on my third start now and had a crash dump. Something is not running correctly

2015/16 Update:

Finished the season in 7th, a point behind Newcastle in 6th. Was very pleased with how the season went and the squad came together really nicely which was my main concern after making a few changes. Here's the table anyway;

table.png

screen capture windows

As you can see we scored a LOT and where actually the 2nd highest scoring team joint with Man City who won the League. Rescaldini and Fierro where unreal and both finished in the top 5 scorers at the end of the season. Rescaldini scored 26 in 33 and Fierro 16 in 25. Both would of scored a lot more but around January both where injured for a few months which set them back quite a bit. My only concern was the number of goals we conceded which was the 3rd highest in the division, so if I can strike a balance next season then that would be perfect. Vitinho was a great addition and I have already received bids from United of £15+ so if you can try and grab him.

Transfers:

I got a nice £10m to spend this year and had an idea of what I wanted to strengthen. Ideally I wanted a replacement keeper as McGregor was leaving on a free and Kean was pretty average. I brought in Casteels and we'll see how he does. Ward and Knockaert offered a bit more strength in the attacking third and provided competition for the others. Both where relatively cheap and young with the potential to develop and I found it hard to turn them down at what I thought was a good price. Taider joined to compete with Hudds and Icardi competition up top. Overall very pleased and the rebuild is really taking shape now.

ghfjhbn.png

free screen capture

Hoping to line up with a starting XI like this;

image.png

image hosting websites

There's room for players to come in particularly in the attacking third but this is most likely my starting line up. I'll be using this along with the previous tactic I posted so i'll give you an update when I reach January and see how things are then!

UTT!

Currently in December with 15 points from 13 games sitting 4th from bottom...

Regularly getting reports in the media of how under pressure I am and have had to plea to the board to give me more time. If i don't get 9 points from the next 5 games i'm gone. Scrapping the tactic above and going back to last seasons. Hopefully that should sort us out.

Season 2013/14

EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages_zps1df3e1fe.png

Hull_TransfersTransferHistory_zps0ebbe95d.png

Finished in 7th place which was very pleasing. I think I have avoided the Europa League which I'm not ready for

Of my new signings I am now blessed with three strikers who my scouts all rate as 5 star potential. I only play one up front so will look to loan one out next season for 1 month bursts

Waiting for The Walking Dead to start so will post a better update next season

Archived