Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If there are any passing Devs I would be curious to know if there is any work going on taking a look at morale, it's impact on performance and whether it's fluctuations are a little over exaggerated.

Across a number of saves I seem to be repeating a pattern whereby I start pre-season and all seems ok, the first couple of games generally go ok too, but then the instant I come up against one of the leading teams, I suffer a heavy defeat and then morale nosedives leading to an ever increasing spiral of doom where poor morale --> poor performance --> poor result --> poor morale and so on.

I appreciate that there will be correlation between the three things, but to me at least, it feels like it needs to be toned down a little.

In my opinion the most important games of a season are those immediately after a defeat. A second defeat really brakes morale and sometimes even the entire season. A win after a poor result however sometimes gives you even better morale than you had before the first defeat. My strategy has always been to make sure we win the game immediately after a defeat no matter what. Mind you, even big clubs IRL have difficulties recovering from poor results. Look at how Man City are struggling away from home this season!

How do you know how the game currently plays?

Probably just looking at these forums. Never mind that that's like basing your choice of hotel on holiday not on any kind of sensible review or personal experience, but instead on someone on the street saying "That one? Yeah, they gave me food poisoning once, I'll never go back".

How do you know how the game currently plays?
Probably just looking at these forums. Never mind that that's like basing your choice of hotel on holiday not on any kind of sensible review or personal experience, but instead on someone on the street saying "That one? Yeah, they gave me food poisoning once, I'll never go back".

Well there is also the demo.

So how many more patches should I wait for before I buy this?

If you haven't bought the game yet, I'd wait for the next patch to be released. The game has some issues at the moment, no question, but it's still fun to play. And a lot of the complaining will continue also after the patch, as they are not related to the ME, but tactics.

I really hope the game is significantly improved come the new patch. I hope SI take their time and release it when it is near perfect.

I won't be buying until ME is polished.

So you've not played it and would rather listen to the moaners on here.

Alright.

so never?

Funny that, it's been a polished ME for the last few years.

Is the demo updated the same as the game?

I would imagine so, I have never tried a demo so can not say 100%.

I would say at the very least it has the release version of the game and the only patch/update we have had since then was to fix the fullbacks ratings a little.

Luckily I wasn't complaining, but I always knew there would be one who would find some extreme example of a game. I thought it would've been Dagenham Dave.

I've just signed you for my League 2 team, or a DM/M© with your name, great mentor/tutor but not really doing it on the pitch. Sort it out. Less time on here, more time getting me promotion please. Thanks.

Luckily I wasn't complaining, but I always knew there would be one who would find some extreme example of a game. I thought it would've been Dagenham Dave.

Haha it only popped into mind cause i was there for the game :) I wasnt having a go at you or anything, i just remember the game very well, it was my birthday weekend out, not a bad way to start the weekend with a 4-0 home win on the opening day of the season, with the new captain hitting a hat-trick :D

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/martin-palermo-missing-three-3-penalties-in-one-game-for-argentina-against-colombia/

How livid would youve gotten when all 3 of your pens had been missed? :D

oops just saw they were against you ...

Well I won the game 3-2 (they missed their last pen and I scored in the 89th) so it wasn't that bad. Preferably, I wanted to win 3-0 :D

A thing i've noticed over the last few seasons in my game is that on transfer deadline day i am constantly being asked

about players i've tried to sign which i haven't even heard of.

I've set my Head of Youth Development to handle youth player signings but these aren't youth players. Last one now was 27 years old.

I am definitely in charge of buying players for the first team.

Bugs forum or not?

I've just signed you for my League 2 team, or a DM/M© with your name, great mentor/tutor but not really doing it on the pitch. Sort it out. Less time on here, more time getting me promotion please. Thanks.

I signed him on my Portsmouth game. Even though I've moved on now, been messing around with teams, so Portsmouth I managed three seasons and then deleted the save and started again. I'm Coventry now.

But on to MB, he's a brilliant anchor man. I'm surprised he hasn't performed, what do his stats say, what's letting him down? What player instructions have you got?

Haha it only popped into mind cause i was there for the game :) I wasnt having a go at you or anything, i just remember the game very well, it was my birthday weekend out, not a bad way to start the weekend with a 4-0 home win on the opening day of the season, with the new captain hitting a hat-trick :D

Yeah I realised my reply was out of order, apologies. Sounds like a quality game to attend, the most memorable game for me would be two games that my team (Leeds) lost, weirdly enough. At Elland Road we were cruising, 4-2 up against Preston at half time, playing brilliant football. Me and my mate were like yeah, lets go for a few pints this is over. By the end of the game, it's 6-4 to Preston, the second half being some of the worst football ever.

The second game would be when Leeds lost 1-0 to Histon, a postman scored :eek:. We were so bad it was funny, the pitch was unplayable, rain pouring, the fans going mental. Great day though.

I signed him on my Portsmouth game. Even though I've moved on now, been messing around with teams, so Portsmouth I managed three seasons and then deleted the save and started again. I'm Coventry now.

But on to MB, he's a brilliant anchor man. I'm surprised he hasn't performed, what do his stats say, what's letting him down? What player instructions have you got?

Yeah I realised my reply was out of order, apologies. Sounds like a quality game to attend, the most memorable game for me would be two games that my team (Leeds) lost, weirdly enough. At Elland Road we were cruising, 4-2 up against Preston at half time, playing brilliant football. Me and my mate were like yeah, lets go for a few pints this is over. By the end of the game, it's 6-4 to Preston, the second half being some of the worst football ever.

The second game would be when Leeds lost 1-0 to Histon, a postman scored :eek:. We were so bad it was funny, the pitch was unplayable, rain pouring, the fans going mental. Great day though.

Nah nah, no need to apologies man :) Twas indeed a very good day out, sadly the game is about all i can remember of it! hahaha :D

Hi,

I dont know if anyone already said this and the thread is to big to read it all.

I noticed that the wingers never given easy crosses/passes for a tap in. They dribbel good until the byline and instead of passing or crossing to the incoming striker for a simple tap in they alwas shoot into the keeper or the sidenetting. Has anyone else noticed this?

I'm playing him as back up BBM in M© position to be fair where he does a job, but mainly bought him to be a tutor so was being harsh. He's not better than my first choice DM and I need back up BBMs more.

I think his role could be the reason. I understand that he's not better than your DM (who are you, btw?) but if you ever need a anchor man or someone to just hold in front of the defence, he's your man.

As a BBM, he would go forward which his age wouldn't allow him to. In the past though, he scored 22 goals in one season for Sheff United :brock:

Nah nah, no need to apologies man :) Twas indeed a very good day out, sadly the game is about all i can remember of it! hahaha :D

Haha, wouldn't be a game of football if you could remember it.

Southampton is asking 45 million for a 17 year old defender whose price is 675k. LOL.

Basically, they don't want to sell. Try and negotiate the price.

The ball winning mid role is one that had me a bit mixed up, i really thought of a ball winning mid, on defence duty as a player who would hold his position and just win the ball back, but in reality he pushes much further forward than i had thought, ive stopped using it as much, i find a player on central mid/defend works much better.

The ball winning mid role is one that had me a bit mixed up, i really thought of a ball winning mid, on defence duty as a player who would hold his position and just win the ball back, but in reality he pushes much further forward than i had thought, ive stopped using it as much, i find a player on central mid/defend works much better.

I don't use them that often, but I imagine it's because the BWM will close down so he's naturally inclined to go further up the pitch.

Could be wrong though.

Hi got promoted to the premiership last season and my sponsorship deals got renewed on a one year deal. That time they were raised from about 3.5 m to 7 m. Now after my first season in the Premier league after finishing 8 they have lowered them again why? Playing with Sheffield utd btw.

Basically, they don't want to sell. Try and negotiate the price.

It is not a case of being unwilling to sell, this current version is nigh on impossible to buy players that haven't been transfer listed for a reasonable value. I've had teams rejecting £70M offers for players that wouldnt even be worth half that. Even if it was just to indicate they didn't want to sell, what professional club in their right mind would ask for £45M for a 17 year old, would look highly unprofessional and make the club look a joke.

I've found that the BWM when set up as "defend" they do push higher up, but also make more successful tackles than a defensive midfielder. The defensive midfieler will be better at protecting the line in front of defence and can pick up offensive playmakers more easily.

I've told my girlfriend that I'm not seeing her today because I optimistically expected the update to be out. Now, seeing that might not happen, I'm gonna have to cancel our time together tomorrow or the day after, if thats when the patch is coming out.

Basically you will be responsible for emotional problems I will have from getting dumped, and I'm sure you don't want that on your conscience even if you are just a corporation, which are by definition perceived to be heartless.

Give it a thought, and I'm sure you will find it in your heart that putting it out today is the right thing to do

I've told my girlfriend that I'm not seeing her today because I optimistically expected the update to be out. Now, seeing that might not happen, I'm gonna have to cancel our time together tomorrow or the day after if thats when the patch is coming out.

Basically you will be responsible for emotional problems I will have from getting dumped, and I'm sure you don't want that on your conscience even if you are a corporation, which are by definition perceived to be heartless.

Give it a thought, and I'm sure you will find it in your heart that putting it out today is the right thing to do

Football Manager, ruining relationships since 2005.

Good to see the inevitable questions about patches cropping up again....

As a reminder, here's the latest state of play, direct from PaulC:

For those who keep asking we have said repeatedly we will roll out updates as and when we have something better that has completed it's QA cycle.

As yet we have a work in progress situation for the ME, and no date set for any update. However as I also said, we are aiming to release one sooner rather than later.

We have had a couple of good weeks of improvements and testing but are not quite there yet. I'd love to say it will be ready tonight or before the weekend but I can't be specific yet.

Anyway, an overview of ME areas we have worked on so far:

- Player ratings have been tuned a little further

- Defensive lines have been pushed up the pitch a little more reducing shot count for some setups and also reducing crosses a little ( awkward as generally our shot count is about right but some human teams seem to have setups that cause higher ones )

- We've improved the detection of CCC's and Half Chances

- Some work to improve logic of when players should shoot or not

- A fair bit of work to the engagement of opponents who are on the ball

- Fixed that under-hit corner to near post bug

- Fixed keepers getting sent off for walking outside area with ball due to momentum

- Improved goalie short distribution for some setups

- Various other miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes

Back to work now...thanks for your patience and constructive feedback :)

I've told my girlfriend that I'm not seeing her today because I optimistically expected the update to be out. Now, seeing that might not happen, I'm gonna have to cancel our time together tomorrow or the day after, if thats when the patch is coming out.

Basically you will be responsible for emotional problems I will have from getting dumped, and I'm sure you don't want that on your conscience even if you are just a corporation, which are by definition perceived to be heartless.

Haha last weekend I actually missed the bus and got late for a date because of FM.

The BWM can play defensively also, not really rocket science, just make sure you assign him as defensive instead of support.

lol casual your reply had be in fits of laughter

cowboy-shaking-head-no.gif

why the hell can't we make the players obey the penalty takers list?

it just pisses me off when some player on 2 goals takes a penalty to get a hat-trick (when he sucks at penalties) and misses it

i just came off a match which i lost 2-3 because the idiot (on 2 goals) took and missed 2 penalties when my main penalty taker is still on the pitch

Reading all the threads on sites like fm base has made me very inpatient to start a new career with mufc but as van persie would say, "I've listened to that little boy inside me" and am going to wait till the patch is out so I don't end up throwing my laptop through the tv in frustration because of the bugggggggggggs.

why the hell can't we make the players obey the penalty takers list?

it just pisses me off when some player on 2 goals takes a penalty to get a hat-trick (when he sucks at penalties) and misses it

i just came off a match which i lost 2-3 because the idiot (on 2 goals) took and missed 2 penalties when my main penalty taker is still on the pitch

Is very annoying, surely a box could appear in game asking you if you want Joe Smith to take the pen or your normal guy to take it.

Is very annoying, surely a box could appear in game asking you if you want Joe Smith to take the pen or your normal guy to take it.

That is a very good call - I'll add the same to the wishlist thread.

EDIT - here it is in the wishlist thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/306914-What-s-that-A-new-Wishlist-Thread-What-you-would-like-to-see-in-future-FM-versions.?p=9197713&viewfull=1#post9197713

Simple reason I don't want that button is that in real life sometimes players take penalties when the manager doesn't want them to. Although having a setting saying "do not change the order" which the players can disobey (at risk of fines etc) may be an evolution worth looking at.

do attributes mean anything in this game at all...??? so i will describe the scenario for you: winger is crossing from about 30 m outside of my box (he's about 15 m behind the half-way line near the sideline). although i have set to close him down "always" and "tackle hard", my wb doesn't even care, "f... it, i will let him do that cross, he's to far away form our box to be dangerous..." so here are his stats (i would say those are the most important ones, when you're crossing) crossing 13, passing 13, flair 15, technique 14, ok not bad but not superb either. now lets have a closer look at his mental attributes: anticipation 8, decisions 9 and creativity 11, hmm not looking good. let's look at the receiver where things will look even more intriguing. his only reliable attribute to receive and finish that cross with a goal (like he did) is his finishing 16. all other important attributes are below average or poor (this dude is 18 years of age). technique 8, anticipation 10,concentration 4!!!, decisions 8, off the ball 12 (not shabby), teamwork 9, first touch 11. it was the second and last shot for my opponent, and guess what it was the equalizer... yeah a team may score a goal on two shots, but if you get the feeling that attributes don't matter at all (this was just one example of many), you start to lose having fun, cause everything begins to feel random... but i guess it's my tactics... shame on me :o

Archived