Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

This has probably been asked already but I apologies in advance. I have been waiting for the patch to come out then I was going to start a new career as I've only dabbled in fm14 so far. My question is, if I start a new career now before the patch is released will it be save game compatible. I only ask because if the patch is out soon-ish I can get pre-season done then when the patch is out I can crack on with the season. Thanks.

As far as we know yes. ME changes are comptable with save games and in general all updates are, database aside. We would not now expect a database update until after the January transfer window.

I personally will just continue with my long term save until the update is out. Others may wait to start a save until the update is out. In my personal experience there will at some point likely be at least 2 more updates afterwards so there is really no point in waiting unless you want to wait until next year sometime

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haven't played in 2 weeks and still no sign of an update. Haven't played enough to give accurate feedback on any of the good parts of the game in all honesty

So you haven't played enough to make a judgement but you've made a judgement the game's too bad to play.

You're off your trolley :D

This game just keeps getting worse and worse for me, take my last game, first foul after 13 mins Red Card, 18 minutes Key player injured, 28 minutes the opposition finally work the ball into the box PENALTY, 41st minute 3rd foul of the game RED CARD all in the first 41 minutes.

NO "get stuck in" instruction and neither a particularly dirty player.

The AI get a LOT of penalties in this game, even when there forays into the box are few and far between.

Close to clicking the "quit" button.

I've played the game and been on these forums long enough to know all of that. However, have you ever heard of the saying 'if you don't ask, you don't get'? For me that very much applies here. :cool:

No, what applies here is if you keep asking you do get, infractions that is :)

I've played the game and been on these forums long enough to know all of that. However, have you ever heard of the saying 'if you don't ask, you don't get'? For me that very much applies here. :cool:

:D I suppose the analagy I'd make here is to Donkey from Shrek asking the same thing repeatedly. Unfortunately I don't believe it actually makes any difference how many times you ask to getting it any quicker.

I'm not sure sure if there is any legal redress for the mods getting you to contribute toward their mental health bills but I'm sure if you ask them for something there are a number of things they could give you :)

This game just keeps getting worse and worse for me, take my last game, first foul after 13 mins Red Card, 18 minutes Key player injured, 28 minutes the opposition finally work the ball into the box PENALTY, 41st minute 3rd foul of the game RED CARD all in the first 41 minutes.

The AI get a LOT of penalties in this game, even when there forays into the box are few and far between.

Remember to click the "leave forum" button at the same time :p

Thanks for the prompt reply guys. I think it's time to put my suit on, boot the laptop up and make a cup of tea on my old fm09 mug. Let's take it slow and let the good times roll.

Note to SI team, I & many others I'm sure appreciate your continued hard work in producing the fm series, thus ensuring I don't need to have long conversations with my wife.

If only every save could be piloting Cardiff to the title in the first season with a downloaded super-tactic, eh? Life would be so much easier.

:D I suppose the analagy I'd make here is to Donkey from Shrek asking the same thing repeatedly. Unfortunately I don't believe it actually makes any difference how many times you ask to getting it any quicker.

I'm not sure sure if there is any legal redress for the mods getting you to contribute toward their mental health bills but I'm sure if you ask them for something there are a number of things they could give you :)

How dare you compare me to the Donkey from Shrek, I find that most insulting. As for me contributing towards the mods health bills, I would love to help out but unfortunately I'm not in a position to do so right now. However one way in which we can both help, non-financially I might add, is by drawing a line under this petty debate and getting back onto topic. Thanks in advance. :)

So you haven't played enough to make a judgement but you've made a judgement the game's too bad to play.

You're off your trolley :D

In defence of FM14, although I cannot play it until the Ass Man not making substitutions bug is fixed (which in a way is still me choosing not to play) and I haven't played for nearly two weeks, I would still rather get frustrated about not playing FM14 than actually play FM13! :D

Oh dear. I'm being quite patient with regards to the update as I'm half enjoying my save atm, but hinting at there being an update this week and then saying that there probably won't be is pretty bad. No wonder people are going mad.

You've got to be joking? Firstly, there is less "going mad" than there was every single day there was no update at all, and second, if anyone listened to you then that would be a pretty sure way of making sure they never give an update on an update again.

Oh dear. I'm being quite patient with regards to the update as I'm half enjoying my save atm, but hinting at there being an update this week and then saying that there probably won't be is pretty bad. No wonder people are going mad.
Yeah it's terrible that they're paying attention to detail and making sure everything is ready as opposed to releasing something that doesn't work just to keep someone like you happy. Honestly though you and many others will find something to complain about on the new patch because that's just what you do

Yeah it's terrible that they're paying attention to detail and making sure everything is ready as opposed to releasing something that doesn't work just to keep someone like you happy. Honestly though you and many others will find something to complain about on the new patch because that's just what you do

Interesting response. I'm just going to assume you've not actually read what I posted.

I'll break it down so you can understand. It's not that they're taking long that's the issue, the issue is hinting that it would be ready this week and then going back on that.

Darthrodent, with posts of this quality I just knew you had to be an Evertonian :)

Anyway, as Neil said something came up and its on hold until we figure it out. That will teach me to even hint at a release date!

That's what happens when you're brought up on the "School of Science" as opposed to the "School of Dwelling on the Past" ;). A Liverpool supporter was initially brought in to develop the game, I heard, but was relieved of his duties just a few weeks before the game's release. It was revealed that the game was to include ONLY the 1989/1990 season and play-testers discovered that no matter how many times you repeated a season, Liverpool ALWAYS won the division :eek:

In all seriousness thanks for the kind words, mate. I've known since the first "Champ Man" game—1992? red box? Manager with a dodgy tracksuit top on?—that you were a Blue, Paul. I was 12 when I first bought that game and I've associated your name with Everton ever since. Funny how you attach labels and associations to people. Keep up the tremendous work and many thanks for testing the strength of my marriage; she still doesn't "get it" after all these years ;)

So 3-1 up and then lose 5-3.

Now, you'd think a side 3-1 down would be suddenly have their confidence drained. But no. Jose Mourinho, no sorry AI manager with 4 for tactical knowledge, is suddenly to see what is wrong and spark the fightback.

Horrible, horrible, horrible.

I love you guys I really do. But you really need to patch this game, or at best bring back the sliders.

That's what happens when you're brought up on the "School of Science" as opposed to the "School of Dwelling on the Past" ;). A Liverpool supporter was initially brought in to develop the game, I heard, but was relieved of his duties just a few weeks before the game's release. It was revealed that the game was to include ONLY the 1989/1990 season and play-testers discovered that no matter how many times you repeated a season, Liverpool ALWAYS won the division :eek:

In all seriousness thanks for the kind words, mate. I've known since the first "Champ Man" game—1992? red box? Manager with a dodgy tracksuit top on?—that you were a Blue, Paul. I was 12 when I first bought that game and I've associated your name with Everton ever since. Funny how you attach labels and associations to people. Keep up the tremendous work and many thanks for testing the strength of my marriage; she still doesn't "get it" after all these years ;)

i refuse to class Paul as a true Evertonian simply because he's never posted in the Everton thread in the football forum :D

I've actually noticed an issue with loan deals. I'm Barnet in League One yet struggling to sign loan players. Arsenal refused to even let me offer to take Akpom on loan, yet 2 days later they loan him to Carlisle, a team who come up with me last season from League 2.

That's the latest example I could think of, but it's been happening all summer.

Interesting response. I'm just going to assume you've not actually read what I posted.

I'll break it down so you can understand. It's not that they're taking long that's the issue, the issue is hinting that it would be ready this week and then going back on that.

Now I know you're trolling. If reading posts and understanding is so important to you, you will know that they never once said it would be ready this week, and have gone back on nothing. They always said hoped, and if nothing comes up and other phrases that mean the same, for exactly this purpose. But, you already knew that.

I should also add that Tampines (not my team) have lost 5-4 at home to Warriors with 4 goals all coming in the opening 4 minutes....

That's happened about four times since already this season and we are only about 6 games into the current season.

I have my own feeling and that is one of disappointment currently. I'll look forward to a patch as much as the next person but I will say one thing on the matter. The last game I really really really looked forward to was Diablo 3. And that was rushed and was terrible, still is quite frankly.

Atleast this was playable, despite my complaints in other threads. D3 just sucked from the start lol.

Jimbob, I feel your frustration, but this clearly doesn't happen every single game. I think that's where I, and many others I'm sure, feel the frustration of this forum and it's what I mean when I refer to white noise. If this happened too often you can bet your bottom dollar that I would be vocal about it—constructively—but vocal nonetheless. How would you react if you were 3-0 up at half-time in the Champions League Final then went on to lose 4-3? Every Saturday, across all the leagues in the world, these anomalies do occur. However, when it happens to us, it seems, the game is broken. If you can provide proof of this occurring multiple times across an entire season, I will join you on your crusade to get this fixed. But it does nothing for the betterment of the game when we come on here berating the game after every annoying loss. Let me ask you seriously:

If you win that game and all that "stuff" happens to the AI, do you still come on here with the same accusatory tone?

I'm not trying to be patronising, mate, so please don't take this any other way than me trying to have a mature discussion with you.

Pot calling kettle black big time here :D anyway you of all people shouldn't be in any rush for an "update" because 5 minutes after it's out you'll be back here with another load of problems that somebody else claims to have but you've adopted.

Yes, I can read your posting history right back to your very first post :p

Pot calling kettle black big time here :D anyway you of all people shouldn't be in any rush for an "update" because 5 minutes after it's out you'll be back here with another load of problems that somebody else claims to have but you've adopted.

pretty sure anyone can do that though Kriss :D

And you'll also be able to see that I've posted in the bugs forum AND provided evidence.

No offense, but please do bugger off. Everyone except those who are trolling like yourself would much rather have updates about where we stand regards the patch even if a setback or two might unexpectedly delay things further. It's how this stuff works. PaulC thought it might be released this week, they found a further issue so now it's not likely - I'd much rather know all this than be bluntly told that it's 'ready when it's ready'.

Go on and try it :)

I wish I could read all my post history back. My very first one was about Scott Sinclair I believe. :D

Anyway. Regards the game, I issue alot of individual focus training, but for some reason certain things are unavailable. For instance, I can't have my players on a schedule to improve their "Positioning" in my current save with Brighton. However, on a seperate one with Manchester United I can.

Im going to hazard a guess that is down to my facilities, standard of coaches, etc?

I wish I could read all my post history back. My very first one was about Scott Sinclair I believe. :D

Anyway. Regards the game, I issue alot of individual focus training, but for some reason certain things are unavailable. For instance, I can't have my players on a schedule to improve their "Positioning" in my current save with Brighton. However, on a seperate one with Manchester United I can.

Im going to hazard a guess that is down to my facilities, standard of coaches, etc?

Facilities. The better they are the more individual options you 'unlock'.

No offense, but please do bugger off. Everyone except those who are trolling like yourself would much rather have updates about where we stand regards the patch even if a setback or two might unexpectedly delay things further. It's how this stuff works. PaulC thought it might be released this week, they found a further issue so now it's not likely - I'd much rather know all this than be bluntly told that it's 'ready when it's ready'.

There's a difference between trolling and merely having a different opinion.

I'm relatively new to these forums, have been playing FM for years though.

I've had so many issues in FM14 with strikers just not being able to score! I tried using the editor to put a player who was ridiculously good for that league into my team, still he didn't score as many as he probably should. There are obviously a lot of people having the same issues and a lot more issues than just that.

I find it really irritating how pompous and arrogant the mods on here seem to act, fair enough there are some people who spout bile just for sake of it, but for the most part we are all just impatient waiting on an update to fix issues in a game we've paid for.

When you pay for something and it doesn't work properly then i think you're quite entitled to have a bit of a grumble.

As for those who say "it's about your tactics" etc. etc. What utter nonsense! Playing 4-4-2 my spurs team should not be struggling in a friendly against NI side Glentoran!!!!

I'm relatively new to these forums, have been playing FM for years though.

I've had so many issues in FM14 with strikers just not being able to score! I tried using the editor to put a player who was ridiculously good for that league into my team, still he didn't score as many as he probably should. There are obviously a lot of people having the same issues and a lot more issues than just that.

I find it really irritating how pompous and arrogant the mods on here seem to act, fair enough there are some people who spout bile just for sake of it, but for the most part we are all just impatient waiting on an update to fix issues in a game we've paid for.

When you pay for something and it doesn't work properly then i think you're quite entitled to have a bit of a grumble.

As for those who say "it's about your tactics" etc. etc. What utter nonsense! Playing 4-4-2 my spurs team should not be struggling in a friendly against NI side Glentoran!!!!

You'll be extremely hard pressed to find where we're being arrogant.

There are a number of issues, which have been pretty much noted. But if your spurs side are struggling against glentoran in a friendly, its pretty much not going to be down to said issues.

We'll go well out of our way to help people or show people how to upload issues. But we we're not here to massage egos either, respectfully.

You'll be extremely hard pressed to find where we're being arrogant.

There are a number of issues, which have been pretty much noted. But if your spurs side are struggling against glentoran in a friendly, its pretty much not going to be down to said issues.

I find it particularly in the bugs section.

As for the second - Spurs could put out a side of U18s that would beat Glentoran easily in reality (being a Glens fan....I know this!!), you're telling me it's my issue that a team with Soldado and Adebayor struggled to bag goals?

Archived