Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

Darthrodent, with posts of this quality I just knew you had to be an Evertonian :)

Anyway, as Neil said something came up and its on hold until we figure it out. That will teach me to even hint at a release date!

PaulC, I periodically checking Bugs Forum and must say it’s incredible to see how you guys almost fixed/reviewed 100% of bugs we are talking about here! Great job! I’m also reported few bugs and it’s extremely nice to see how operative you checked it and answered that it will be fixed. Comparing to other game industry it’s just speed of light -))) It’s very nice to see such communication from SI it gives incentive to report about bugs.

Please don’t give up reporting about patch progress! It’s always nice to be updated no matter good news or bad -)))

P.S. I only haven’t found information about this bug will be fixed http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/374858-Kicking-it-out-for-a-Goal-Kick

P.P.S. If all this bugs will be fixed it’s it’s gonna best ME ever! -)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You'll be extremely hard pressed to find where we're being arrogant.

There are a number of issues, which have been pretty much noted. But if your spurs side are struggling against glentoran in a friendly, its pretty much not going to be down to said issues.

We'll go well out of our way to help people or show people how to upload issues. But we we're not here to massage egos either, respectfully.

This thread has shown firstly how passionate that fans of the game are about wanting to enjoy a finished product at point of sale, seems the beta offered a good taster and then the released version went backwards (I'm sure this will be easy fixed), secondly how we'll the mods do at trying to mediate the feedback in their own time, but finally that although in comparisons to total sales the feedback on here is minimal it can't be ignored for future versions if this loyal customer base is to remain. I want my kids one day to enjoy this game as much as I did but if it keeps going on like this that won't happen

Ok, tell me whether the new patch will require of starting a new game?

Are changes in the match engine and improve the ratings of players are not forced to start the game from the beginning?

I would like to start a new adventure and play a few days during the pre-season, but I'm afraid that after the patch I'll have to start a new game because it will bring a new start demanding changes.

I read that ME is ready, so what else changes refines and whether they will require of starting a new game?

I find it particularly in the bugs section.

As for the second - Spurs could put out a side of U18s that would beat Glentoran easily in reality (being a Glens fan....I know this!!), you're telling me it's my issue that a team with Soldado and Adebayor struggled to bag goals?

When there's an apparent awful manager at the helm, sure.

When there's an apparent awful manager at the helm, sure.

I'll admit I'm no AVB but if i can't lead a premiership side to a convincing victory over an Irish League side, maybe I'll just hang up my mouse.... although I had no such problems in FM13

Ok, tell me whether the new patch will require of starting a new game?

Are changes in the match engine and improve the ratings of players are not forced to start the game from the beginning?

I would like to start a new adventure and play a few days during the pre-season, but I'm afraid that after the patch I'll have to start a new game because it will bring a new start demanding changes.

I read that ME is ready, so what else changes refines and whether they will require of starting a new game?

They will always try and make any update save game compatible. But I cannot tell you this will be the case with absolute certainty because I don't know what likely changes will be in the non-me part of the update.

You've already had these questions answered, the demo will be updated (don't know exactly when)

You can't have the dark skin with the demo because it comes via Steam Workshop, your best bet if you must have one is the skinning forum I'd guess.

Not quite. PaulC said, "why don't you try the demo and make your own mind up?" As he is who he is, and saying what he did, I thought that he knew something you didn't. I would still like to know how we are supposed to make our own minds up by playing a game that we can't buy. :confused:

As for the skin question, I asked for a way round the situation you kindly put forward in your answer to a previous question.

cheers

xxx

Not quite. PaulC said, "why don't you try the demo and make your own mind up?" As he is who he is, and saying what he did, I thought that he knew something you didn't. I would still like to know how we are supposed to make our own minds up by playing a game that we can't buy. :confused:

As for the skin question, I asked for a way round the situation you kindly put forward in your answer to a previous question.

cheers

xxx

The demo will clearly tell you if you think its worth buying or not.

This thread has shown firstly how passionate that fans of the game are about wanting to enjoy a finished product at point of sale, seems the beta offered a good taster and then the released version went backwards (I'm sure this will be easy fixed), secondly how we'll the mods do at trying to mediate the feedback in their own time, but finally that although in comparisons to total sales the feedback on here is minimal it can't be ignored for future versions if this loyal customer base is to remain. I want my kids one day to enjoy this game as much as I did but if it keeps going on like this that won't happen

The issues wont stop me buying future versions, i dont think anything could!

I'll admit I'm no AVB but if i can't lead a premiership side to a convincing victory over an Irish League side, maybe I'll just hang up my mouse.... although I had no such problems in FM13

Open a thread in the tactics forum and you'll soon have your strikers back to scoring and your team convincingly beating the Irish teams. Seriously, it is that simple - it doesn't even have to mean you are bad at this management lark, it's just that you may need to relearn a few things to be able to play this game​.

They will always try and make any update save game compatible. But I cannot tell you this will be the case with absolute certainty because I don't know what likely changes will be in the non-me part of the update.

I understand.

What previously required a change Start a new game in the previous parts of the game?

Does SI currently working on improving the transfer market in the game?

I understand.

What previously required a change Start a new game in the previous parts of the game?

don't think i've seen an update that requires a new game for a few years now (bar data updates). usually if it doesn't happen right away, it will happen at the start of a new season

Is the green dot next to both matches? (I think it is) If so, there's your answer?

nope the 0-0 is the half yellow draw one

I'm relatively new to these forums, have been playing FM for years though.

I've had so many issues in FM14 with strikers just not being able to score! I tried using the editor to put a player who was ridiculously good for that league into my team, still he didn't score as many as he probably should. There are obviously a lot of people having the same issues and a lot more issues than just that.

I find it really irritating how pompous and arrogant the mods on here seem to act, fair enough there are some people who spout bile just for sake of it, but for the most part we are all just impatient waiting on an update to fix issues in a game we've paid for.

When you pay for something and it doesn't work properly then i think you're quite entitled to have a bit of a grumble.

As for those who say "it's about your tactics" etc. etc. What utter nonsense! Playing 4-4-2 my spurs team should not be struggling in a friendly against NI side Glentoran!!!!

have to back you up on this, never have i found the game unplayable before ( though it is a good 90% there) the forwards not scoring often is doing my head in. iv upgraded sturridge myself because i think he is very under rated in game and hes got 3 goals in mid jan and suarez has got 4 and am sitting 2nd in the league so its not like im doing poorly.

it is just so annoying seeing DS and LS getting ratings of 6.0 and under every game or so.

don't think i've seen an update that requires a new game for a few years now (bar data updates). usually if it doesn't happen right away, it will happen at the start of a new season

nope the 0-0 is the half yellow draw one

the game must be ounting that agg win then.

Open a thread in the tactics forum and you'll soon have your strikers back to scoring and your team convincingly beating the Irish teams. Seriously, it is that simple - it doesn't even have to mean you are bad at this management lark, it's just that you may need to relearn a few things to be able to play this game​.

I will try that in hope! I'm experimenting aplenty in this save as i'm just using it to learn new features. I plan on a Torpedo Moscow/Russia national team for my long term save.

PS: any tips on quietening a 3 week old child long enough so i can play?! (will there be something in the patch for this, mods?)

The issues wont stop me buying future versions, i dont think anything could!

It's half the problem. Being an nufc fan it's the same with Ashley. He knows fans keep going no matter what, unless fans boycott on major scale he stays. It's the same with sega, the guys at SI are great but they are falling in line with Sega demands. 200+ changes each year arnt needed as it will only create more problems. If there was a good competitor then things would be different and better it think as we would get a game that works from the start

I understand.

The things that require a new game are database changes, or in rare cases where a competition changes structure (so the Swedish issues would require a new game if you want to play in Sweden). Things like the match engine and transfer market will be immediate and work fine in saved games.

This is EXACTLY why we never normally pre-announce update release details. People get their hopes up and if the QA Team find one issue which means a lot of extra investigation and potential code changes, that's knocked back. That's exactly what's happened this week. Paul C said something, the QA Team found an issue so we've not released the update. Only thing I can really confirm is that I'm pretty certain the update won't be today.

It's interesting that you aren't able to give release dates for patches and I can understand why but such uncertainty over the date doesn't apply for the game's initial release which has a specified date.

It's almost as if the game is released on a particular day regardless of what errors and bugs are contained. You know the fans will pay so it's a case of "get it released, get the money, we'll fix the bugs later". IMO, the game is still poorer now than it was on its first beta release.

I know you have to name a release date at some point but there is an inconsistency to the two approaches here. If SI carry on releasing games that are not great to play on release, people will stop buying games at release.

It's interesting that you aren't able to give release dates for patches and I can understand why but such uncertainty over the date doesn't apply for the game's initial release which has a specified date.

It's almost as if the game is released on a particular day regardless of what errors and bugs are contained. You know the fans will pay so it's a case of "get it released, get the money, we'll fix the bugs later". IMO, the game is still poorer now than it was on its first beta release.

I know you have to name a release date at some point but there is an inconsistency to the two approaches here. If SI carry on releasing games that are not great to play on release, people will stop buying games at release.

ahahah .

*cough* Total War Rome 2 *cough*

Pretty sure Chris Roberts mentioned he wasn't getting a publisher for Star Citizen due to them having a tendancy to force due dates on the devs, CA mentioned the same about having to remove the family tree due to time restrians.

*cough* Total War Rome 2 *cough*

Pretty sure Chris Roberts mentioned he wasn't getting a publisher for Star Citizen due to them having a tendancy to force due dates on the devs, CA mentioned the same about having to remove the family tree due to time restrians.

Also I believe "X - Rebirth" is buggy as hell. Rome 2 has only just about become playable (to an extent). Publishers are a massive problem because they want the cash quick., I hope that's true about Star Citizen, I am really looking forward to it :p

Targets/deadlines cause failure as proven in any business who has removed them. The focus should be on customer needs an gettin it right which actually leads to higher profit

Why do I still bother looking at this thread? Nothing but the same nonsense over and over and over again. I'm not going to look at this thread again till the update is out. I'm not even a moderator. I wish I had the same patience you guys have. I mean, WOW.

Right there with you buddy.

I recently quit smoking and i fear this thread has taken its place as my main addiction.

Also I believe "X - Rebirth" is buggy as hell. Rome 2 has only just about become playable (to an extent). Publishers are a massive problem because they want the cash quick., I hope that's true about Star Citizen, I am really looking forward to it :p

Lol yes Ive been playing x rebirth the last few days, it makes fm 2014 looks like the most polished game ever at release in comparison. Its hard to believe it took them 7 years to do that, even the core mechanics are broken in that game.

I find it particularly in the bugs section.

As for the second - Spurs could put out a side of U18s that would beat Glentoran easily in reality (being a Glens fan....I know this!!), you're telling me it's my issue that a team with Soldado and Adebayor struggled to bag goals?

Here we go again with comparing a computer game to the real thing. I'm not gloating, but I would put at least 6 past Glentoran with Tottenham with minimal effort. At some point we simply have to take responsibility for our ability or lack thereof when it comes to this game. If you or I were playing Super Mario Bros and I kept dying every five minutes yet I watched you run through the whole game without losing a life, from my perspective is the game broken or am I just pants at the game? I'm not saying you are that in terms of Football Manager, but nobody has the right to be an FM master—it takes time and a studious approach. If you're not willing to put the time in, it's probably not the game for you. Sorry to be so blunt, but FM IS A GAME, IT'S NOT REAL LIFE.

cheers

xxx

Meant to reply earlier then a whole lot of junk intervened :)

Well in spite of the Demo currently not having the latest ME it's plenty close enough otherwise to base a decision on as far as I'm concerned, in fact as nobody yet has access to the eventual ME you certainly are no worse off in that respect than anybody else. lol.

Iirc correctly your last version is FM10? if that's the case it's worth 25 quid just to see what's changed.

There are a number of issues, which have been pretty much noted. But if your spurs side are struggling against glentoran in a friendly, its pretty much not going to be down to said issues.

I'm sorry but I find this comment absolutely absurd.

It doesn't matter how bad somebodys tactics are.....a EPL top 6 side should walk past a team like Glentoran.

There's towing the company line and then there's actually believing the company line.

It doesn't matter how bad somebodys tactics are.....a EPL top 6 side should walk past a team like Glentoran.

There's towing the company line and then there's actually believing the company line.

Despite what may be thought, The Mods are all volunteers and do not toe any company line- we are all users and players like you all and post opinions based on personal experience and not what we are told to post by SI or anybody else.

I have no idea what do people mean when they claim there is a full back problem in the game?

urr1u77wlhncob416_thumb.png l7jmje9j0gui8ee58e8_thumb.png fbdk89x29i14b1m0kapq_thumb.png 1kl9ag79yofqpsd3c5ll_thumb.png

Just to explain for those who did not see this problem... I found the same thing in the Premier League, but when I played a couple of seasons in the lower league it was a bit of an issue. I think that is why some users have found it and some have not. Basically in the lower leagues it is possible to get OK average full back ratings but it involves using a particular tactic. Actually the player is not playing badly (quite often they have made a good % of tackles and passes, if not spectacular) but the rating is worked out so they have below 6. It is not a big issue tactically, it just means you get constant calls from fans to drop all your full backs throughout the season and their confidence gets shot to pieces bless their pixilated selves.

Anyway it's been acknowledged by SI so I am happy, can wait to play an epic lower league game after the patch!

Hope this explains it

There's still issues with not having satisfactory replies that don't upset people when it comes to talking to them, especially when players with time left want a new deal. These options haven't been refreshed and it's still very problomatic. Better responses would be:

*This deal is less than 2 years old, there's no chance i'll be offering you a deal within the first 2 years.

*I'll offer you a new contract at the end of the year if you show me you're worth it over the course. (promise)

*Doing what you're paid for does not merit a raise, but i'll considerate one if you keep your form up to the end of the year.

*I cannot afford to offer you a new deal right now and if this upsets you then perhaps a transfer would be best.

Also, players whining about too many rivals. The only good option comes with "it's none of your business" which is really antagonistic. I'd prefer to see:

*I'm happy with the balance of the squad and that i can get everyone fair amounts of game time as long as they merit it (play well and you'll get games)

*Don't worry, you're still my first choice, but we need depth in the team to cover (promise of 30 games a season)

*Don't worry, you're an important part of this unit and you'll see plenty of game time (promise of 15 games a season)

*Some of the players you'll be worrying about are covering other positions (So if it's Wayne Rooney they'll watch for you playing RVP, Wellbeck or Hernandez wide or out of their best role)

*It's not your place to complain, it's your place to earn a position in the team. If you don't think you're up to it then perhaps you should move on (shut up or get out)

Lol yes Ive been playing x rebirth the last few days, it makes fm 2014 looks like the most polished game ever at release in comparison. Its hard to believe it took them 7 years to do that, even the core mechanics are broken in that game.

thank the consoles

You finding it absurd doesn't change the fact that it's true.

As Darth pointed out above, this isn't real life.

And in real life tactics don't matter? So if AVB rocked up at The Oval and told all of his players to stay out wide, only pass the ball backwards and never close down the opposition you don't think he Glens would win that game?

I realise that's an absurd statement but it's no worst than 'it doesn't matter how bad someone's tactics are'.

I can see history repeating here.

Fifty years ago tomorrow the first Doctor Who waq\s broadcast. Nobody noticed since it was the day after President Kennedy's assassination.

The fiftieth anniversary will similarly go unnoticed as it will be hours after the FM14 patch is released. SI - how could you???? :herman:

joke :p

Archived