Football Manager 2014 - Full Game Feedback/Tilbakemelding 14.1.3

They will always try and make any update save game compatible. But I cannot tell you this will be the case with absolute certainty because I don't know what likely changes will be in the non-me part of the update.

great news!!! I was just beginning to settle with the game, putting in prospect all the issues...and now we understand that there's the chance of the update requiring to start a new game...would be really great, thank you very much!!!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is Michu only competent as a striker, but accomplished as a MC? Surely he was Swansea's main striker before Bony showed up and was excellent at that position? All his stats are perfect for being a striker. I think it should be the other way around: Competent as MC, but accomplished as striker. :)

Michu is not a striker. Simple as that.

jam - cut out the petulance. I'm not restarting my save when the game's updated. Not worried about that at all.

He successfully played as one for a whole season though.

I would be interested to see how much the label mattered though. Like, how better will a player be in position if he is a natural as opposed to simply competent?

great news!!! I was just beginning to settle with the game, putting in prospect all the issues...and now we understand that there's the chance of the update requiring to start a new game...would be really great, thank you very much!!!

You can stay settled there's virtually no chance at all you'll need to start a new game, problem is people are having to hedge their bets all the time to avoid witch hunts by people like you.

He successfully played as one for a whole season though.

I would be interested to see how much the label mattered though. Like, how better will a player be in position if he is a natural as opposed to simply competent?

There is a good case for arguing he could be rated as accomplished. This is something for the data threads though in that regards.

Second part of the question, iirc it will largely revolve around decisions (assuming a player has required attributes). Can't really say for sure, as i usually just watch how a player does there, and decide from there if I want to keep playing him in that position or not if he rated competent or less.

Michu is not a striker. Simple as that.

jam - cut out the petulance. I'm not restarting my save when the game's updated. Not worried about that at all.

I'm sorry but when you successfully play as a striker for an entire season and score wonderful goals in very important games you are at least accomplished as a striker. In the game he is considered a better MC than a striker. That's just not right. Look at the empirical evidence and by that I mean last season.

I'm sorry but when you successfully play as a striker for an entire season and score wonderful goals in very important games you are at least accomplished as a striker. In the game he is considered a better MC than a striker. That's just not right. Look at the empirical evidence and by that I mean last season.

There's a whole forum devoted to such issues :)

I am sure nothing will be updated before we, Norway, get the new world champion in chess.:D Come on, Carlsen.

Norwegians, eh? Celebrate anything. I remember being in London the night after Norway won Eurovision, and Covent Garden was awash with Norwegian flags and people celebrating like they'd won the World Cup.

Slightly off topic, perhaps...

Here we go again with comparing a computer game to the real thing. I'm not gloating, but I would put at least 6 past Glentoran with Tottenham with minimal effort. At some point we simply have to take responsibility for our ability or lack thereof when it comes to this game. If you or I were playing Super Mario Bros and I kept dying every five minutes yet I watched you run through the whole game without losing a life, from my perspective is the game broken or am I just pants at the game? I'm not saying you are that in terms of Football Manager, but nobody has the right to be an FM master—it takes time and a studious approach. If you're not willing to put the time in, it's probably not the game for you. Sorry to be so blunt, but FM IS A GAME, IT'S NOT REAL LIFE.
Well yes it’s a game but it’s a football management game and the boast of Si is that it’s the most realistic ever, (well since last year at least) and as such it should hardly come as a surprise if people pick up on areas where it is unrealistic.

Areas such as

1. Far too many shots on goal, far too often, CCCs and HCs not calculated well enough

2. Marking not tight enough and closing down not implemented well enough, especially in Midfield

3. Too many two footed dive in tackles, it’s all very well having a stay on feet instruction but it’s no good if that’s just ignored, besides which all modern players know the pitfalls of diving in, even if a few seem to forget that they had better get it absolutely right before doing so. Now this might be all right if FM was a simulation of football in the 70s but it not.

4. Too many shots attempted that cannon straight into a player standing directly in front of the shot taker, these more often than not are players from the shot takers own side.

5. Then there is control, players with limited first touch and technique seem remarkably able to control the ball even when the ball is travelling at speed and often over long distances with no trouble at all. In reality this is a difficult skill even for players in the higher leagues, if this wasn’t the case then England would be champions of the world, big old kick from the keeper or a defender, instant control from the striker and through on goal.

The ME is not unplayable and it does plenty of things really well but if the aim is to make it a realistic as possible then the purpose of threads like this should be highlight areas that need to improve, not dismiss attempts to do so with, hey it’s not real life it’s just a game.

Unsure if this has been addressed but when on the tactics screen some of the role descriptions don't come up when my cursor is hovering over them. For example with the Defensive Winger I am able to see the description for the "Support" role but nothing comes up for "Defend". The same for the Defensive Forward, the "Support" role has a description but the "Defend" does not. Is there a reason for this? Or a way to see these descriptions elsewhere? I am using the official dark skin if that's of any relevance. Thanks.

Oh dear,

Playing as West Ham, its season 2 and i'm 2nd in the EPL. Problem is, i only have 19 players in my squad and i've just lost 3 of them to the African Nations for a month.

There are a lot of good players available on the cheap/free but i have absolutely no funds.

So i go to the board to ask for some money and they agree, so i eagerly head to my finances page only to find they have given me the staggering amount of £359k :lol:

At least in previous FM's you had the choice to change season expectations and with it a January transfer budget, surely what is happening here is a big fail?

The only player i can sell(Andy Carroll) the deal keeps falling through due to lack of funds, its all a bit silly tbh.

Well yes it’s a game but it’s a football management game and the boast of Si is that it’s the most realistic ever, (well since last year at least) and as such it should hardly come as a surprise if people pick up on areas where it is unrealistic.

Areas such as

1. Far too many shots on goal, far too often, CCCs and HCs not calculated well enough

2. Marking not tight enough and closing down not implemented well enough, especially in Midfield

3. Too many two footed dive in tackles, it’s all very well having a stay on feet instruction but it’s no good if that’s just ignored, besides which all modern players know the pitfalls of diving in, even if a few seem to forget that they had better get it absolutely right before doing so. Now this might be all right if FM was a simulation of football in the 70s but it not.

4. Too many shots attempted that cannon straight into a player standing directly in front of the shot taker, these more often than not are players from the shot takers own side.

5. Then there is control, players with limited first touch and technique seem remarkably able to control the ball even when the ball is travelling at speed and often over long distances with no trouble at all. In reality this is a difficult skill even for players in the higher leagues, if this wasn’t the case then England would be champions of the world, big old kick from the keeper or a defender, instant control from the striker and through on goal.

The ME is not unplayable and it does plenty of things really well but if the aim is to make it a realistic as possible then the purpose of threads like this should be highlight areas that need to improve, not dismiss attempts to do so with, hey it’s not real life it’s just a game.

Sure, but how does that relate to darthrodent's point? All those issues are also there for the AI, so despite the lack of realism it's still a fair fight. So you can't expect things to take care of themselves and need to put some effort into it, which is the way I interpreted that post.

(Oh no, what have I just done? I thought I'd never get sucked into this thread... :) )

Oh dear,

Playing as West Ham, its season 2 and i'm 2nd in the EPL. Problem is, i only have 19 players in my squad and i've just lost 3 of them to the African Nations for a month.

There are a lot of good players available on the cheap/free but i have absolutely no funds.

So i go to the board to ask for some money and they agree, so i eagerly head to my finances page only to find they have given me the staggering amount of £359k :lol:

At least in previous FM's you had the choice to change season expectations and with it a January transfer budget, surely what is happening here is a big fail?

The only player i can sell(Andy Carroll) the deal keeps falling through due to lack of funds, its all a bit silly tbh.

True, trying to run a Premier league team with only 19 players, 1/5th of whom are in teams in the African Nations, is definitely a big fail.

True, trying to run a Premier league team with only 19 players, 1/5th of whom are in teams in the African Nations, is definitely a big fail.

If i was 4 or 5 seasons in i would agree that its probably my fault that i'm in this situation, but not halfway through season 2.

It is entirely unrealistic that the West Ham board would not give a reasonably high transfer budget in this situation, surely you must see that?

If i was 4 or 5 seasons in i would agree that its probably my fault that i'm in this situation, but not halfway through season 2.

It is entirely unrealistic that the West Ham board would not give a reasonably high transfer budget in this situation, surely you must see that?

To be fair, and I don't mean to offend you one bit, but when you're halfway season 2, you've had the opportunity in 2 pre seasons and 1 transfer window in the winter in your first season to alter your squad. And you've always known that you had 3 African players.

Budgets are based on the money the club have and what they can afford.

You should learn to live within your means and have better financial control. Part of your job as manager is to build a squad within the financial abilities of the club.

Why would they give you a big transfer budget when you had a budget at the start of the season? Why should they throw money at you to bail you out of the bad squad management you keep? West Ham don't have lots of money so where is this money you propose they give you going to come from?

It's your fault for bad squad management imo.

To be fair, and I don't mean to offend you one bit, but when you're halfway season 2, you've had 2 pre seasons and 1 transfer window in the winter in your first season to alter your squad. And you've always know that you had 3 African players.

I'm not offended, but the truth of the matter is that the board WOULD give more funds GUARANTEED.

In the past two seasons irl West Ham have broken their highest transfer fee paid TWICE and that is just with an initial expectation of staying in the EPL, the fact that the club is expected to make a profit of £94M in the next 12 months(in the game not rl) that would also suggest that transfer funds would be forthcoming.

I'm not offended, but the truth of the matter is that the board WOULD give more funds GUARANTEED.

In the past two seasons irl West Ham have broken their highest transfer fee paid TWICE and that is just with an initial expectation of staying in the EPL, the fact that the club is expected to make a profit of £94M in the next 12 months(in the game not rl) that would also suggest that transfer funds would be forthcoming.

That they're expecting a big profit, doesn't mean they have cash at hand I think. And if West Ham have good finances in FM14, how come you only have 19 players?

How much money did you spend? What's your wage budget like? How do you only have 19 players left etc?

I spent £14M and let a lot of old/useless players leave.

How was i to know that unlike previous FM's that i no longer get a transfer budget in January?

Especially when overachieving as i am

Also, this kind of thing doesn't help when your already miffed with the game.

Bang goes our good run.

epxcn.jpg

When will SI learn and stop releasing half baked products.Its not possible to start a save game before jan patch.I mean they should take a break from yearly updates and fix the match engine and then release a great game.Last year we had ninja goalies this year we have striekrs missing sitters from inches from goalpost and keepers diving frequently.

When will SI learn and stop releasing half baked products.Its not possible to start a save game before jan patch.I mean they should take a break from yearly updates and fix the match engine and then release a great game.Last year we had ninja goalies this year we have striekrs missing sitters from inches from goalpost and keepers diving frequently.

You should:

a) Read the House Rules and

b) try being better at tactics.

How was i to know that unlike previous FM's that i no longer get a transfer budget in January?

Bang goes our good run.

epxcn.jpg

Straight after........

2uz796p.jpg

Come on :(

:D

Aye, I've seen loads of topic where people say they simply can't save their game. The country's gone to the dogs etc etc

Bang goes our good run.

epxcn.jpg

You're crap at managing your squad and yet expect the board to give you more money. Weird stand point.

Bang goes our good run.

epxcn.jpg

I absolutely 100% fail to see what the problem is with this. Do you somehow think that because you had three more shots, you deserve three more goals? I'm struggling to see anything other than an absolutely expected result.

Straight after........

2uz796p.jpg

Come on :(

Whatever you say, the issues i've just raised highlight why so many people are dissapointed with the product.

If there had been no previous FM's then such issues would/could be expected, but there's a new game every year fgs.

In one FM month i've gone from enjoying my game to being 1 or 2 injuries short of quitting.

Again, this is why so many people are complaining and it doesn't help when you defend the game when you are clearly in the wrong.

Shame

Edit - Oh and even the game thinks i was robbed, first "Man Utd lucky to win" and "lucky Liverpool get suprise win"

jimbob1000 - are you still just downloading tactics?

You've been invited on multiple occasions to post in the Tactics forum, including the last time when you posted much the same screenshots.

Your reluctance to post there perpetuates your (irritating) habit of posting the same sort of screenshots every day or two in here.

You are not asking, so you are not learning, and so you continue to make the same mistakes.

Whatever you say, the issues i've just raised highlight why so many people are dissapointed with the product.

If there had been no previous FM's then such issues would/could be expected, but there's a new game every year fgs.

In one FM month i've gone from enjoying my game to being 1 or 2 injuries short of quitting.

Again, this is why so many people are complaining and it doesn't help when you defend the game when you are clearly in the wrong.

Shame

Edit - Oh and even the game thinks i was robbed, first "Man Utd lucky to win" and "lucky Liverpool get suprise win"

Amazing. It's a while since I've seen such a misguided post. The issues some others have raised may explain why people are disappointed, but your situation isn't even close to that. You've lost games you would be expected on paper to lose, with stats that show you were not the better team. In either game. If that makes you want to stop playing the game then...well maybe the game isn't for you.

And you're now using the game's media system as proof you were right...I would place them far below the real world media, who are of course some of the most trustworthy and non-hyperbolic entities out there.

I'm not playing this game unless the new upcoming patches can solve the numerous bugs out there or poor match engine.

It's a shame as I love the graphics during a game and there is a lot right, just the bad things/bugs make the game un-playable.

I sent Miles numerous mails/tweets about a few things but he didn't even have the decency to get back to me, not listening to his loyal paying fans could infact be the downfall of this once beautiful game.

Football managers 2008-20011 where perfect, the only thing that needed upgrading was perhaps the match engine each year with better graphics, a few additional features here and there and ovcoarse player stats/attributes/new players..

Slightly off topic, perhaps...
We don't quite understand the word "feedback":D

Great thread title. Now I understand.:D

Btw, I played a bit yesterday, tried to use the analyze tab during the matches, and with small adjustments made my team do what I wanted. It is absolutely possible to play with this ME. Play logically to.

Shame

My last say on the matter, after the other results i had Chelsea up next at UP, i have NO "hard tackling" or "get stuck in" shouts and i always remove hard tackling from the OI's. 20 mins in and i get a straight red, at the end of the game(which i of course lose" we had 15 fouls to their 28.

I also got a player injured and one that will get a 3 match ban, so its quitting time.

Really what's the point?

Archived