FM14: Éder Álvarez Balanta - The Beast

davehanson

Éder Álvarez Balanta is a Colombian defender who plays for River Plate in Argentina.

eder-alvarez-balanta_kyke3mtz47lg1haoovzesfm6n.jpg?t=479740177&w=640&h=360&quality=97&cropTo=top

Here is a screenshot of him at the start of the game:

FM-2014-Eder-Alvarez-Balanta-initial-profile.png

Now here is a screenshot of him in 2020:

FM-2014-Eder-Alvarez-Balanta-2020-profile.png

(Please note, the 2nd screenshot is not from my game, just wanted to highlight his potential development)

As you can see from the 2 screenshots above, Éder has the potential to become a world class defender. I bought him for my Man Utd side in the first transfer window of the first season for £9m.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I signed him for my City team for £10M and he went straight into a three-man defence alongside Nastasic and Kompany. He's absolutely frightening at times.

Already recognised as a Wonderkid when I signed him and got capped within a week of me signing him :thup:

Bought him for €4.3M in 2nd season with my SCP team. Have him along with Tobio (€500k).

very happy with him, delighted that I got him at such a sweet price. Expect to keep him for the next 3 years. Will only sell for >€35M pronto

Is he commonly available that cheap or was there a fall out with his parent club?

I was expecting something in the 8/9 milliion €, Scouts (over 18 JA & JP) all confirmed that he would be a world class defender, had the right attributes.

Transfer was dealt by the Director of Football, only had to beat Gladbach (weird right?) to it.

He's over €9M six months later

@Ranquelme, bought him in July 2015, have him on contract till 2020.

@cezar.sl, his NF in my game is 17. It's only been 6 months since I signed him and he was never injured. He was injured 3 months in 2013 and two months in 2014.

I've got him as first buy on my Ajax game at first season.

Now I'm at the start of third.

All major clubs where after him in january second season but I didnt want to let him go.

We had a talk and I promised him to attract players that would suit his ambition.

Second season I won the CL, league and cup with him.

On my third season I signed Correa, Doria and Cardozo (excelent finish / Zlatan wanted 500k per week :lol:). He still doesnt want to renew contract and is dissappointed that I didn't keep promise.

So end of third season I think he has to go.

Anyone having problems with his overall fitness? I'm in the middle of december with Arsenal and my physio has reccomended on 3 occasions that I give him a rest...I rest him for a week each time. I've got him training on it hoping that it'll develope as he gets older!

Bought him in my Southampton save, the lad is performing really poorly so far, no goals at all, and most of all an average of 6.26

Weird

Was the same for me in my Villa save. Fans regarded him as a poor piece of business but in the second half of the season he has been superb. Possibly taking a while to blend in to the squad but he's definitely worth sticking with.

Anyone having problems with his overall fitness? I'm in the middle of december with Arsenal and my physio has reccomended on 3 occasions that I give him a rest...I rest him for a week each time. I've got him training on it hoping that it'll develope as he gets older!
rotate a bit and ignore your staff, and it'l be fine

I'm assuming he has completely random stat distribution between each save, including his personality? I've just tried to have him tutored by Thiago Silva but he rejected and on checking, his personality is listed as Volatile, Confrontational and Outspoken. Jesé was a pain to tutor last year due to the same personality.

Archived