Need help with AC Milan

I'm dominating possesion, shots but never scoring nor mostly even having a highlight with Key highlights on. The other team always score off their first attempt. My strikers and wingers are mainly on 5.??? the entire game. I can't always sub them otherwise i'll most likely end up with 10 men due to someone being injured or sent off.

The team strategies I'm struggiling to understand the best setup for my team. I have an abundance of wingers, box to box midfielders and only 1 really good striker in Balotelli.....

My others are Pazzini, Timo Werner, Andrea Petagna.

Wingers are SES, Januzaj, Saponara, Niang.

Midfielders are Honda, Nocerino, Montolivo, Poli, Ze Roberto, De Jong, Cristante

Defenders Abate, De Sciglio, Doria, Mexes, Zapata, Bonera, Zaccardo, Saporetti, Grimaldo and Rugani.

My formation is 4-3-3.

RB(wing back automatic)-CB(Limited defender)-CB(limited defender)-LB(full back automatic)

DM(anchor)

MC(Box to box) MC(Deep lying playmaker s)

RW(winger attack) LW(inside forward support)

ST(Complete forward Attack)

It's just not working for me, tried so many different options in team tactics and shouts, just have no idea what to do. I have a board meeting to attend as I'm probably on the verge of getting the sack. Never struggled at all in any other Football Manager game, but I'm really struggiling here. Need Help !!!

You need at least one mc with an attacking mentality, otherwise there is no link up with the striker, especially as you have put crazy Mario on an attacking mentality. Playing lone striker formations usually requires the sc to be on a support mentality unless you use a trequartista or a false 9.

Milan are very difficult imho, their defence sucks and they lack strength in depth. I play a 41212 formation and always struggle because all my wingbacks are non-stop injured, tired or whatever.

You need at least one mc with an attacking mentality, otherwise there is no link up with the striker, especially as you have put crazy Mario on an attacking mentality. Playing lone striker formations usually requires the sc to be on a support mentality unless you use a trequartista or a false 9.

Milan are very difficult imho, their defence sucks and they lack strength in depth. I play a 41212 formation and always struggle because all my wingbacks are non-stop injured, tired or whatever.

I've done what you said, and I'm now on a unbeaten streak. First time since opening 4 games of the season. Smashed Lazio 4-0, defeated Genoa 2-1, defeated Porto 3-2, defeated Verona 1-0, Drew with Inter 2-2, defeated Galatasary 3-0 and now I have Juventus. Backline is still a shambles. Doria is the only one impressing, expected a lot more from Mexes, and Abate.

the backline is crap to be honest, you need to invest in better players :-) and hope to outscore your opponents. I've read that asking your fullbacks to close down more + tight marking for your dc's helps to counter this, but I have yet to test that

don't forget about all the bugs regarding defending / fullbacks not doing what they are supposed to.

^^^ Gold digger. I'm guessing you probably support a team from EPL, Ligue 1, Bundesliga and La Liga just to make sure you're guarenteed a victory each weekend ??? LOL Schifo Gobbo !!!!

Please use a picture, so much easier to see then.

My favourite 41221 midfield is a dmc-d, ap/dlp-s and an mc-a. A bbm should be able to play mc-a perfectly fine.

Will get screenshots up shortly, procrastanated a bit. Will upload from photobucket.

Here's my formation

http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/PeterPistola/media/Screenshot2013-11-04at45008PM_zpse8462209.png.html

Here's my recent games. Problems were mainly in September and October. But been on a really great run recently. Thanks to you guys and your minor tweaks in my players roles in formation.

http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/PeterPistola/media/Screenshot2013-11-04at45111PM_zps84c0f83d.png.html

Give him a playmaking role, playmaking CM/DM roles are:

Advanced playmaker

Deep lying playmaker

Regista

Ok so I should then not use Januzaj on Advanced playmaker ??? And use LCM as DLP or AP ??? And should I keep the RCM as BOX to BOX ???

Because currently this setup I have is working magically, picking up an away draw to Napoli 0-0 and a win at home to Juve 1-0 ??? Thoughts on potential changes ???

Well you can see from the image of the formation I had before, since then people saying I need a central midfield (attack) and box to box midfielder really work well together.

I've put a winger on advanced playmaker (attack) the other on inside forward (support) and my striker is either a complete forward (support) / deep lying forward (support) or target man (support).

I'll put a screeny up now of what it looks like. http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/PeterPistola/media/Screenshot2013-11-05at110733AM_zpsc8d91be1.png.html

How does everyone feel about this set up ??? Is this correct you feel ??? As i'm not winning games by much, but dominating and strikers / attacking players have been in a bit of a dry spell. My midfielders have been showing them how it gets done.

http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/PeterPistola/media/Screenshot2013-11-06at74846PM_zpsea942ffa.png.html

• 4 weeks later...

Archived