A few questions for a newbie to online / network games

This year a friend of mine and I are planning on running our career saves via a network game together. I have never used this feature before so had a few questions - apologies if there is a thread detailing how this works (feel free to point me in the right direction) but I could not find one.

1. If I set up a network game on my desktop PC, save the savegame in the Steam cloud and then log into steam on my laptop can I then access the network game from my laptop? (I do a lot of travelling so this would be great)

2. My friend's laptop is crap (his own words!). I am lucky enough to have a superfast desktop PC and laptop. If I am using my desktop PC can he log into the game on his laptop (when he is not with me) and then if he is with me on my laptop through his steam account?

3. If the game is in Steam cloud can either of us access it separately at any time or do we need to have a "server" running (ie me logged on) or both of us online (obviously neither of us would advance through time without the other but this would be ideal if we can set up tactics / scout players etc separately).

Thanks

Tom

Archived