Player roles changing

First off, apologies for not placing this in the feedback thread but I have already written something similar and I imagine it was most likely lost in the huge volume of posts there. Essentially I'd like to check if the below is considered a bug or intentional feature. If bug, I will put it in the appropriate forum with evidence if it hasn't been reported already. There wasn't an acknowledgement of whether it was intended or otherwise in the feedback thread, hence my reposting it here.

I have noticed that individual player roles and instructions set in the tactics screen are changed if you change a player's role during a match. For example, I have Rooney set as a False 9 when in the STC position, however I brought him off the bench and changed his role to an Attacking Forward. Come next match when I started him in the STC position his role was automatically set to Attacking Forward. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, and if so whether it has been reported. However if it's an intentional feature, I'd propose that it might not be the most logical one. Different match situations call for different strategies, and personally I'd prefer not to have to reset a player's individual instructions every time I change his role in-match. In other words, I'd prefer the mechanic work like the 'normal' tactical instructions; if you change a non-individual positional role during a match, it resets back to the original role for the next game.

Archived