In Game Editor

I seem to be seeing more posts from people who have used the editor to attempt to create something unusual in the game. It mostly appears to involve putting higher class players into lower divisions or giving players higher attributes than they have. I have no problem with people who do this, but it may cause a problem on the forum if more and more people start to use edited data to attempt to describe why the game works or does not work. I can see it as being one step away from people not actually stating they used the editor, but they will just use an edited example to try to prove a point. I know there were editors out there before, but I think the fact that there is now one created by SI, it will become a tool that is used a lot more as many people did not like using 3rd party tools or were not aware of them.

I also wonder how many people will give up on the game a lot earlier now and just turn to the in game editor. Take FM13. As much as it was given a hard time at the beginning there were a lot of players who learned over time how to play the game and in some cases broadened their knowledge of football and tactics. I wonder if people will now lose three games in a row, use the real time editor, and then everything will be wonderful again. As I said, people can play as they wish, but I will have a question mark now over what i read a lot more than before especially in the tactics section.

I hope people who post in the forums continue to try to play the game as it was made and are very clear that they edited something when discussing their career or tactics.

Archived