FIFA Champions League - A Work In Progress

LaytonBhoy

Gents, here's the early incarnation of my FIFA Champions League project.

http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/18944218/file.html

Unfortunately, I'm going to need some help to finish this off. And I'm hoping by making the file available to the advanced editor experts, they can help me.

Here is what the file does.

First, it removes all the continental club competitions from the database, replacing them with FIFA World versions.

It lists the top 128 competitive countries in world football, and assigns teams from those countries to three competitions.

1) The FIFA Champions League. The top three sides from each country. The tournament has four qualifying rounds, the bigger countries entering at round 3. The teams which survive until round 4 enter one of eight groups of six teams, from all over the world. The top two sides qualify for the next round.

2) The FIFA Challenge Cup. This is the equivalent of the Europa League in some respects. The next two top teams from each country will compete in the four rounds of this tournament, to qualify for 8 groups of four. The top two teams progress to the next round.

3) The FIFA Silver Trophy. The Cup Winners Cup. One team from each country, based on their performance in cup competitions. No group stages. Straight two-legged knockout all the way.

Now, all these tournaments appear to work well enough in testing. In game, there are problems.

1) The registration system doesn't work. In fact, I think in game it prohibts the top teams from being able to register players properly. I have no idea what half of the advanced editor options do, so I am struggling with that one. In my own game I've removed the 25 man squad registration completely ... but it's retained in this file, for people to mess with.

2) The Group Stage draws, which I finally got to be viewable, are a mess. Something is wrong with the seeding system, which I wanted to set to be based on the club's global reputation. It does not work at all. If you set up a new game, go on holiday until the team you want is about to view the group draw (set for October 1) you'll see what I mean. I have tried as much as I can think of, but nothing gets these teams into seeded, reputation based pots for drawing.

3) The cup final venues. I have tried setting them to be neutral, random and only played in grounds with a 50,000 seat capacity. Nothing works. If someone can crack that, I'll be thrilled.

There are doubtless other, smaller issues to contend with here. But those are the annoying ones to me.

I leave this competition in the capable hands of you wonderful people, in the hope that between us all we can get this working right. The earlier versions, which I made on the basic editor in FM2012 and FM2013 are a lot of fun to play, and create a very tough, elite football tournament.

Adding the Cup Winners Cup was a wee additional extra this year, but it seems to work well. These tournaments have awards too, by the way, but feel free to add others.

Cheers in advance guys.

Gents, here's the early incarnation of my FIFA Champions League project.

http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/18944218/file.html

Unfortunately, I'm going to need some help to finish this off. And I'm hoping by making the file available to the advanced editor experts, they can help me.

Here is what the file does.

First, it removes all the continental club competitions from the database, replacing them with FIFA World versions.

It lists the top 128 competitive countries in world football, and assigns teams from those countries to three competitions.

1) The FIFA Champions League. The top three sides from each country. The tournament has four qualifying rounds, the bigger countries entering at round 3. The teams which survive until round 4 enter one of eight groups of six teams, from all over the world. The top two sides qualify for the next round.

2) The FIFA Challenge Cup. This is the equivalent of the Europa League in some respects. The next two top teams from each country will compete in the four rounds of this tournament, to qualify for 8 groups of four. The top two teams progress to the next round.

3) The FIFA Silver Trophy. The Cup Winners Cup. One team from each country, based on their performance in cup competitions. No group stages. Straight two-legged knockout all the way.

Now, all these tournaments appear to work well enough in testing. In game, there are problems.

1) The registration system doesn't work. In fact, I think in game it prohibts the top teams from being able to register players properly. I have no idea what half of the advanced editor options do, so I am struggling with that one. In my own game I've removed the 25 man squad registration completely ... but it's retained in this file, for people to mess with.

2) The Group Stage draws, which I finally got to be viewable, are a mess. Something is wrong with the seeding system, which I wanted to set to be based on the club's global reputation. It does not work at all. If you set up a new game, go on holiday until the team you want is about to view the group draw (set for October 1) you'll see what I mean. I have tried as much as I can think of, but nothing gets these teams into seeded, reputation based pots for drawing.

3) The cup final venues. I have tried setting them to be neutral, random and only played in grounds with a 50,000 seat capacity. Nothing works. If someone can crack that, I'll be thrilled.

There are doubtless other, smaller issues to contend with here. But those are the annoying ones to me.

I leave this competition in the capable hands of you wonderful people, in the hope that between us all we can get this working right. The earlier versions, which I made on the basic editor in FM2012 and FM2013 are a lot of fun to play, and create a very tough, elite football tournament.

Adding the Cup Winners Cup was a wee additional extra this year, but it seems to work well. These tournaments have awards too, by the way, but feel free to add others.

Cheers in advance guys.

I've never gotten squad registration of final venue selection working well when making a continental competition. Good luck with this.

Archived