How do you watch matches?

Just interested to see how other people watch matches play out. I use "Extended" highlights in 3D and set the speed slider one before fastest, so slightly quicker than real life.

I'm guessing there's people who don't watch 3D matches at all and just stick to sped up commentary. I've heard of people watching Champs League finals and such on "Full" mode at real life speed!

Depends on the save. Usually I'll watch the 3D engine, but on my current save, I'm using 2D classic, with close-cam 3D for replays. It's funny, but on some saves, I can't imagine watching the games any other way than I have done. For example, on my Bradford save on FM13, I watch all the games on (new) 2D. I tried watching a game on 3D but it just didn't feel right, even though I watch other saves that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Comprehensive or Extended, with one notch towards faster from the centre. Mainly use Elevated cam. I adjust tactics during a match when needed so generally need to know what's happening.

I sometimes use Full Match for big games like a final, especially when I know it'll be tight. When I know I will coast a game then I'll put it on full speed and extended. I will put it back to my normal speed if we concede. I rarely do this until a few seasons in when I've built a dynasty and know my opposition though.

Key plays only for me. I don't know enough about football in general to be able to detect problems and fix them. Usually my tactic is to play one way for 45 minutes. If I am leading or tied, then keep those tactics til the 60 min mark. Then I switch them to something a bit different in most cases. Seems to help.

Archived