Gibraltar??

We are members of UEFA since May 2013 and as such our teams can enter European Competition, including the Champions League, Europa League and the European Nations Cup for our national team.

However, we have not yet become members of FIFA and will not be able to take part in FIFA sanctioned competition, e.g. World Cup Qualification, until we apply and are accepted as full members of FIFA.

I've got up to 2033 in my save, and so far Gibraltar have played the following

Friendly

Played:86

Won: 3

Drawn: 3

Lost: 80

GF: 12

GA: 292

GD: -280

Competitive

Played: 50

Won: 0

Drawn: 0

Lost: 50

GF: 5

GA: 190

GD: -185

So an overall record of

Played:136

GF: 17

GA: 482

GD: -465

Monumental wins against Bonaire twice (I've no idea either) and Armenia must've been celebrated like a World Cup win...

I've got up to 2033 in my save, and so far Gibraltar have played the following

Friendly

Played:86

GF: 12

GA: 292

GD: -280

Competitive

Played: 50

Won: 0

Drawn: 0

Lost: 50

GF: 5

GA: 190

GD: -185

So an overall record of

Played:136

GF: 17

GA: 482

GD: -465

Monumental wins against Bonaire twice (I've no idea either) and Armenia must've been celebrated like a World Cup win...

Have they played San Marino?

It's true, there is only one stadium in Gibraltar, The Victoria Stadium. I have played there many times. Another one is currently being built for the Euro Qualifiers as the Victoria Stadium doesn't meet the requirements for International Football.

I don't think Gib will feature in the FIFA rankings as we are not FIFA members yet, only UEFA.

IRL we played the Faroe Islands a few years ago and beat them 3-0 at home. We have also racked up wins against Portsmouth F.C (4-0), Notts County (3-1) and Bury (2-1).

I'm looking forward to the European Championship Qualifying draw in February. Hopefully we can cause a shock and not finish bottom.

I would personally be in favour of a Pre-Qualifiers round against other minnows to play more competitive games and earn the right to face the giants of European football.

Monumental wins against Bonaire twice (I've no idea either)

Formerly a part of the Netherlands Antilles before it split into its constitutent countries of Aruba (who already had a separate team), Curaçao (who inherit the Antilles football history) and Bonaire. They're associate members of CONCACAF, so will compete in the Caribbean Cup.

Tsk, don't you follow Dutch territory representative football? I thought everyone did!

Have they played San Marino?

I don't think they did actually, although they could have done. I don't want to go back over their results, as it got me awfully depressed. I think they went a good few years without scoring a single goal.

#prayforgibraltar

(I hate myself for hashtagging)

Formerly a part of the Netherlands Antilles before it split into its constitutent countries of Aruba (who already had a separate team), Curaçao (who inherit the Antilles football history) and Bonaire. They're associate members of CONCACAF, so will compete in the Caribbean Cup.

Tsk, don't you follow Dutch territory representative football? I thought everyone did!

Consider me chastised :p

Archived