How do you tweak tactics in match without it changing your tactics after the match

I don't understand how they release versions with major bugs like this which were solved in previous versions of the game. It is always a great game 6 months after release and the community has been the testing team for them to iron out the bugs.

What I asked above last year in FM13 any changed you made to a tactic in match did not change your preparation tactic, now it does.

So I have to remember all the changes I make in match to reset the tactic!!?????

No, it doesn't. Not for me, anyway. My saved tactics stay the same, no matter how much I tweak in-match.

No, it doesn't. Not for me, anyway. My saved tactics stay the same, no matter how much I tweak in-match.

I should have been more specific, the team tactics no not change, however the player specific tactics DO change. This part of the tactics are new and one that has not been checked yet. Try it (change a player specific tactic during a match and it will be changed after the match)

You mean player instructions, or role/duties? Any way, I do not have this problem. My saved tactics stays the same, no matter what in-match changes I do - including changing player instructions and/or roles and duties.

Are you sure you are on the latest patch? Because I noticed an incident where my saved tactics had changed because of in-match tweaking on one of the earlier patches. Not with the current 14.1.3 patch though.

You mean player instructions, or role/duties? Any way, I do not have this problem. My saved tactics stays the same, no matter what in-match changes I do - including changing player instructions and/or roles and duties.

Are you sure you are on the latest patch? Because I noticed an incident where my saved tactics had changed because of in-match tweaking on one of the earlier patches. Not with the current 14.1.3 patch though.

Yeah using 14.1.3 - not the generic player instructions the 'player specific instructions' - when u add a player to a position list and change HIS instructions in match rather than changing the general instructions for 'any player' for that position. eg if i change Gareth Bale's instructions for when he plays AMC in a particular tactic NOT the generic AMC instructions for anyone. Then his instructions will be changed after the match.

Ah, I see. I would imagine that behaviour is by design, then. Why would you change player specific instructions during a match anyway - those are for getting the player to do certain things regardless of position or role, yes? So I would imagine that if you changed that in-match, (because you noticed that it wasn't working properly, I imagine) you would want to let that change stick for next match ... no?

I haven't used any such instructions myself, I find it of very little use, even harmful to my tactics. But each to his own.

It's a hard one, sometimes I'd like them to stick sometimes not so much. One specific example is when a player gets carded and I cannot afford to lose him or replace him, I'll usually instruct him to ease off tackles. That instruction will still be there after the match and I'll have to remember it.

Oh that is what has been happening! Was so confused by this.

edit: I change these all the time during a match. Especially play narrower, support/defend. Wondered why my team is so inconsistent, well it is because they are listening to me!

Specific player instructions are saved when changed during the match.

But only specific player instructions, not positional instructions. So if Bob Meow, your star attacking winger, has his own instruction set, and you change it because Meow just isn't getting the crosses in against this one fullback who knows that Bob really gets distracted quite easily so you don't want him dribbling, then that change remains post-match.

But if Andy Woof on the opposing wing doesn't need specific instructions different from all the other wingers who play there, so you just have the positional instructions and not specific ones, then any changes do not seem to carry over post-match.

Did that make sense?

I don't know why my wingers are a dog and a cat...

Archived