iPhone homepage needs improvements

Hello everyone. This message is geared towards everyone but especially Marc and his team.

I hope you take this as constructive criticism since I really love the game and I find this year's version a good update in the right direction. I just hope there is a chance to further improve this detail in a future update this year.

I noticed that you have a greatly improved in-game homepage on the iPad and some Android devices that's simply amazing, providing a lot of information just from that screen. While I understand that an iPhone doesn't have the same screen size to fit all that information, it seems clear to me that there is still a decent size on the iPhone 5/5s/5c to improve this menu. We desperately need more information in this homepage, certainly not as much as on the iPad but basic stuff like next match info and maybe player stats.

Would you please consider this for a future update? I just find that it would greatly improve gameplay experience on the iPhone.

Another small detail that would look good and be practical, although less important, would be to have the number of news show up as badge on the envelope news icon, as it happens on the iPad version. It just feels that the iPad interface was vastly enhanced which is great but the iPhone has been slightly neglected and left behind as even with its screen size limitations I'm sure a few details could really improve overall experience and many of us play on our iPhones or iPods. That's the ultimate Football Manager experience on the go!

Thanks for reading, looking forward to your reply.

Joshua

I wouldn't take the lack of communication to heart. I'm pretty sure most comments get read by somedody at SI. There was a suggestions thread for FMH2014 that ran through most of last year but i suspect it's a little too early for an FMH2015 version - people need to digest the game first and it hasnt even been out a week yet.

As for your suggestion, i don't really use the game on my iphone so cannot offer my opinion....i just didn't want you feeling lonely! :)

• SI Staff

Hi - we'll bear this in mind but it's hard to determine exactly where/how we'd be able to fit a sensible amount of information onto this screen while still keeping the menu buttons an easy size to tap. Any ideas as to the info you'd most like to have there? Player stats is probably impractical, I have to say.

Hi and thanks for the replies guys.

Alari, the homepage buttons are quite large on the iPhone screen. They could be considerably smaller and still remain easy to use. Actually most buttons all around the interface in other menus of the game are much smaller and people use them with no problems. In fact, I think smaller buttons would look ever better and more polished. UI design is developing towards smaller buttons and typography for a classier layout and better user experience. iOS 7 is a good example of that direction and FMH does feel somewhat out of place in the system. (By the way, I do beta testing for different iOS-based developers since the inception of the App Store, owning iPhones of different screen sizes for that purpose; if you ever need testing, QA or brainstorming/opinions in terms of UI/UX don't hesitate to contact me. It would be my pleasure. I purchase FMH every year on this platform.)

As for the information to present in the homepage the most obvious thing to include would be next game data (team name, relative date, competition). That would be just great and very practical. If there was still room for something more, a small panel with top goalscorer, assists and ratings from your team as you have on the iPad, but if not enough space for that at least the next game would be a good start.

I have to agree with the OP. For some time I have suggested improving the home screen. When I learned that FMH14 had received a massive overhaul on presentation and UI, I was very optimistic. When I discovered that it was only on tablets and Android HD, I was disappointed

I would love the home screen to redeveloped on iPhone. I appreciate its lack of size and resolution compared to tablets but Android HD but I do think it looks rather basic and there is potential for it to do so much more. However, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining all the time. FMH is the best of its type and the revamped UI is such an improvement on past titles.

Archived