Transfer Prices

Hi does anybody else have a problem with over inflated prices for buying players and under inflated for selling? I have tried to sell players worth £20m for £1m and receive no offers but also tried to buy a player who was worth £27k for £2m and was rejected each time.

Any ideas?

Yep, I am always paying tens of millions for players valued at thousands and can rarely sell players worth millions for even zero.

Yep. League Two trying to sell guys valued between 50k and 65k and can't give them away. Tried dropping price to 8k and no takers. I thought I was doing something wrong. Does it make a difference to make transfer fee $0 but ask for monthly installments?

Yep. League Two trying to sell guys valued between 50k and 65k and can't give them away. Tried dropping price to 8k and no takers. I thought I was doing something wrong. Does it make a difference to make transfer fee $0 but ask for monthly installments?

They still won't sell, you will end up having to release them. I have sold one player in league Two for anything more than $0, the rest were either "sold" on a free transfer of $0 or released. There is simply no market for them. Even in league 1 now, it is the same thing. I just tried to sell two players, each worth $1.5M and $2.2M respectively, even at $0 free transfer, no one wants them. I keep getting offers for a backup striker I have, he is "valued" at $490k but anytime I even attempt to ask a team to pay even $450k for him they walk away, they all wish to pay me $200k only... kind of makes the whole purpose of a players value pointless. Damn frustrating thing is, if I wish to buy that same player valued at $450k, I would have to pay $2M or more.

With the issue around selling/transferring players, does the game make up for it by ignoring the financial issues that your club has. For example, my Oxford United team is having financial issues and I'm overbudget. Can that still cause me to be sacked even though I'm trying to get value for the team's assets? You're right it is frustrating. Hopefully a fix will be coming soon.

With the issue around selling/transferring players, does the game make up for it by ignoring the financial issues that your club has. For example, my Oxford United team is having financial issues and I'm overbudget. Can that still cause me to be sacked even though I'm trying to get value for the team's assets? You're right it is frustrating. Hopefully a fix will be coming soon.

So far in my experience, sadly not. I have had to buy money for the game with real money just to stay alive and employed... then I bought the no-sacking, so I worry less but I realise this is not the best option for everyone.

• 4 months later...

Yeah, how DO you sell players in FMC? I have basically been using kids from my academy. One of them made the Italy squad and is worth 15 mill, but when i offered him to clubs at his value price, nobody wants him. So one trick that I used was to transfer list him for 0. Then after a few clubs start kicking, I stall on the first few bids, put his price back to normal and then offer. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I had Alessio Cerci in my team at one stage (got from a free transfer) and nobody wanted to buy him. So I said "sod it!", added a new manager at Genoa and got them to buy him, then sacked that manager.

Still, there's gotta be a better way?

Yeah, how DO you sell players in FMC? I have basically been using kids from my academy. One of them made the Italy squad and is worth 15 mill, but when i offered him to clubs at his value price, nobody wants him. So one trick that I used was to transfer list him for 0. Then after a few clubs start kicking, I stall on the first few bids, put his price back to normal and then offer. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I had Alessio Cerci in my team at one stage (got from a free transfer) and nobody wanted to buy him. So I said "sod it!", added a new manager at Genoa and got them to buy him, then sacked that manager.

Still, there's gotta be a better way?

Yeah, especially since what you just did made your game no longer score points on the leaderboard, if you even care :)

Haha I dont care about the leaderboard. It says I am currently in just over 100000th position lol. But I will check back with you on this one, to see if it changes or not. I mean cmon, a world class guy not being bought by the AI? It was ridiculous. I didn't mention that I sold him for £40000000 and also had Genoa loan in a bunch of players to play in their first team for the season :lol:. Actually I just found out that I didn't sack the manager. I put him on holiday. Genoa sacked him five seasons later, so now I got him to apply for the Italy job. Guess what - he got it LOOOOOOL. I've put him back on holiday mode - it should be interesting. So far he is only selecting two of my guys, I might have to give him a kick in the pants about that one :cool:. As for Cerci? Hes a veteran now, but he's back baby! On a free transfer once again, hahaha.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, just checked and you are right, the game is not scoring any points on the leaderboard anymore. I just got a new computer and its not taking as long to play through a season, so I stopped the Monza savegame after 7 season there. Made it to Serie A and won an Italian Cup :).

As Man Utd manager, with lots of success, clubs hold a gun to my head when I'm looking to buy players, wanting over-inflated sums. It seems they know we have good money and can can leech us for millions and millions. I have been able, though, to offload players for good money. Rafael went for a bit over £30mil, Fellaini the same. With the current market irl, transfer fees are much higher than they were a few years back.

Archived