Player expects squad to be strengthened

Hi all,

I've got a load of decent young players who I signed up a few seasons ago for my league 2 team, the promise of 1st team football was a lure, but now they're requesting that I strengthen the squad to help gain promotion into the Prem.

This wouldn't be an issue but I've already added depth and quality (well to what I can afford) I even signed Rio Ferdinand to add some experience at the back, which was greeted with much appreciation by squad and fans alike, but they still say I'm running out of time.

Is this something that lasts till the window closes or am I expected to sign the likes of Messi and Rooney for my Championship side before they wise up?

They've all got decent contracts to run out and I have no intention of selling, yet, but unrest in the camp isn't going to aid my promotion hopes lol.

Every player is an asshole, and since this is the Championship and you said they've all got a decent amount of time left on their contracts tell them to shut the hell up and play football instead. At that level no player is irreplaceable yet, you'll find better ones in the future.

Hi all,

I've got a load of decent young players who I signed up a few seasons ago for my league 2 team, the promise of 1st team football was a lure, but now they're requesting that I strengthen the squad to help gain promotion into the Prem.

This wouldn't be an issue but I've already added depth and quality (well to what I can afford) I even signed Rio Ferdinand to add some experience at the back, which was greeted with much appreciation by squad and fans alike, but they still say I'm running out of time.

Is this something that lasts till the window closes or am I expected to sign the likes of Messi and Rooney for my Championship side before they wise up?

They've all got decent contracts to run out and I have no intention of selling, yet, but unrest in the camp isn't going to aid my promotion hopes lol.

I had to promise a player that I'd strengthen the squad so that we matched his ambition, knowing at the time that I didn't have any money to strengthen the squad with (and that I was generally happy with it's strength). He kind of just forgot about it, though; I think maybe it's because we've started our season very well. He went from "Slt" concern to having no concerns, and I'm listed as one of his favored personnel, so I guess he just got over it?

Yeah I passed the deadline and nothing was made of it. They all seemed to have either forgotten or the game leaves it till deadline day before the player assess the situation again to decide if they're satisfied.

Either way everyone seem's happy, apart from one buzz kill who still wants to leave, but you always get one lol.

Archived