[HELP] Arsenal team not doing well

VCqgJKd.jpg

UV16hNY.jpg

rLdwFlF.jpg

Most of the goal scored are long range chip when my keeper is out of position

or one of my CB move up and left a gap for them to go 1v1 with my keeper

my team keeps shooting from outside of box and the finishing was bad, either kicking out or to the keeper

tried different team instructions and player roles but didn't work well.

anyone can help? thanks :)

Retain Possession and Shorter Passing do the same thing. The former is a more extreme version of the latter. They both modify tempo and passing towards shorter. So, might be an idea to just pick one - your "Much higher tempo" is not as high a tempo as it would be with only one of those two selected.

Playing wider might also be a slight issue for you, because from the ratings, it looks like Flamini is not doing too well. The combination of playing wider, increasing the space between players, and having strong pressing (both his and the man next to him) suggests to me that he might well be getting isolated, and, as a DLP, he can't make the short link-up passes required between the defence and the attack.

The same goes for Cazorla and Wilshere - they seem to be getting isolated, too, and I bet they make lots of runs on the ball inside only to shoot when they hit the edge of the area.

Your centreback is probably pushing up to attack the ball (and leaving space) because your DLP is out of position (being isolated AND pressing).

Instinctively, I'd say that you have a Hell of a lot of Team Instructions there - how many Player Instructions have you set?

I have no Team Instructions set at all until I read the opposition Scout Report, as I'm a firm believer that you can't just roll out the same approach irrespective of who you play against.

What Mentality and Fluidity are you using?

There is a bit of disconnect with your Role setup on the face of things.

Ideally, you want one fullback to have an Attack Duty to make him connect the team from front to back.

With a wide running Role at DL/R, you can use this effectively behind an Inside Forward (who Cuts Inside) to create natural overlaps and varied play on one side of the pitch.

Two Attacking Inside Forwards are attacking the same sort of space as the AP (A) wants to move into, so people are taking long shots because they probably see no space, and no alternative passing option. Change that front 4 to give yourself more balance (at least one Support Duty), and to mix up the sort of movement and supply you generate up there.

The thread kazm linked is excellent and is worth reading once or twice, as the thought process behind selecting the make-up of the squad is excellent, and easy to follow.

Way to many team instructions, some of them even conflicting, or giving exaggerated results. Simplify, that's the first step. The one's I'm using are: Shorter passing. Work ball into box. Roam from positions. Allow wide players to swap. Push higher up. Much higher tempo. When playing attacking (which I do in 15 minute bursts), I add Hassle opponents. 451 (433/41221, whatever you prefer). Fluid, Control or attacking. Additional player instructions kept minimal. That's it. Top of the league, scoring most and letting in the least. And I haven't even got Lewandowski, but got in Sven Bender, Yanga-Mbiwa and Lucas Romero without emptying the budget.

GK

FB/auto - CD/defend - CD/defend - FB/auto

DM/defend

BBM/support - AP/attack

IF/attack - IF/attack

F9/support.

Archived