"assistents opinion of ability" changes ?

Well, first of all, it is nice that this is not a static value. I noticed my keeper with the same assistent suddenly rose from 3 stars to 3½ stars. Mind you that he is 32 years old so it is not a normal development. His current ability and his potential both rose to 3½.

Now, I am wondering. Is this because players can improve more than expected, and also in their "old" years? Or is it because the assistent has become better at judging the player?

Is it a common thing with changes to current and potential for players above a certain age? I have not been paying attention to this prior - I thought the "potential" value was quite static and only could decline if anything.

I would like if my keeper actually has improved beyond what could be expected of him.

At 32yo its unlikely that your keeper has actually improved in ability.

Its possible that your AM has become more familiar with your squad and/or slightly better at judging ability. The most likely possibility though is that your squad has changed leading to your GK being slightly better than the average of your squad than he was previous.

Isn't the star ranking based on some sort of average against how good your team is? That's why Mr. 2.5 stars at Man Utd gets 4 at West Ham.

I'm not sure if your team got worse, you sold a star player or whatever it takes to knock your average down so that one player now seems better? Alternatively, maybe your assistants assessment abilities decreased?

Isn't the star ranking based on some sort of average against how good your team is? That's why Mr. 2.5 stars at Man Utd gets 4 at West Ham.

I'm not sure if your team got worse, you sold a star player or whatever it takes to knock your average down so that one player now seems better? Alternatively, maybe your assistants assessment abilities decreased?

Yup, this is how it works. Sign a player significantly better than the rest of your squad and watch the stars drop away.

Archived