FM14 Custom DB Online - Unrecognized Error In Unpack. Wrong Team Names etc

Hello,

I have always created a custom db for Tahiti since FM12 and have always played online with my Brother no problem. (Usually by sending him the db files to put in his editor db folder.) However, this year on FM14, he keeps getting this error when adding a manager and the team names all come up as Africa. The game plays fine offline for many seasons. Wondering if anyone else has run into this problem?

To add a bit more info, for anyone with a similar problem....

When I join and look at teams each team is named after an African Nation (Zimbabwe, Algeria, Liberia etc.) rather than the name in the edited file which is showing on the hosts computer.

The actual African Nations are still in the game, and you can see them by going to them via the menu. They have the right info, players and flag and are different teams from the faux African Nations that have appeared for some reason.

When we both look at the same team all the player information, club information, location, facillities etc. are the same. It's just the name that is different.

Whenever I go onto a screen with any of these teams on I get the Unrecognized Error in Unpack message several times.

We have the same dbc files on each computer, we have the same version of FM14, we've both tried clearing the cache and verifying the integrity of the game. But the problem persists. And if I host instead the problem just flips round. Things are fine for the host but not for whoever joins.

The database/league files (2) are fine in single player as well and have been tested on a holiday. :(

Archived