Job offers whilst managing

I had a big issue with not being offered jobs when being successful at a club. For example, I mean taking any club up a series of leagues - in real life this would see bigger clubs become interested and approach your team about talking to you. In fm2013 nothing happens - no job offers no interest - very unrealistic.

Has this issue been fixed in 2014?

I took Hyde from The Skrill Premier to the Championship in four years and didn't get a single offer. I left at the end of the contract, waited a year and my name was associated with one job during that time, Wolves in League 1. I apply, but lose the gig to Neil MacFarlane, whose previous job was getting Coventry relegated to League 2. I don't get it.

I had a big issue with not being offered jobs when being successful at a club. For example, I mean taking any club up a series of leagues - in real life this would see bigger clubs become interested and approach your team about talking to you. In fm2013 nothing happens - no job offers no interest - very unrealistic.

Has this issue been fixed in 2014?

I've taken Weymouth from the non-playable league up to the Championship. I started getting job offers in my first season in League 1, and was offered about 5 jobs throughout the season. I normally get linked to a bunch of jobs around the pre-Christmas sacking period.

So if you like anecdotal evidence, yes, it has been fixed.

I've taken Weymouth from the non-playable league up to the Championship. I started getting job offers in my first season in League 1, and was offered about 5 jobs throughout the season. I normally get linked to a bunch of jobs around the pre-Christmas sacking period.

So if you like anecdotal evidence, yes, it has been fixed.

For me it's the difference between buying the game and not. I just feel like the game doesn't acknowledge achievements, can SI perhaps explain the mechanism behind this?

I took Hyde from The Skrill Premier to the Championship in four years and didn't get a single offer. I left at the end of the contract, waited a year and my name was associated with one job during that time, Wolves in League 1. I apply, but lose the gig to Neil MacFarlane, whose previous job was getting Coventry relegated to League 2. I don't get it.

This is one of FMs biggest flaws

Just taken Rimini up 3 divisions into Serie A in 4 seasons. Got plenty of opportunities to move jobs along the way (invitations to meetings) but was always at a club/division i deemed much lower rep that should be expected. For example clubs in the division below me or in English League 1 when i was managing in top italian league.

Seems like the rep is lagging too far behind. IRL there is a lot of hype (in many case over-hype) that builds up behind a manager who earns even a single promotion. In game when you earn quick, successive promotions your club and manager rep takes too long to climb.

Can't say I have had a problem at all. I have taken Gateshead from the Skrill Premier to the Premier League in five years and I haven't stopped being offered interviews and/or jobs along the way.

I feel this has always been an issue, in FM14 I have been linked with many jobs, and indeed been the favourite for many, but have not been approached for one. I never sign more than a 2 year deal on contracts which is not excessive and even when the contracts are running down I still do not get approached. However if I apply 9/10 I get the job, but sometimes I do not want to apply in case I don't get it and upset my current board and fans.

Can't say I have had a problem at all. I have taken Gateshead from the Skrill Premier to the Premier League in five years and I haven't stopped being offered interviews and/or jobs along the way.

Pretty much. I don't know what everyone is complaining about. For example, this just happened:

VSUIlHW.png

Hi, I'm the same, I have taken Villa into the champions league (FM14) and have won the league twice, every job that comes up i'm not even considered, I have tried saving the game and applying and still no offers, the England job was available, so I applied and unfortunately lost out.... to Solbakken.... the guy that was bombed from Wolves a few years ago... any ideas?

This is tricky one but let me start in saying that job offers don't come easy while managing this can be down to your wage,rep and length of contract for them to be able too finance a job offer for you but if you have a good history of promotions etc you stand a better chance getting job offers and being hired.

Archived