Google Drive saving

Football Manager Handheld 14 can be played in two different operating systems - iOS and Android- each of them with two different platforms - tablet and smartphone. New to this year's version is the iCould save which means iOS users can play the same savegame on their tablet and on their smartphone using Apple's iCloud service.

Being an Android user and having a Nexus 7 (tablet) and a Nexus 5 (smartphone) I would be extremely interested in being able to play my FMH14 career in both devices using, as an example, the tablet at home and the smartphone when I'm out of the house. I know that I can upload the savegame to Google Drive or Dropbox (or any other service) and then download and replace the existing savegame on my other device but it would be simpler (and easier!) if there was the possibility to used Google's iCloud-like service, Google Drive, to do that automatically.

The question is, is that even a possibility or is it a big 'no-no' due to technical restrictions/difficulties?

PS: Every Android user has a Google Drive account.

• SI Staff

Originally we were looking at using the cloud-like functionality in Google Play, but that turned out to be unworkable due to file size issues.

We're weighing up the situation with Google Drive in the long run, unfortunately that is something which would be far more complex to implement so I wouldn't anticipate it being included in the near future I'm afraid.

Archived