President in control of press conferences?

Hey everybody

On the staff responsibilities screen, the president of my club is in control of press conferences (I believe it is the 3rd responsibility from the top on that screen). Not a huge deal, but I would prefer to be in control of press conferences. I should also add that I don't get the option to "put myself in charge" as I do for other responsibilities. Instead this one is grayed out, so I feel there is no way to run press conferences myself. The 'welcome to the club' press conference never happened, for example, despite the fact I said I wanted to hold one.

Any thoughts on why the Owner has delegated himself to this role/how I could take over?

Thanks

Hey everybody

On the staff responsibilities screen, the president of my club is in control of press conferences (I believe it is the 3rd responsibility from the top on that screen). Not a huge deal, but I would prefer to be in control of press conferences. I should also add that I don't get the option to "put myself in charge" as I do for other responsibilities. Instead this one is grayed out, so I feel there is no way to run press conferences myself. The 'welcome to the club' press conference never happened, for example, despite the fact I said I wanted to hold one.

Any thoughts on why the Owner has delegated himself to this role/how I could take over?

Thanks

Out of interest, what club are you?

SD Noja in Spanish Division B1 I believe

I just had a look in the pre-game editor to see if the chairman was set to take press conferences in the database and nothing has come up, the field is blank. I'm not entirely sure how you could get around this.

Not that I can tell.

In previous saves I've started as unemployed. There it lets me attend press conferences, etc. Last 2 saves I've tried as tests where I don't start as unemployed, the board takes over press conferences. Kind of weird.

Also want to add- that I'm not talking about the idea that there isn't enough press conferences. I'm saying that I'm not able to if the opportunity would arise because of the staff responsibility.

Also want to add- that I'm not talking about the idea that there isn't enough press conferences. I'm saying that I'm not able to if the opportunity would arise because of the staff responsibility.

Have you actually come across a press conference yet where your President has answered questions?

Could it just be that there are no press conferences at this level?

Have you actually come across a press conference yet where your President has answered questions?

Could it just be that there are no press conferences at this level?

I haven't advanced that far in game yet (actually just got v14 recently).

For the initial press conference when you take over a new job, the chairman asked if I would like to setup a press conference. I said yes. Instead of the time when I started unemployed, the chairman said he would schedule one but I never got any notification that it happened. I did not attend the press conference, and I also never saw comments from the President. The press conference plain and simple did not happen. I'm pretty sure that initial press conference should be called no matter the league level. Later on today I can sim further and see what happens. Thanks for the help so far

I haven't advanced that far in game yet (actually just got v14 recently).

For the initial press conference when you take over a new job, the chairman asked if I would like to setup a press conference. I said yes. Instead of the time when I started unemployed, the chairman said he would schedule one but I never got any notification that it happened. I did not attend the press conference, and I also never saw comments from the President. The press conference plain and simple did not happen. I'm pretty sure that initial press conference should be called no matter the league level. Later on today I can sim further and see what happens. Thanks for the help so far

It seems a bit strange, I have never heard of it before.

It could be a bug alright so might be worth flagging it in the bugs forum.

However, it would be interesting to see if after a couple of promotions (i.e. Liga Segunda / La Liga) would press conferences suddenly become active for you. Maybe the 'greyed' out option is the games way of saying you have no press conferences at that level.

Let us know what you find out

As a test I took over Manchester United. Same problem exists. For some reason, the chairman has been set as 'the guy' to handle press conferences. Will probably report this soon.

Archived