So, fixture lists for Europa League teams are broken then?

Started two games with teams in the Europa League, and the same thing has happened each time. It seems to be a problem with the day of EPL fixtures in the week after playing in the Europa League. There are two main effects of this:

1. If you play a Europa match on a Thursday and a Capital One Cup on the following Wednesday, you won't get an EPL game over the weekend at all. This is by far the most annoying problem, because it means that you're constantly lagging behind and having to play midweek catch up games.

2. Frequently having an EPL game on a Monday and a Europa match on a Thursday. This happens even if there is was no midweek match the previous week.

I can remember this was in FM12 too, so pretty annoying it hasn't been fixed yet.

This should probably go in the Bugs forum. I'm sure there's a way to tell it to avoid selecting teams with a Europa League fixture for the televised Monday night game, as this already seems to work for the Champions League, and the COCUP is again almost certainly a scheduling bug. For now however, you may want to disable the "Move fixtures for TV" option in your preferences - a bit less realistic, but all matches will be played on Saturdays and Wednesdays so you should be able to avoid at least the first issue :)

This way European football is ran if you look at some games in epl some teams have to play catchup, I wouldn't go as far as saying it's broken though but I can understand its annoyance for you

Being taken out the EPL fixtures for the weekend, just because you have a midweek match either side, is not what happens in real life.

Characteristically helpful response from SI. :applause:

Is that sarcastic? He suggested you raise it formally so that they could process it and address it properly. Please raise it in the bugs forum so that it may be fixed in time for the next update. That is unless you just wanted to come here and whinge about it and don't want to be constructive.

Characteristically helpful response from SI. :applause:

Just deliberately got myself knocked out of the Capital One cup to try to sort out my fixtures. :thup:

And your response here is helpful i assume? Your going about things the wrong way if you want the issue fixed. Bugs that aren't posted in the correct forum aren't going to get fixed as they won't know about them.

As an SI customer since the mid 90s, being met with quibbles about which sub-forum should be used, as opposed to having a discussion about the issue, is what I've come to expect in recent years. and it's not my job to help SI fix this. I'm not a beta tester.

Who cares how long you have been a customer? As for it not being your job help SI fix it, then why raise it in the first place.

If you want it to be looked at you have to put the bug in the bugs forum. Pretty simple request.

As an SI customer since the mid 90s, being met with quibbles about which sub-forum should be used, as opposed to having a discussion about the issue, is what I've come to expect in recent years. and it's not my job to help SI fix this. I'm not a beta tester.

There is no quibble about which forum this should be raised on- you have raised an issue which you suggest is broken. There is little point in having a discussion about it, so as suggested by Neil Brock, raise it in the Bugs forum and let the testers have a look at it. If you don't want to help SI fix the game then that is your choice, but if you want the game to be better, raise the issue in the relevant forum.

Who cares how long you have been a customer?

Given that I've paid for their products for nearly two decades, I thought SI might? :confused:

But to clarify, I wasn't suggesting I deserve special treatment. I was just giving some context as to my claim that this sort of response has become characteristic. I've made a new thread that is buried in the bugs forum now.

Given that I've paid for their products for nearly two decades, I thought SI might? :confused:

But to clarify, I wasn't suggesting I deserve special treatment. I was just giving some context as to my claim that this sort of response has become characteristic. I've made a new thread that is buried in the bugs forum now.

At least it is buried in the correct forum though, It will get seen there by the people who need to see it

Archived