Multi-League compatible devices?

Hi,

I read in the FAQ that devices with sufficient RAM will support up to 3 leagues to play. I thought great, so I updated tablet from a Motorola Xoom 32GB to a nice spanky ASUS Transformer TF300T 32GB although both have 1GB of RAM.... I assumed this would have enough RAM to support it but was wrong. As there's no list available, is it possible to display the required amount of RAM to have multi-league?

I was tempted to root my device and get a custom rom that will expand my RAM amount, Ta in advance!

Not Supported

Motorola Xoom 32GB (MZ607)

ASUS Transformer TF300T 32GB

LG Optimus L5

Samsung Galaxy S2 16GB

Supported

?

The RAM amount is not the only thing which make multileague allowed. Indeed, it is the heap size which is essential which is the amount of RAM which the device allow for an application. ;)

I have a LG Optimus L5, and for the users who have the same device as me, it does not allow multileagues...

• SI Staff

This list is not perfect and will vary somewhat by manufacturer but to show you the difference between RAM and heap - here are some known device heaps with various OS versions which I just grabbed from the net (all AT&T phones I believe) ...

Phones (Android Version):

HTC Wildfire (2.2.1) = 16MB heap (512Mb RAM)

HTC Wildfire S (2.3.5) = 20MB heap (512Mb RAM)

HTC Desire (2.3.3) = 32MB (576Mb RAM)

HTC Desire S (2.3.5) = 32MB (576Mb RAM)

PS - Please note as well as heap size you will require Android 4.0 or above to run multiple leagues in FMH.

This list is not perfect and will vary somewhat by manufacturer but to show you the difference between RAM and heap - here are some known device heaps with various OS versions which I just grabbed from the net (all AT&T phones I believe) ...

Phones (Android Version):

HTC Wildfire (2.2.1) = 16MB heap (512Mb RAM)

HTC Wildfire S (2.3.5) = 20MB heap (512Mb RAM)

HTC Desire (2.3.3) = 32MB (576Mb RAM)

HTC Desire S (2.3.5) = 32MB (576Mb RAM)

PS - Please note as well as heap size you will require Android 4.0 or above to run multiple leagues in FMH.

Thanks Marc, but I don't suppose you know what determines multi-league then do you? In terms of heap and/or RAM? :)

• SI Staff

We probably wouldn't want to talk about exact amounts publicly to avoid encouraging people to do things to their devices that would void the warranty. If you PM Marc he might be able to tell you a little more if he's in a good mood :p

We probably wouldn't want to talk about exact amounts publicly to avoid encouraging people to do things to their devices that would void the warranty. If you PM Marc he might be able to tell you a little more if he's in a good mood :p

I know what you mean (being a developer myself). I think a nice compatibility list of well known branded devices with official ROMs might be a better thing publically. You can use custom roms for anything, but of course voids the warranty as you've said and can completely destroy a device as well!

• SI Staff
I know what you mean (being a developer myself). I think a nice compatibility list of well known branded devices with official ROMs might be a better thing publically. You can use custom roms for anything, but of course voids the warranty as you've said and can completely destroy a device as well!

Even with official ROMs it's unpredictable as they can vary based on territory, carrier etc.

Archived