Loyalty bonuses and agent fees

Its quite annoying now that these fees come out of the transfer budget. It makes it extremely hard to wheel and deal. Trying to sign free players and not being able to is like taking the mick to be honest.

Anyhow, I have just had an epithany of sorts. Maybe the transfer budget percentage allowance from transfers should be included in this calculation. So if your club has enough money to grant you the full 100% of your player sale fees to your budget, your loyalty fees and agent fees should be at the converse percentage, i.e 0%, because your club would have enough money to cover these in most normal circumstances. The opposite would be true that if a club cant give you any of your player sale money, you would have to pay the full whack on the player and agent fees from your transfer budget that you may (or probably not) have.

This doesnt necessarily make it easier for the clubs with zero money, but does still cover those clubs from spending that seriously can not spend these fees, but doesnt affect clubs that can and shouldnt really have to shell out of the transfer budget for. In the middle ground, you would have the clubs that lets say receive 60% of the players sales into their transfer budget, would have to pay 40% of the amount.

I think this would be a decent and fair way to play this new 'feature' of the games transfer module. I dont have much money at all at the club im at, but have more wage budget than transfer budget available by comparison and simply cant get players on running out contracts even though my wage budget would allow it, that just isnt right. This would at least make it more affordable for those with not much money but have a budget to play with on wages, and would make the negotiations of transfer percentage even more important in the game.

The haggling and asking for a higher percentage would take more of a in depth conversation and negotiation. You could say how many players you wanted to sign and sell for example, even who they were. In fm, the game gives you more control than you would have IRL tbf. Probably more realistic would be to say who you want, who you dont, and for the board to try and sort out as best as possible your requests, but thats another matter.

Im just really frustrated at not being able to sign players i would have been able to snap up on any other version of the game. I cant alter the budget allocation from wages to transfers etc, but theres plenty there in actual real terms, so having the cost of the fees slashed into whatever percentage the club could or cant afford would make it a little more relaxed and easier to afford players that are free or cheap that should be able to be signed.

If you have room in the wage budget but no transfer budget, you should be able to shift money from one to the other on the boardroom screen. Or you can try boosting a player's wages in contract negotiations while reducing agent fee and loyalty bonus. In the end it's really 1 big money pool.

No, as stated theres plenty of wages left with no ability to switch money across. Agents will always want money, which is what comes out straight away.

And yeah, i want it realistic, and when i say free agents, i did mention players with running out contracts. They normally have an agent, rare not to. Realistic being that i can sign players on a free for nothing, without having to pay when i can afford the weekly cost of wages. Thats realistic, how its always been in the game. But now i cant sign players without having big team money, practically.

Better to know up front how bad the damage is by deducting it straight from the transfer budget, then by finding out in some obscure corner of the financials tab and mid season wondering why the hell your transfer budget went down.

It is normally possible to lock the loyalty bonus to 0 without much impact on wages. Some agents will also let you lock their fee to 0, although it will stop some from negotiation, and some will demand significant extra wages. It isn't that hard to do with most players though, I do it all the time if I am short/out of transfer budget.

Archived