Can't sell players?

Offer the player to clubs for 10k and the interest will come flooding in. When you receive an offer, negotiate a higher price (close to the player's value). Be careful not to go too high as the club may not pursue their interest.

Offer the player to clubs for 10k and the interest will come flooding in. When you receive an offer, negotiate a higher price (close to the player's value). Be careful not to go too high as the club may not pursue their interest.

Shouldn't have to do this.

The point of a transfer system is teams come in for a player with bids they are willing to pay. Offering out any Arsenal player for £10k is utterly absurd and if this is the only way to up sell someone then it proves the transfer coding needs looking at.

This has always been a problem for me, I always find that when you start a new game you get clubs bidding for your players. After the first season of transfer windows I haven't had a bid for a player unless I do what AN77 said above.

It's probably because you're trying to sell players that you deem not good enough for your current team. It's unlikely they will have played much football for you in the preceding 12 months making them less desirable to ai managers. I think you need to accept that in order to sell these types of players you will need to take a hit on their estimated values. For example I've just sold Ashley Young for about half the price the game said he was worth - around £4.5m. If it had been for a few hundred thousand I would have been miffed but I think that was a fair price given I'd hardly played him and was desperate to get him off my wage bill.

• SI Staff

In our view it's a *lot* easier to shift unwanted players than in previous versions. Bear in mind that if a player is on higher wages than befit his talent, he's not going to interest a vast number of clubs.

We're keeping an eye on the number of unsolicited bids, we believe this may be improved somewhat in the next update.

In our view it's a *lot* easier to shift unwanted players than in previous versions. Bear in mind that if a player is on higher wages than befit his talent, he's not going to interest a vast number of clubs.

We're keeping an eye on the number of unsolicited bids, we believe this may be improved somewhat in the next update.

At this risk of being considered argumentative, "really"? you really believe it is a lot easier, what brought you to that outcome? People are reporting to you that "players listed are not being picked up, for seasons, not one"??? AN77 reported 10 seasons. I mean okay it only cost ten bucks, but well kind of a game destroyer don't you think?

Having to offer world class players for 10K to even get a offer, regardless of their ability, is just sad, really is. Most people would agree any "EPL Player" would get picked up by lower divisions, surely? How can you fix this in the game, I don't think you can. Don't get me wrong cool quick little game but something is very wrong when you can sell anyone. Hopefully you can find out what the problem is.

Thanks for the reply Alari.

thanks to all that agreed regards this absurd aspect of the game. I cannot believe people are defending this obvious issue. Anyway I will do AN77 said and hopefully things will improve. Again thanks ;-)

I've had 3 in 1 season - Rooney, Anderson, Nani. I later sold Rooney for 25m with only a year left of his contract. Further to that, as I said above I've not had any issues selling decent players who I've placed on the list either - young being a case in point.

I would also add, as was obviously the case with my last post, this is MY experience of the game.

• SI Staff
At this risk of being considered argumentative, "really"? you really believe it is a lot easier, what brought you to that outcome? People are reporting to you that "players listed are not being picked up, for seasons, not one"??? AN77 reported 10 seasons. I mean okay it only cost ten bucks, but well kind of a game destroyer don't you think?

Turbinator mentioned 10 seasons, and he was referring to unsolicited bids for players he hadn't listed or offered out (which is something we are monitoring).

Having to offer world class players for 10K to even get a offer, regardless of their ability, is just sad, really is. Most people would agree any "EPL Player" would get picked up by lower divisions, surely? How can you fix this in the game, I don't think you can. Don't get me wrong cool quick little game but something is very wrong when you can sell anyone. Hopefully you can find out what the problem is.

Thanks for the reply Alari.

We don't feel it's the case that you have to offer a player out for 10k to get bids. Some players will be naturally harder to shift as they may be on wages way above what a club in a division below will be able to offer. Having said that, based on our testing here it's easier than in last year's game to offer out and sell unwanted players for realistic values. This may not always be the entirety of their estimated value - you may have to take something of a hit as it's you trying to shift the player rather than a player who's in high demand - but you definitely shouldn't have to go down to 10k or anything like that.

hi, ive noticed in the 10 seasons ive done that i have to offer players out under the 500k mark to get any interest..and these players can be on a low end wage(in prem standards) with pretty awesome stats..

The issue with offering your players out is you lose money as clubs are unwilling to pay the full price, but im prepared to take that hit..

on the other hand other clubs that have there players listed..lets take for example Nathaniel Chalobah from chelsea..he was up for 11m, but i went up to 20m and still they wouldnt accept..yea ok a rival prem club may not want to do business but I was offering nearly double the players worth..

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying 10k is realistic or what you should do. I don't think you need to drop the price that low but it's the only way to guarantee a bid (which is what you want at the end of the day - someone to bid). It all becomes irrelevant because when you start negotiating, you end up settling at a price that's just below the player's value.

Something amazing happened tonight..I only got a bid for 1 of my unlisted players..and I asked for more and got it..wahoo..

Also I was selling a player..and I didn't offer out for low price..man city came in for him over valuation..very shocked by all this..in a good way of course

• SI Staff

If anyone feels they have a player listed at a reasonable price and are getting no interest when they should be as always please forward the save onto me at marc.vaughan@sigames.com along with an explanation of whats occuring and I'll look into it.

(also remember that outside of transfer windows clubs are more likely to watch and wait than actually bid unless seriously stimulated by a low offer price - not least because they can upset/demotivate their current players by indicating they're replacing them ...)

I have to strongly agree with Alari, it's much easier to get rid of deadwood than in previous versions of the game, although I will add the disclaimer that I haven't played in the Premier League yet (I'v worked my way up from Skrill North to the Championship).

When I took over Accrington Stanley the team was £8,000 per week over their £12,000 per week wage budget, so I had to get rid of some players fast. I managed to find clubs for two of the highest earners in my first transfer window with the club. I think this would have been much much harder in last year's game.

(also remember that outside of transfer windows clubs are more likely to watch and wait than actually bid unless seriously stimulated by a low offer price - not least because they can upset/demotivate their current players by indicating they're replacing them ...)

Marc, does this mean that the beginning of September and the beginning of February are the best times to buy players because the computer teams are less likely to submit rival offers and spark bidding wars?

Also, I haven't noticed any of my players ever getting upset because I have bid for players in their positions, is this something that should be happening?

Lastly, whenever I have offered one of my players in part-exchange for another player, it has not upset him in the least, which you would think it would, as it clearly shows he is unwanted.

• SI Staff
Lastly, whenever I have offered one of my players in part-exchange for another player, it has not upset him in the least, which you would think it would, as it clearly shows he is unwanted.

You are only able to offer players that are willing to join the club in question (as otherwise there's every chance the deal would fall through at the last minute), so the part-exchange player is unlikely to become upset.

You are only able to offer players that are willing to join the club in question (as otherwise there's every chance the deal would fall through at the last minute), so the part-exchange player is unlikely to become upset.

Oh, I thought that the list was a list of players the other team was interested in.

Wow what a surprise we still have to do this idiotic dance to sell players. I'm in complete shock. I really thought it would be easy to sell players on this version. NOT.

Wow what a surprise we still have to do this idiotic dance to sell players. I'm in complete shock. I really thought it would be easy to sell players on this version. NOT.

I find it very easy to sell players. I have never experienced any problems regarding selling players as almost all the players I wanted to get rid off is sold within a month or two from the time I transfer list them until they're sold.

So I don't share your opinion regarding this at all !

• SI Staff

If you have a save with examples then please forward it onto me at marc.vaughan@sigames.com - I've one already which someone emailed me, but these things can have distinct and different causes and obviously the more information I have when examining such things the better ... but as you can probably tell from other peoples posts this isn't a 'global' issue at all and appears to only trouble some people.

I find it very easy to sell players. I have never experienced any problems regarding selling players as almost all the players I wanted to get rid off is sold within a month or two from the time I transfer list them until they're sold.

So I don't share your opinion regarding this at all !

Good to hear. So exactly what are you doing when you decide to sell a player other than putting him on the transfer list? Offering him to clubs? If so, for how much? His value or less? And do you demote him or leave him in the first team?

Good to hear. So exactly what are you doing when you decide to sell a player other than putting him on the transfer list? Offering him to clubs? If so, for how much? His value or less? And do you demote him or leave him in the first team?

Most of the time I just offer him to other clubs - usually to the price they are valued to. I think it is important to be realistic - if it is a player that you no longer want in your squad his market value will be low.

If it is an player on 30 years or older I have experienced that it was necessary to lower the price even more. If the player instead is young (I would say up to 23 years) I offer them at a higher price (e.g. a young player valued to £100K I would offer him for £200K to see what happens (not if it is just before end of transfer window) and them lower the offer to £150K.

I usually don't use the transfer listing opportunity as it usually effects the harmony in the squad

Ole

Most of the time I just offer him to other clubs - usually to the price they are valued to. I think it is important to be realistic - if it is a player that you no longer want in your squad his market value will be low.

If it is an player on 30 years or older I have experienced that it was necessary to lower the price even more. If the player instead is young (I would say up to 23 years) I offer them at a higher price (e.g. a young player valued to £100K I would offer him for £200K to see what happens (not if it is just before end of transfer window) and them lower the offer to £150K.

I usually don't use the transfer listing opportunity as it usually effects the harmony in the squad

Ole

I do this too, but it needs to be looked at by the devs really as there shouldn't be any difference in effect on squad harmony.

• SI Staff
I do this too, but it needs to be looked at by the devs really as there shouldn't be any difference in effect on squad harmony.

In the saves I've seen where people were having problems selling it appears mainly to have been due to their clubs having a large reputation combined with the players in question being far too happy to be on the 'fringes' of a team, I've some tweaks waiting for QA on monday which should help this side of things (bear with us, all feedback on the game is much appreciated - especially when backed up by save games which help me analyse things).

Archived